Dr. Sijo Parekattil, MD
Urologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Oma B. on Nov 20th, 2014

My family and I would like to say "Thank You" Dr Parekattil for your wonderful treatment of caring for my husband. My husband, Jessie Bratcher passed away Oct 25, 2014 of a condition not related to that which Dr Parekattil treated my husband. Giving us the good news that the enlarged Prostate was not cancer, Dr Parekattil seemed as relieved and happy as we were. We continued with Dr Parekattil for Jessie's regular check ups. Then reading in the paper that he was going to leave Winter Haven Hospital, we asked if we could come to see him in Clarmont. The answer was yes. Some, maybe, could not understand why we would drive an hour when there were good physicians in Winter Haven. However, in our opinion, not as good as Dr Parekattil. You see, I had searched everything I could find about Dr Parekattil and I wanted the best for my husband. So.... convinced, we drove the hour drive to see him for Jessie's regular check up. Dr Parekattil's ability and unique surgical technique was not the only thing that prompted our decision to follow him here. You see, Dr Parekattil has a character which is lacking in so many physicians. He cares for his patients. He demonstrated a gentleness and compassion from day one. It is not an act, but genuine. You are not made to feel as though you are just a number and another $. You are never rushed. If you have concerns, he is ready to listen. I have never seen a physician so apologetic and concern for your pain. When I called to cancel my husbands appointment and told them the reason why, Dr Parekattil called to convey his condolences. Not many physicians would take the time to do that. Thank you Dr Parekattil. May God Bless you. Note: So for you who may be reading these posts, you need look no further. Dr Parekattil is the best.

|  show details
Nov 5th, 2014

Great doc. Very compassionate.

|  See this doctor you won't be disappointed  |  show details
by Carl C., NY on Oct 21st, 2014

I have been living with testicular pain for many years was embarrassed to even try to get help it got so bad I even changed cars I was driving I thought it was because I drive all day for work I even went for physical therapy so I'm many doctors went for a colonoscopy nobody could figure out why went to pain management got injections in my spine nothing seemed to work. I found Dr Parekattil online seeing his treatments and heard from other men who had my problem I made an appointment to go see him since the surgery it's night and day. The pain would bring tears to my eyes now I can drive fly live a normal life with very little pain. And most times no pain at all. I recommend anyone that has the pain that I had to go see this doctor you won't be disappointed.

by Kyle and Shawna on Sep 17th, 2014

We have a happy and healthy baby boy (born 9/14/14). My wife and I wanted to thank you again for your excellent care throughout my time at your clinic! Kyle and Shawna

by J.Moore on Jun 26th, 2014

Hello ! I would love to give a feed back about the whole experience i had at Pur Clinic. The whole staff was so loving and made me feel so comfortable! I never been so nervous in my life ,but they made sure i was going to be in good hands and they were right! After my procedure was done in March 2014 &3 months later my wife found out she was pregnant!!!! We are soo happy that we went through this and we found a place that really knew what they were doing and every dime was worth it!! I just wanna say Thank you for giving me at second chance of being a father again!!! And we can't wait to meet our bundle of joy in February 2015!!!!!!!

|  Wonderful experience  |  show details
by Ingrid H. on Apr 14th, 2014

We are so grateful for the Pur Clinic and especially Dr. Parekattil who took the time to explain everything to us in detail and answer all of our questions. We were very concerned about what the outcome of surgical intervention would be and were worried about what we woukd do if it didn't work. Thanks to this great team and Dr. Parekattil my husbands procedure was in February and we are expecting our first baby and we are overjoyed. Thank You

|  show details
by Clyde W on Mar 28th, 2014

I cannot thank Dr. Parekattil enough, I am pain free after 3 years of continual groin pain. The pain started after hernia surgery, I was not able to do anything without pain. I had been told by numerous doctors that surgery was not an option. I was undergoing shots for pain block, but the pain always returned. I would recommend Dr. Parekattil to anyone. He has given me freedom to enjoy my life.

