Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Wish I found him earlier show details Wish I found him earlier
by Casey C. on May 24th, 2016

I spent 10 years looking for a doctor that specializes in treating post surgical testicular and abdominal pain. I am so thankful that I found the PUR Clinic. From the first appointment through the surgery and recovery the entire team was very compassionate, sensitive and caring. I finally have relief from years of pain. Dr. Parekattil made me feel completely at ease. From the moment I met him I had complete trust in him. I just wish I found Dr. Parekattil 10 years ago.

Truly life changing show details Truly life changing
by Robert R. on Apr 24th, 2016

I suffered from chronic testicular and spermatic cord pain for over 15 years. The pain increased over time to the point that it substantially impacted my work and personal life. I saw several urologists over the years with no help. After another urologist performed surgery that increased the pain, I researched the subject and fortunately found Dr. Parekattil. Dr. Parekattil was very patient in answering all my questions. I travelled across the country for the surgery that Dr. Parekattil recommended and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It has been 2 months since the surgery and my pain has been reduced by 70-80%. The improvement is truly life changing.

by Donna L. Holland, Clermont, fl on Apr 20th, 2016

I am currently being montiored by the Dr. for a chronic issue and wish to express how very much I feel confidence and his support throughout all apointments and procedures. He is the greatest! His ratings from me is well deserved.

Top notch show details Top notch
by Jane B. on Feb 3rd, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Parekattil by my Cardiologist and he wasted no time initiating my treatment plan. The professionalism and caring attitude of Dr. Parekattil and his staff is absolutely top notch and I would highly recommend the PUR Clinic.

Courteous & Kind show details Courteous & Kind
by Wesley S. on Jan 5th, 2016

Dear Dr. Parekattil I want to thank you again for the help and care you provided to me at a time when I couldn't seem to find any answers to the groin and testicular pain I had been experiencing for years. I am pleased to tell you that I am still pain free at 3 months post-op; and the procedure was not nearly as scary as I anticipated ! You have the gift of communicating with other men as one human being to another. Your manner is courteous and kind in spite of how very busy you are. My wife and I would like to wish you and your staff Happy Holidays and Sincere wishes for a Happy, Healthy, and safe New Year.

One of the best of the best. Truly amazing. show details One of the best of the best. Truly amazing.
by Dr. David E. Zucker on Nov 17th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. P for about 7 years now and he's still my favorite. The PUR clinic will go out of their way to help both you and Dr. P achieve the desired results you want. To be pain free. Honestly, I don't know where I would be right now from a health point of view without Dr. Parekattil and his team. Will be a patient of his for life and I have no problem whatsoever in accepting him into my life permanently. Thanks again. Sincerely, Dr. David Zucker

by Joseph H on Oct 20th, 2015

Dear Dr.P I just wanted to tell you how pleased I have been with you, the staff at PUR Clinic, and the staff in the 2nd floor surgery center at South Lake. In spite of my surgery being of a relatively minor nature - the courtesy, efficiency, thoughtfulness and overall professionalism demonstrated by everyone was simply amazing. I cannot think of a single thing that could be done to improve the entire process from a patient's perspective. Thank you

Oct 15th, 2015

After receiving care from Dr. Parekattil, pain returned after a couple of months. We stayed in contact with Dr. Parekattil, but after a month or two, he told us that the pain had returned and there was nothing he could do. We never heard from him afterward and we never heard from his staff. We were told by Dr. Parekattil that someone would be contacting us monthly to see how he was doing, but after we told him the pain had returned, nobody ever contacted us again. I believe that his findings are flawed--especially if they stop contacting a person after they find out they are going to receive negative results.

Doctor's Response

Dear Sir We have many options for patients with chronic pain and are always willing to continue working with you. We make follow up appointment in the clinic or via phone/Skype every few months and expect patients to make sure to keep these appointments. We do not have anyone calling all our patients every month for follow up - what we expect is that patients will continue to follow up with us as scheduled or call us if for any reason they are still in pain. I would be glad to help you and go over options - we are always willing to continue working with our patients till we resolve their pain. Please call me and let me know how I can help you Thank you for letting me take care of you Sijo Parekattil, M.D

Jan 18th, 2015

Absolutely the most caring and capable physician in dealing with chronic pain.

