Sidney K Gicheru, MD

Video profile
440 W Lyndon B Johnson Fwy Ste 300
Irving, TX 75063
214-574-9600
Locations and availability (9)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Cataract Surgery  |  show details
by Shirley on Sep 2nd, 2013

My Cataract surgery was a breeze and painless. The staff was just wonderful. After thorough testing, Dr. Gicheru recommended “Toric Monofocal lens”. I can now see clearly without glasses, near and far. It”s like looking at a new world! The colors are so much richer. It”s great to read highway and street signs again. I highly recommend Doctor Gicheru, he is very professional and easy to communicate with. Patient: Shirley S. Age: 68

by Shirley S. on Aug 5th, 2013

|  Excellent Courteous Service  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

I love Dr. Gicheru and his staff. I recently had Lasik surgery with him. I had a wonderful experience. He is not a mill like so many other Lasik places I have heard about. He took his time with me and made sure all my questions were answered before my surgery. He is super meticulous and made sure all my readings matched and he carefully explained everything to me. My surgery was quick and the staff made sure I was comfortable during my surgery. The best part?....I have the best vision I have ever experienced!! I am so happy! I would highly recommend this doc to anyone, go now.

Apr 20th, 2011

Dr. Gicheru is an excellent doctor. I was his patient for a couple years. I quit going to him because of his rude and incompetent staff. It was too far of a drive to deal with the unproffessionalism. It's too bad because I really liked Dr. Gicheru.

|  Office Practices  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

While waiting for my appointment, a gentlemen was at the window trying to solve a financial problem with the staff. He was being overcharged and repeatedly billed.For my visit, I was told I needed to pay for both eyes when I needed surgery on one eye. "It is standard practice for patients to pay for both eyes up front because you will want the other eye done in two weeks." I said I only needed one eye operated on. I was told then I would have to ask the doctor for special permission to pay for only one eye! At check out, I was told I needed to pay for my deductible. I said I already paid it for this year. It is standard practice to get the deductible (just like the poor guy at the window earlier) I refused to pay it again. So they accepted my payment of 20% (I don't know if they called my insurance or not). Then I said I needed a doctor's note and was told it is $25.00. I said I wasn't asking for Company Leave paperwork, only a note. I was told again $25.00. I left them and found another doctor.Be aware of the money issues up front. I have no idea if he is any good as a doctor. I don't like the way DFW EYES was planning to handle my money so I couldn't trust them with my eyes.

by dfwgrlfrnd on Dec 28th, 2007 on citysearch.com

|  Integrity  |  show details
by dfwgrlfrnd at Citysearch on Dec 28th, 2007 on citysearch.com

When I last wrote a review here, I shared my difficulty in getting in to see this fine doctor. It was a series of mis-steps and misunderstandings. In keeping with the goodness and integrity of this fine doctor, he and his staff made it up to me. I was seen in a timely manner this time, treated with respect, and they even sent me flowers. I was very surprised, but it goes to show you that the staff is willing to repair mistakes, and Dr. Gicheru shines, as he always did. He is a very smart man, and he is one of the best doctors in his field. I am happy to say that he has corrected the problems with his staff, and the problems have disappeared. I plan to be a patient for a very long time, and you will, too, if you choose him as your doctor.

by mere1975 on Sep 20th, 2007 on citysearch.com

One late afternoon, I looked up from my computer screen at work and everything was fractured. I was seeing double. Dr. Gicheru was my mother's opthamologist -- I did not have one -- but I called Dr. Gicheru's office and they asked me to come in immediatel

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Stayed late to help a new patient!  |  show details
by mere1975 at Citysearch on Sep 20th, 2007 on citysearch.com

One late afternoon, I looked up from my computer screen at work and everything was fractured. I was seeing double. Dr. Gicheru was my mother`s opthamologist -- I did not have one -- but I called Dr. Gicheru`s office and they asked me to come in immediately. They explained it could have been a detached retina and if so, they had to treat it immediately. The doctor and 1-2 nurses stayed late to make sure everything was OK with my eyesight -- and I wasn`t even on their books! It turned out to be an occular migraine not a detached retina but I felt so much more comfortable knowing that the office staff genuinely cared about my vision.

|  Doctors are fabulous  |  show details
by smithj65 at Citysearch on Aug 29th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I have never liked eye doctors until Dr. Gicheru. He is so personable and down to earth. He is easy to sit and talk to and he actually makes me feel like a real person instead of another patient. He knows my kids and he asks about them. The staff is also very nice and helpful. He specializes in lasik, as well as diabetic patients and then just regular exams. I just had lasik and it went so great that I`m recommending him to my whole family. The prices are comparible to other places.

by smithj65 on Aug 29th, 2007 on citysearch.com

by beatrizg on May 10th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I honestly don't know what the above reviewer is talking about. They must be one of those problem people. I have had such wonderful experiences with Dr. Gicheru's office. I have been a patient there for over 4 years. I just recently had my Lasik done

|  Smartest, Most Thorough Doctor ever!  |  show details
by beatrizg at Citysearch on May 10th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I honestly don`t know what the above reviewer is talking about. They must be one of those problem people. I have had such wonderful experiences with Dr. Gicheru`s office. I have been a patient there for over 4 years. I just recently had my Lasik done there because I have so much confidence in Dr. Gicheru. He is always so upbeat and remembers personal details of my life, like where I work! What doctor can keep up with that! He was very patient with me and calmly explained the details of my Lasik surgery. I was so nervous and anxious before my surgery but his confidence and knowledge made all my fears go away. I would hightly recommend going to this office. Also, their optical has really cute frames. I got a pair of sunglasses there after my Lasik. They have a unique, high class selection.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Rufused treatment because I wouldn`t surrender my driver license number.  |  show details
by dagmara56 at Citysearch on Apr 5th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I was referred to Dr. Gicheru because I had problems with double vision. I called, explained I was having problems with double vision, and received an appointment the next day. I showed up on time, I provided all the information requested, my employee badge which has my name, employee number, and photo as a photo id, SSN, insurance card, etc. except my driver license number. I was told repeatedly, the office policy required a driver license number. I told them, you don`t need my driver license number. I had several individuals repeated this response. I told them, I cannot believe you are denying me treatment because I am refusing to give my driver license number! I asked for them to provide me with a written copy of this policy, they refused to provide me with a written copy of the policy, and they refused to allow me to see the doctor, without a driver license number. . I left, returned, and asked for my paperwork back, since it had my social security number, and I was told that my information had been shredded. I never saw the doctor, although they were calling patients to the back, so he was there. I could not believe, that I was refused treatment because I protect my privacy and identity, and they knew I wasn`t there just to get my vision checked, but I had vision problems. They didn`t care about me as a patient... just cared about getting that driver license number. Recommend Dr. David Gregory in the same building, one floor up.

by dagmara56 on Apr 5th, 2007 on citysearch.com