|  I can't thank Dr. Parekattil, Dr. Brahmbhatt and their staff enough.  |  show details
by Kevin Zarnowski, Pennsylvania on Mar 20th, 2014

Chronic groin and testicular pain have a terrible impact on a person's life. I first had surgery in 2008, and developed chronic left groin and testicular pain. Five surgeries later , for the same problem, I continued to have dehabilitating left groin and testicular pain. This effected my work and personal life significantly. Back and forth to various local specialists (urologists, general surgeons, pain management) for 6 years, I felt that there was no help for me. After doing research in this topic, I found Dr. Parekattil & Dr. Brahmbhatt and gave their office a call. The next day, they contacted me and set up an appointment. I flew down to Florida on February 11, 2014 and had surgery the next day. It has been 3 weeks since my surgery and I can honestly say, I have no pain. I can't thank Dr Parekatil, Dr. Brahmbhatt and his staff enough. Their professionalism, compassion, and expertise, in this topic, have changed my life. I can't encourage anyone enough to contact the PUR clinic. Dr. Parekattil, Dr. Brahmbhatt and their staff have improved my quality of life significantly, and they can improve yours.

|  Really cares about his patients  |  show details
by W. David Howard and Patricia on Feb 25th, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Parekattil as he really cares about his patients. First of all, I am an 80 - year old man so I was apprehensive about having an operation on my "jewels" but since I had been in severe testicular pain for ten months, it was a "Go" with this famous doctor, Dr. Parekattil. My wife and I met with Dr. Parekattil on January 15, 2014. He met us with a smile and a handshake, a doctor who was very compassionate, answered our questions and explained the procedure of microscopic denervation of the spermatic cord. Also, he explained other options that could be utilized, if necessary. I told Dr. Parekattil that I had previously been to two other urologists who told me that I would have to live with the pain. I was fortunate, however, to find a third urologist, in Gainesville, who knew him when he was on staff at the University of Florida College of Medicine. He highly recommended Dr.Parekattil and made the appointment for me. I also loved his "Gator" hat he wore in surgery. I met with Dr. Parekattil, on January 27, 2014, for the pain block followed by the testicular surgery on January 29th. Prior to surgery, I was prepared by the nurses and that was followed by the "well-wishers" consisting of Dr. Parekattil, Dr. Brahmbhatt, and the anesthesiologist who told me not to worry about anything and that I was in great hands. The surgery was very successful and I was very pleased in the fact that I was in no pain. Dr. Parekattil had told me that I would probably "hate" him as I would be in pain for about two weeks and that my testicle would be swollen, probably as big as a tennis ball. However, due to the excellent surgery by Dr. Parekattil and the good Lord above who is my savior, I have not had to take a pain pill. When my wife and I met with Dr. Parekattil, three weeks following surgery, he could not believe that I had not taken a pain pill. Since my wife and I are residents of the State, and only 90 miles away, I have another checkup in May. We feel our lives have been restored and that maybe now we can take a vacation (it has been two years since we had one). I highly recommend Dr. Parekattil and it was an honor to meet him along with his "Gator" humor and bow tie which just fits him. We thank him from the bottom of our hearts and wish all of them the very best. God bless you all. A Friend for life, W. David Howard and Patricia

|  I had almost given up hope prior to meeting Dr.Parekattil & Dr.Brahmbhatt  |  show details
by Richard (and Laura) Domenech on Feb 19th, 2014