Thank you PUR clinic and Dr. Parekattil show details Thank you PUR clinic and Dr. Parekattil
by Jim N (Lecanto, FL) on Jan 13th, 2015

In 2012 my urologist performed a spermatoceolectomy (?) because I was experiencing pain due to cyst growths in both my testicles. About 18 months later the pain returned, and my urologist recommended that I see Dr. Parekattil, who is a leading pioneer in the area of testicular pain. I initially underwent a nerve block, which was successful and then returned a few weeks later for the neurolysis to the left testicular nerve. Dr Parekattil and his surgical staff were very professional and made me feel very comfortable and confident. The surgery was a success, eliminating both left and right testicular pain! The recovery period was relatively easy with minimal discomfort. I returned to work as a heavy equipment operator 2 weeks after surgery without any pain. Yesterday was 1 month since surgery and I played 3 hard contested games of racquetball without any pain or problems. I would recommend that anyone who has the same or similar condition I had, to consult with Dr. Parekattil. Before this surgery, I was in so much pain that I couldn’t make it through a whole shift at work. Now my life has returned to normal and the pain has gone! Thank you PUR clinic and Dr. Parekattil.

Taking a moment to appreciate your kindness show details Taking a moment to appreciate your kindness
by Carla & Art J. on Jan 9th, 2015

Dr.P Beauty isn't found just in paintings or poetry...sometimes it's found in the ways people act and the goodness they share. Just taking a moment to appreciate your kindness. Thank you so very much for all of the help and understanding you provide for Art and me. Hope you enjoy the sweater - Art wears his proudly.

Nov 5th, 2014

Great doc. Very compassionate.

See this doctor you won't be disappointed show details See this doctor you won't be disappointed
by Carl C., NY on Oct 21st, 2014

I have been living with testicular pain for many years was embarrassed to even try to get help it got so bad I even changed cars I was driving I thought it was because I drive all day for work I even went for physical therapy so I'm many doctors went for a colonoscopy nobody could figure out why went to pain management got injections in my spine nothing seemed to work. I found Dr Parekattil online seeing his treatments and heard from other men who had my problem I made an appointment to go see him since the surgery it's night and day. The pain would bring tears to my eyes now I can drive fly live a normal life with very little pain. And most times no pain at all. I recommend anyone that has the pain that I had to go see this doctor you won't be disappointed.

by Clyde W on Mar 28th, 2014

I cannot thank Dr. Parekattil enough, I am pain free after 3 years of continual groin pain. The pain started after hernia surgery, I was not able to do anything without pain. I had been told by numerous doctors that surgery was not an option. I was undergoing shots for pain block, but the pain always returned. I would recommend Dr. Parekattil to anyone. He has given me freedom to enjoy my life.

THANK YOU 1000 TIMES show details THANK YOU 1000 TIMES
by Laura Batista on Sep 22nd, 2013

Esteemed Dr.P, I thank you so much for giving me the bilateral microcryoablation. Before the procedure my life was very unhappy. I had pain in my rectum all the time, and much discomfort in my genital area to the point were my sexual interest had disappeared because it caused a very unpleasant hypersensitivity of the vaginal area. I couldn't even enjoy the pool because I suffered from intense pain in my belly. This has all disappeared now. Believe me, I cannot find words to tell you how grateful I am. THANK YOU a thousand times.

the BEST show details the BEST
by r. on Jun 8th, 2013 on doctor.com

the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Great Doc show details Great Doc
by Jeff Plumley on Jan 19th, 2013

Dr.P, I feel as if I have received my Christmas gift early this year. Many thanks to you for putting an end to 30 years of suffering from chronic testicular pain & sensitivity. I have begun sending out your brochure to doctors I've already seen. Contrary to what they told me, I'm able to tell them there is help available for people like me.

