Sidney A Houff MD Patient Reviews

• Lexington, KY

September 4th, 2014
My husband had been to several specialists with the symptoms he was experiencing but to no avail a definitive diagnosis could not be made.We were in the process of seeking medical advice from Vandy or Ohio State Univ. when Dr.N.Everman referred us to Dr. Houff. I must admit our first impression with Dr.Houff was a bit scary but within minutes we felt @ ease with him as he did a thorough history & physical and was able to conclude with a final diagnosis with which my husband has been receiving monthly treatments. Dr.Houff is an impeccable physician with extensive knowledge in his field of expertise. To assure that my husband was following through with his treatments and to see how he was responding,Dr.Houff has made frequent phone calls to us and has even encouraged us to call him on his cell for any concerns that we may have! In this day & time you don't find physcians that are that accommodating!! I would highly recommend Dr.Houff to anyone needing neuro interventions!!

June 1st, 2011
One of the very best
Dr. Houff diagnosed me as having a pituitary adenoma within one week of my first visit. Prior to seeing him I had been seeing specialist after specialist for multiple symptoms with no progress. He used his extensive connections to get me admitted on very short notice to the UVA hospital and operated on by the best pituitary surgeon in the U.S. at that time. He continued follow-up on my condition, making sure I had the proper medications.

June 9th, 2010
Seeing Dr. Houff has been one of the most invalidating medical experiences I have ever had. He spent very little time during appointments listening to me, invalidated my frustration in dealing with unexplained symptoms, and became defensive when I asked him to tell me what the tests he was running were supposed to show, all of which added stress to an already stressful experience.

November 19th, 2008
Diangnosing my MS
I was 20 when I first met Dr. Houff. I was scared and frustrated trying to get an accurate diagnosis. He took amazing care and compassion with me as we worked to find a diagnosis for my symptoms. We ran more tests and not only discovered my official diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis, but the reason why I developed MS and an effective treatment. He has been an amazing blessing in mine and my families lives.