I had almost given up hope of even finding a doctor who listened to me and just didn’t tell me to take a pill and come back in a month. The pain I felt had been on going for at least 4 years if not longer and the four doctors I saw prior to Dr. Parekattil & Dr.Brahmbhatt were just that way, take this. Dr. Parekattil understood, he listened and he explained exactly what I was feeling and why. We spent two hours going over the cause of the pain, why it is so hard to detect and what options were there. It all sounded impossible but he and his whole staff showed me they were there for me and truly cared and understood everything. After the initial procedure of placing a block and locating the problem the surgery was scheduled. Very easy with the outcome that was by far more than expected. All pain was gone! Gone from the moment I was out of surgery. This was amazing to me because off the scale pain was part of my everyday life for longer than I can remember. For the next five weeks I did exactly what I was told, wasn’t taking any chances. On the follow up visit still no pain, not a twinge. If only all doctors were as kind, caring and understanding as Dr. Parekattil & Dr.Brahmbhatt. I only had one issue, couldn’t understand why the robot sat in the corner and didn’t have a name. Any piece of equipment as valuable and amazing as it should have a name. This issue was addressed with Dr. Parekattil & Dr,Brahmbhatt and agreed so from this time forward the robot will be called “Turtle”! Think about it, slow and steady and gets the job done.Thank you Dr. Parekattil & Dr.Brahmbhatt from the bottom of my heart for giving back my quality of life I will forever be indebted to you, your staff (especially Elena) and “Turtle”. Richard (and Laura) Domenech Lake Mary, Florida

|  Dr. Parekattil = Kind, Compassionate & intelligent  |  show details
by Hunter on Jan 13th, 2014

I've seen a lot of doctors over the past 20 years but I've never met one quite like Dr. Parekattil. He really seems to actually care about your issues and he's very passionate about his work. I've had chronic prostatitis/CPP for half my life & I've tried just about everything to get some relief. I ended up finding Dr. Parekattil online by doing some research a couple of years ago. I drove down to Winter Haven, Fl last September & had a couple of mapped nerve blocks done (genitofemoral & ilioinguinal) The procedure seemed to help some with the testicular pain but the pain behind my navel is still there. I also have urgency, frequency, incontinence & perineum pain from a bladder neck incision I had 6 months prior to the nerve blocks. He didn't actually do a pudendal nerve block, so I'm looking to get that done very soon in the hopes that it will help. If you have chronic pelvic pain & you can't find any relief then give this doctor a try. There's a good chance that he can help you.

|  Thank you many times over  |  show details
by Steve P., Florida on Nov 13th, 2013

I can't begin to say how thankful my wife and I are to you. We were trying to conceive for 5 years and had no luck. After seeing other Drs, we were finally referred to you. Not only were you able to answer all our questions, but recommended surgery to solve our problem. I had some reservations about surgery, mainly because of the area that was being worked on. Everything was fully explained, as well as what we should/could expect for results. This put both my wife and I at ease. From the first visit through the followups after the operation, I felt that I was the most important patient, and my health and recovery was paramount. Recovery was tough, just as it was told to me, but it was worth it. After 5 long years, my wife was able to get pregnant, and we are expecting our first child. Thank you many times over! Steve P.

|  They are the greatest  |  show details
by Marlies Mertsch Geer on Nov 13th, 2013

Hello, My name is Marlies Mertsch Geer. I suffer from a very bad case of Interstitial Cystitis. This is a very painful condition where the bladder wall is compromised and in my case, I have no bladder lining due to the fact that I was going to the wrong Dr. who didn't know what he was doing. I have been through so many urologists in the last 20 years and finally I found a great one here in Ft. Myers-Dr. Langford. She had tried everything she could think of to help me with my painful condition but alas, nothing helped. As she sat there thinking, a light went off in her head and she said "Dr Parekattil and Dr. Brahmbhatt!" She went on to tell my how the Dr's were "world renowned specialists and I feel they can help you greatly" So I made an appointment with Dr. Parekattil and let me tell you, he is just the kindest Dr. that I have ever met. The same goes for Dr. Brahmbhatt and the whole team. Everyone is so nice there it is really hard to describe. They make you feel like you are a part of their family and I know they really care about each and every one of their patients. I felt like more then a patient, in fact I felt "special" and that's how they treat everyone. Dr. Parekattil first started with blocks, three in a row, once a month. That worked better then anything else I had tried. After that Dr. Parekattil thought of another great treatment which was a little more invasive but not painful at all. It is called a Cryo-Ablation and they freeze certain nerves around the bladder and it is all done laproscopically so there is no cutting. This held me for a good amount of time but the good Dr. had something better in mind - Robotic Surgery. I can't really explain it in medical terminology but it is all done by robots and it is amazing. This time they also went in laproscopically but it was all done by the robots, assisted by the Dr's. There was no pain and I healed up well and I am doing better now then I have been for a long time, at least 10 years. If you have any doubts about going to see Dr. Parekattil and Dr. Brahmbhatt please don't. They are the greatest Dr's. I have even met and they really care about their patients more then any Dr's I have ever met.