Expert Surgeon show details Expert Surgeon
by Allen Hughes on Jan 16th, 2013

Hello......my name is Allen Hughes and over a year ago Dr Parekattil performed surgery to correct a very painful groin issue....i.e., the spermatic cord. Having had other surgeries in recent years, Dr Parekattil is an expert ... and this surgery is a piece of cake. Mind you there are after affects during the recovery stage ... which I urge you to understand completely what is required of you before you have the procedure. This will help you understand what is going on with your body as you are recovering .... Very very important info for both your psychological and physical well being. I am a bicyclist. My pain had reached the stage of being unable to ride 4 miles without major discomfort. A very short period of time after the surgery I was able to resume my biking. During 2012, I completed several century rides including a Double Century Back to Back in Hawthorne, Ga, and the Six Gap Century in Dahlonega, Ga ..My total mileage for the year was over 9,900 miles ... Please note that the first surgery cutting the spermatic cord nerve did not remedy the problem completely and I subsequently had three nerve blocks administered by Dr Parekattil... I had no hesitation in having any of the surgeries because of the pain level I was in ... and honestly if necessary I would do it again ..... so that I can continue to live a very comfortable life.."

Excellent-Highly Recommended show details Excellent-Highly Recommended
Nov 23rd, 2011

The best bedside manor of any doctor I have ever had! Very caring, extremeley knowledgable. Not pretentious! When I was researching prostate cancer, he personally called me on a Friday night to discuss my situation before I ever had my first appointment-wow! I had a robotic prostatectomy and both Dr. and staff were great!

best of both worlds show details best of both worlds
Nov 11th, 2011

very smart and caring, excellent bedside manner.

Awesome show details Awesome
Oct 29th, 2011

Doctor Parekattil is awesome! A top professional with utmost dedication & compassion!

Outstanding Doctor, Surgery Totallay Successful show details Outstanding Doctor, Surgery Totallay Successful
by R S on Nov 15th, 2010

Dr. Parekattil did a spermatic cord denervation and variocellectomy. Wonderful bedside manner, great followup, and the surgery ended thirty five years of chronic testicular/scrotal content pain that had gotten so bad sleep was getting impossible. The surgery is amazing, and the doctor wonderful. I couldn't be more pleased.

Caring Doctor show details Caring Doctor
by JT on Nov 7th, 2010

My husband had spermatic cord denervation, due to extreme pain caused by a vasectomy he had two years ago. His surgery took place in Winter Haven under the amazing hands of Dr. Parekattil. He truly is unlike any Dr. I have ever met. So personable, so caring, and you can see that he is driven to help people who need it so desperately. May I also mention he is brilliant!!!

Scary show details Scary
Aug 18th, 2010

Husband suffers from chronic pain after vasectomy. In doing research on the internet, he was referred by another doctor on a vasectomy forum. I sent him an email and he later called us. All I can say is that we were slackjawed throughout the conversation. He barely let us get a word in and talked AT us - very high-level, technical explanation of nerve bundles, etc... There was no interest in my husband's previous history in regards to vasectomy, etc... No request for previous medical records, etc... Odd thing was that he tried to sell us a "combo" package at a private hospital for a few months down the road. Combo package would include limo service, Disney hotel, etc... We got off the phone in shock. My advice is to do your research and find a doctor based on peer recognition, etc...

i agree with steve stay away show details i agree with steve stay away
Aug 13th, 2010

This is my opinion only based upon my experience with this Dr and an exercise of my freedom of speech. This is in no way meant to discredit or harm any reputation but to inform you of the facts of my operation.. side note I wish I had seen steves post as it is accurate in describing some of this drs behaviors. I was told I needed this operation. I can only describe the pain I am in as a result of this procedure as terminal I do not know how I can continue living in this pain that has increased ten fold in what several doctors have told me was an un needed, missdiagnosed , and extreme nerve damage they have ever seen. I am completely disabled unable to walk with out a cane, now have pain in my penis, leg and abdomen that was not here Before. Try to imagine your testical being smashed all.day every day with no relif from even the strongest pain medication. Nausea and.abdominal pain that even speaking causes pain, body tremors secondary. To pain and other complications not.fit for print. My life.was taken.away from me and I only pray that the doctors.will be able to correct what has been done to me. He also wrote patient no longer has pain in testical in his report making it hard to get disability. Of course there is no pain you removed it for no reason. But you forgot to mention all the complications because of what he did. Hope this gives you an idea to get another opinion. Once again this is only an account of my experience and an exercise in freedom of speech

Very helpful! show details Very helpful!
Jul 29th, 2010

Very pleased thus far, very kind and caring. Listened to all of our concerns...very helpful. He's extremely dedicated and always returns calls and emails. I would recommend him for male infertility diagnosis and treatment, as well testicular pain treatment.

Great doc show details Great doc
Jun 19th, 2010