Dr. Sidney Smith MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Savannah, GA

May 3rd, 2017
Dr.Smith is an Excetional Doctor
I have an extensive cancer history. Dr. Smith has performed 7 surgeries on me in 20 years. If I had to sit in his lobby to be seen for 30 minutes or more that means he is helping the person in front of me not die from cancer. He is not a drive through doctor who takes the money and says "next!" He takes his time with you and wants to make sure he has done his best and gotten clean margins in order to save life's. My opinion is he is one of the last doctors on this planet that sincerely puts his patients first not how he can make money off them like most doctors. I think he is fantastic.

March 11th, 2016
This is not how I want to be treated
I have no problem with the medical competence of this doctor or the polite staff. My problem is with the management of the office. Wait times are deplorable ( this is a problem of overbooking and not respecting patient's time), call backs for results are non existent and a fully laid out patient plan is non existent.

October 23rd, 2015
Excellent Care
My husband, Roland had extensive MOHS surgery due to skin cancer. Dr. Smith did an excellent job and as he continues to heal, the facial scars have been minimal. He made the days of surgery as comfortable as possible. Dr Smith and his staff were very professional and caring. I most definitely recommend his care.

July 4th, 2013
See a Plastic Surgeon
After high recommendations went to see Dr. Smith. Really like him at consult.....personable guy. But over steps his limits...our at ;east in me case. After a 13 hour day in his office and 7 procedures later I left with 2 LARGE wounds only covered in porcine graft. Was schedule the next morning to see a plastic surgeon that was startled to say the least of my huge gaping deep wounds not properly closed. He took way more skin than he should have in his office. My procedure should have been done in sterile OR with a plastic surgeon prepped and ready to close. So tomorrow 48 hours after the appointment with Dr. Smith I am having urgent repair surgery in the hospital to place proper skin grafts from my thighs with a highly qualified plastic surgeon and hoping that this will not create problems because of the work of Dr. Smith

July 2nd, 2013
Sad to say...no excuses...
I have had Mohs skin cancer surgery done in 2 other states by Mohs dermatologists and I never had to spend the entire day waiting to be seen and then waiting 4 hours for results and then having to wait again...he desperately needs some partners!

November 17th, 2011
Clinic Evaluation
Clinic performance starts with the owner. His clinic calls 48 hours before the appointment to make sure the patient is there for obvious reasons. When I'm 10 minutes early, I shouldn't still be sitting in the waiting room more than 30 minutes after the appointment time. Patients' time is as valuable as is the clinic staff's.

May 10th, 2011
Very good and very busy
Getting an appointment with Dr. Smith takes time. He has a very busy practice but the wait is well worth it. He is very knowledgeable, very friendly, and as someone else in the health care field, he appears very good. For routine followups, most people see his PAs or Nurse Practitioners but I have found them to be very good and on top of the current research and treatments.

September 29th, 2010
Excellent Physician
As I am a retired physician with several complicated dermatologic issues myself, I have found that over my two years with Dr. Smith, all of my conditions have received excellent care. It is amazing to watch him do Mohs surgery on yourself!!