|  THANK YOU 1000 TIMES  |  show details
by Laura Batista on Sep 22nd, 2013

Esteemed Dr.P, I thank you so much for giving me the bilateral microcryoablation. Before the procedure my life was very unhappy. I had pain in my rectum all the time, and much discomfort in my genital area to the point were my sexual interest had disappeared because it caused a very unpleasant hypersensitivity of the vaginal area. I couldn't even enjoy the pool because I suffered from intense pain in my belly. This has all disappeared now. Believe me, I cannot find words to tell you how grateful I am. THANK YOU a thousand times.

|  Great Team  |  show details
by Nigel Grant on Sep 13th, 2013

In June 2013 I was referred by my family physician to the Robotics Institute & Center for Urology because of elevated PSA levels. In July, it was confirmed that I had early stage prostate cancer. This is the point after which the quality and professionalism of the RI&CU made the difference in my life. In the end I opted for complete removal of my prostate by robotic surgery. What has impressed me throughout the process was the steps taken by the Doctors at RI&CU. It began with a consultation in which I was given all the options for treatment, the risks and side-effects of each. In addition, the process included my wife being allowed to sit in on the consultations. This is big when you have a partner with whom you always make decisions. My wife ended up being present at the hospital during the procedure and she told me how the doctor kept her informed and updated during the process. This is customer service at its best. The surgery was very successful and even more remarkable is the comprehensive post-surgical care package which I am currently undergoing. I am being cared by a group of skilled and compassionate professionals within the Winter Haven Hospital System. Thanks to Dr. Parekattil and his team I am progressing ahead of most of my peers who have had similar treatment for prostate cancer. I will be back to work within 5 weeks of surgery, whereas most persons were telling me that it would take at least 6 weeks. Gentlemen, if you need this kind of care, I would recommend none other that the Robotics Institute and Urology Center.

|  Fabulous team  |  show details
by Robert H., Massachusetts on Aug 25th, 2013

“No more meds . . . you are at the highest limit I can prescribe for you, sorry. You’ll just have to live with the pain.” They were right but after almost 20 years and the testicular pain worse than ever, I was spiraling out of control with the madness of pain and despair. My primary doctor found Dr. Parekattil and the Winter Haven Hospital after years of disappointment and fear that I would never lead a “normal life” again. The moment I stepped into the office of Dr. Parekattil, scared but hopeful, I was treated like a member of the family. From the front desk to checkout I was encompassed with compassion, acceptance and love for my situation and for me as a person. I was shaking in fear knowing this man was going to save me or I was going home as broken as before, no hope and depression setting in like an oncoming storm, getting cloudier and windier every day. He entered the room with his gentle good nature, smiling and reassuring that everything would be alright. Shaking my hand and spending the first 30 minutes getting to know “me” and how the pain had changed my life. Listening intently, he slowly came to get to know me and the terrible situation I had been living with. Unheard of, right? I was dumbfounded to say the least. To find not just a skilled surgeon but a caring and empathetic man who truly wanted to help, more than I could have ever hoped and prayed for. He then proceeded to go through the different procedures available, never sugarcoating anything but still in a non-threatening way. Answering all of my questions, as well as my wife’s, he went over all the options available so we truly understood what was involved. He helped us to come to a course of action, including the scenarios that could follow if the first operation was not successful. This was a true doctor in every sense of the word, gaining my confidence with every point he made. Tomorrow’s the big day . . . what have I just agreed to? Arrival at the hospital, pulse way above where it should be, again I was put at ease by the good natured and friendly people from check-in, to transport, to the surgical admission. Tension and fear building in me again I was so frightened I couldn’t even talk to my mother on the phone. Time to go, kiss goodbye, and whisked off to pre-op. I was again calmed by the nurses and anesthesiologist, telling me not to worry and I was in great hands, the best. Now, left alone with only myself and my worst fears, all things negative flooded into my head. ‘Would I be functional afterwards?’ ‘Could I ever have relations with the love of my life ever again?’ ‘Will I ever be the man she married?’ True fear was upon me so nothing left to do but pray. My best friend (my wife of 22 years) came in to sit with me for the last 20 minutes, reassuring me, holding me and loving me. Now in recovery, I was wide awake and wanted to go. Got my meds, discharge papers, and was off to the hotel to recuperate. Being from Massachusetts, I had to wait 3-4 days before I could fly back home but even though I was sore I still made my wife take me out for dinner each night so I wouldn’t go stir crazy in the hotel! Finally back at home, resting comfortably, I noticed the pain I had been living with was subsiding slowly, a little bit each and every day. I took a Skype call with Dr. Parekattil 3 weeks after the operation and told him things were great. Not only was my pain down to a 2-3 out of 10 but other things had begun to ‘stir’ as well! Of course, being off of the morphine and oxycontin was helpful, but the pain was minimal at best. I had my life back!! Now, 9 weeks out, I am almost totally pain free and every aspect of my life is back on track. I do not wake up in pain any more, I enjoy the ‘physical’ aspects of my marriage again, and am going back to work with a clear head and a physical drive I haven’t had in years. The good doctor and his fabulous team have changed my life forever and I will be forever in their debt. If that wasn’t enough, during our Skype conference, he thanked me numerous times for ‘letting’ him treat me. Are you kidding me? Thank you Dr. Parekattil and your wonderful team for giving me the hope, strength and courage to trust in you and for giving me back everything that pain had taken away from me. Robert H. Massachusetts

|  Absolutely tops  |  show details
by Paul E. on Aug 9th, 2013

Good morning! This note is for Dr. Parekattil, his "partner in crime", and most certainly for all the staff members of the clinic. All of you were so professional, caring and helpful to us. We had many staff members going out of their way to do things like (Rhonda) insisting I take her bottle of water from her lunch, give us a recipe, people advising us regarding copays, directions, what to expect in my care and on and on. We don't remember ever experiencing such a caring, patient and "other-directed focus" that made us feel like we were in the most capable and friendly hands for any physician related service. Of course, Dr. Parekattil, we think you are absolutely tops. The way you take extra steps to patiently explain things, the way we were treated by you and saw you treating the staff was so welcome and unusual. It's so wonderful to meet a physician that is obviously well versed and on top of the newest techniques but is also humble and has that knack for conveying that you want only the best for your patient. It was so reassuring to know you have several options to treat the pain. I have seen many, many doctors with my problems and you are heads and shoulders above anything I have experienced before. I loved how you called me "Buddy", a nice touch that conveys a personal, caring relationship. We saw your humble embarrassment when we were telling you all of this which also tells us your values aren't self-centered. We can't say enough good about you. I will definitely be writing to urologists I have seen that just didn't know what to do with my problems. We are thankful to Dr. Nangia, from the University of Kansas Medical Center for recommending you for my case. I will be giving them your name and contact information so they can refer men with testicle pain to you. How many years I was in agony with what seemed like no one to turn to...how do we thank you? Best regards to all of you. Our experience with you was very rewarding. We wish all of you the very best! God bless you all Paul (and Jane) Elmore

|  Very pleasant  |  show details
by Jesse P. on Aug 9th, 2013

I chose Dr. Parekattil for my vasectomy reversal after doing extensive research online. After reading about the robotic method he uses, as well as the incredible results he's achieved, I knew he was the right physician. He and Dr. Brahmbhatt were very pleasant to deal with, as was each person on his staff. I had the procedure in May and it was far less intensive than I expected. I was virtually pain-free during my recovery and never had to resort to any medication for pain relief. A semen analysis performed six weeks after the reversal revealed counts similar to a man who'd never had a vasectomy. Three weeks after that we found out my wife was pregnant and our little bundle of joy will be here in April 2014. We owe it all to Dr. Parekattil and his team who worked a real miracle for us. Thank you again for everything!! Jesse Peck

|  Caring, compassionate and talented physician  |  show details
by Mark Davis, Florida on Jul 26th, 2013

Dr P, I am forever grateful to you for helping me at a time when most Dr's didn't understand what was wrong. You, your staff and Dr Traficante really turned my world around. I can not thank you all enough. I am lucky enough to see Dr T regularly and we both remark how it is awesome what you have been able to do for people. I really do want to help other people whom are suffering with pain and let them see it doesn't have to persist. And I feel compelled to share with them that you are a remarkably caring, compassionate and talented physician. Thank you for continuing to involve me, and for doing what you do. You are making a difference in peoples lives, and not just the men/women you treat, but their families, friends and all who benefit from what they do. Take care, Mark.

|  Heart-felt Thanks  |  show details
by Malcolm and Kathi Acree on Jul 1st, 2013

Dr. Parekattil, Hello and we hope this finds you doing well. Malcolm is doing great. He has been basically pain free since the last treatment he had from you in December 2012. Malcolm, and I, are so thankful for the knowledge and treatment you imparted. He is free from groin pain and it didn't seem likely, but it now is. He occasionally has a twinge, but it passes, and then he is back to pain free. He has a life again. We cannot thank you and your skill enough. Thank you so much, Malcolm and Kathi Acree, Florida

|  Very professional  |  show details
by Dustin M. on Jul 1st, 2013

Hello, I am writing this testimonial 1 month, post-op after my varicocelectomy. The incision was only about 2 inches wide and looks no worse than a mild scratch. The tissue is still a little tough around the incision area and the area is still numb, however I have been assured that both will reside in time. I am eager to check my results for my testosterone and sperm count in 2 more months time. Dr. Parekattil and his staff were very professional and helpful in the way they helped me through the steps to my varicocelectomy surgery. Post-op, I was nearly pain free and was able to walk around and do almost everything that I was able to do before the surgery. However, I kept any lifting to a minimum and stayed in bed for the better part of a week in accordance to doctors orders. I would highly recommend having this procedure done by Dr. Parekattil. Dustin, Florida

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by Christian Boston on May 27th, 2013

Dr. Parekattil, words cannot begin to express my deepest gratitude and appreciation for you and your amazing staff. The journey that brought me to your office included four months of pain and misdiagnosis at 2 hospital ER¹s and 2 doctor¹s offices. These professionals did not truly hear the symptoms that I was communicating to them. I had all but given up on getting relief for the constant right testicle pain and blood flow restriction I was experiencing. My symptoms had gotten so bad that I could not even sit down at my work desk for more than 10 minutes. This doctor visit was going to be my last attempt at finding a cure. Upon walking thru the door at the Robotics Institute & Center for Urology, I was impressed by the modern and stylish waiting room area, and more importantly the front desk staff was friendly and professional. Dr. Parekattil and Dr. Trost both greeted me with a warm smile and actually listened as I explained my symptoms. Dr. Parekattil examined me and concluded that I had been experiencing intermittent testicular torsion. He is so smart!!! I was even scheduled for surgery that same week. After the surgery, he explained that I also had a skin growth under my right scrotum, maybe from a sports injury, which was also contributing to the blood flow restriction. A couple of weeks later, at my post op follow-up appt, he could instantly tell that his surgical expertise had made me better. I was smiling from ear to ear when he walked into the room. Sincerely, Christian Boston

|  Great Team  |  show details
by Anthony Albarano on Mar 17th, 2013

Dear Mr. Anastasio, CEO Winter Haven Hospital I came down to Florida from PA to see Dr. Parekattil for a spermatic cord nerve block and then had robotic spermatic cord surgery, both of which were done in the operating room of your facility. My nerve block was done in the morning of February 12th and the surgery was done on the morning of February 14th. Not knowing the area, being so far from home, not knowing Dr. Parekattil and not being familiar with your hospital or staff, I'm sure you can understand the nervousness and uneasy feelings I was having. Yet, I was so impressed with not only Dr. Parekattil and his staff, but also with your operating room staff. I felt as if I was being treated more as a person than a patient. While names are fresh in my head, I want to say some things about them and would like you to forward this onto them to show my thanks. and appreciation. When my Fiancé and I came in for my nerve block on the 12th, we were both very impressed with the organization and set up, from the tracking screens to the beeper, keeping my Fiancé well informed with my progress. The woman at the desk in the waiting room was very nice and helpful. While in Pre-Op, the Anesthesiologist, Dr. Dale E. Wickstrom-Hill, helped my intense anxiety by giving me some medication to relax me until it was time to go to the OR. This gesture was huge to me. The 2 nurses I dealt with in Pre-Op, Deb and Sue, were extremely comforting as I was extremely scared of the procedure. Please make sure that these 2 nurses and the Anesthesiologist get my extended thanks for all they did for me this day. On February 14, I had the robotic surgery and to be blunt, was extremely terrified of the surgery. I again had Sue as my Pre-Op nurse and she did everything in her power to comfort me, knowing how sacred I was. She explained everything she was doing and told me every medication I was receiving. Being a Paramedic, I am familiar with the medications and it comforted me in knowing what was being put in my IV. Another nurse Brian, also assisted in my Pre-Op and he was also very nice and comforting. I did not receive any sedation prior to going into the OR and remember the experience before I was put to sleep. When in the OR, I met someone named Lisa who stayed at my side until I was put to sleep. Lisa did everything in her power to comfort me and make sure that I was warm enough with blankets and even introduced me to other staff members in the room. I asked her what I was being intubated with and wanted to know when I was getting the medications to put me to sleep. She explained everything to me, comforted me and advised me when the Dr. was starting to administer the medications. During my whole experience both Tuesday and Thursday, when I was in the OR to get my robotic surgery done, I was by far the most scared and anxious at that point and I really want Lisa to know how much she helped me, as a person and not just another patient. She truly impressed and helped me with her compassion and I need her to know that. While I was getting surgery, my Fiancé was talking with a staff member named Pete in the waiting room and she said that she was so appreciative of him and he made her feel as comfortable as possible, knowing what was going on with me. She wants Pete to know how much of a difference he made in her experience waiting to hear how I was doing. While I was in Post-Op, a nurse named Mike took care of me. Due to the sedation and Dilaudid, I wasn't exactly with it; however, I remember how nice he was to my Fiancé and I and how he explained everything to my Fiancé when she was allowed to come see me in Post-op. During the 2 days I spent at Winter Haven Hospital, my Fiancé and I came in contact with numerous staff members, from registration to Post-Op. Everyone we were in contact with were very nice and helpful. The people named above are ones who both my Fiancé and I believe went above and beyond comforting me as a patient and a human being, as well as, comforting and keeping my Fiancé calm and in the loop of things as I went through my 2 procedures. Their professionalism and compassion went beyond what we ever would have expected. Please make sure that they get our extended thanks and appreciation. Because of them, my Fiancé and I went from being uneasy, in an unknown hospital, hundreds of miles from home, to being comforted and knowing we ended up in the right place to have my procedures done. We cannot thank you enough! Sincerely, Anthony J. Albarano

|  Thanks  |  show details
by Victor Ng on Feb 23rd, 2013

Hi guys, I wanted to just drop you and everyone else over at the Urology Center a note and say 'thanks'. You guys are amazing. I can laugh about it in conversation, but truly - the last 2 years were really horrible for me. Everyone I met in Winter Haven treated me like I wasn't crazy and took me seriously and listened to me. I know it's still early in recovery for me, but I'm definitely feeling better than I have in a very long time. You've given me hope that I can get my life back. Thanks, Vic

|  Highly Recommend Dr.P  |  show details
by Rick DeMott on Jan 22nd, 2013

In April or May last year I had a high PSA, it indicated that I perhaps had prostate cancer, I was referred to Sijo Parekattil, MD for follow-up. As one would imagine all sorts of questions and worries come to mind. I had my first visit and a biopsy was scheduled and performed. To my amazement there was no discomfort at all. My biopsy indeed revealed that I had cancer. A consult was held and my options were discussed, I made the decision to have my prostate removed. I checked in to Winter Haven Hospital on July 5th the procedure was done, again no pain, no pain meds before or after the procedure. After a short 2 day stay I returned home with a bag of depends for the expected and forewarned incontinence. I had very little issue with that or the catheter, the idea was worse than the experience. To sum it up, it was a necessary treatment that was made as pleasant as it could be, I was treated with care and understanding. My doctor and his staff were great. The staff at Winter Haven Hospital are one of a kind. I would highly recommend the robotic surgery that is offered at this facility and also highly recommend Sijo Parekattil, MD

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by Jeff Plumley on Jan 19th, 2013

Dr.P, I feel as if I have received my Christmas gift early this year. Many thanks to you for putting an end to 30 years of suffering from chronic testicular pain & sensitivity. I have begun sending out your brochure to doctors I've already seen. Contrary to what they told me, I'm able to tell them there is help available for people like me.

|  Expert Surgeon  |  show details
by Allen Hughes on Jan 16th, 2013

Hello......my name is Allen Hughes and over a year ago Dr Parekattil performed surgery to correct a very painful groin issue....i.e., the spermatic cord. Having had other surgeries in recent years, Dr Parekattil is an expert ... and this surgery is a piece of cake. Mind you there are after affects during the recovery stage ... which I urge you to understand completely what is required of you before you have the procedure. This will help you understand what is going on with your body as you are recovering .... Very very important info for both your psychological and physical well being. I am a bicyclist. My pain had reached the stage of being unable to ride 4 miles without major discomfort. A very short period of time after the surgery I was able to resume my biking. During 2012, I completed several century rides including a Double Century Back to Back in Hawthorne, Ga, and the Six Gap Century in Dahlonega, Ga ..My total mileage for the year was over 9,900 miles ... Please note that the first surgery cutting the spermatic cord nerve did not remedy the problem completely and I subsequently had three nerve blocks administered by Dr Parekattil... I had no hesitation in having any of the surgeries because of the pain level I was in ... and honestly if necessary I would do it again ..... so that I can continue to live a very comfortable life.."

|  Best UroloBest gist  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

My wife and I wanted to have another child. I had a Vasectomy 20 years ago and my hometown urologist told us that it had been to long and the reversal would not work. My wife researched and found DR. Parekattil and after meeting with him we did the procedure. That was May 2011. Well my wife and I welcomed our new daughter October 2012. Wonderful doctor, really knows his stuff.

|  Absolutely superb surgeon  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

Hi, my name is Timothy Katz. I am a 41 y/o/m who back in 12/10 suffered a serve and very painful injury. The injury was to my groin (testicle). To make the painful story short, while working at a former employment I had my testicle pushed back up into my abdomen. I had my first surgery done back in May of 2011. That procedure was called Bilateral Orchiopexy. After several months and many follow up visits, it was determined that a specialist was needed to help in my case. So with the advise of my attorney (who had used Dr. Parekattil once before), he told me that if there was any doctor who might have an idea of what's going on it was Dr. Parekattil. So with some reluctance but no other answers I made that appointment. Dr. Parekattil immediately put me at ease with his great knowledge and experience in this area. We went and scheduled a procedure to see if that would help correct the problem which was a Spermatic Cord Block. After a small and brief moment of relief from that procedure, Dr. Parekattil explained a certain procedure called Right Neurolysis was needed. Using a Robtic System called DaVinci, Dr. Parekattil carfully fixed and corrected the damaged he found. With six weeks of recoup time and very little moving around, the healing process was going great and the pain was diminishing. Here it is now three and a half months after surgery, I am feeling great. I'm about 90 to 95% better. There is there occasional soreness and discomfort associated with surgery, but that comes and goes quickly which I was aware of from Dr. Parekattil . I feel almost as good as I did prior to the injury. Dr. Parekattil is a absolutely superb surgeon. I can't thank him and his wonderful staff enough for a great job and beautiful personal care. Thank you Timothy Katz.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

I just wanted to thank you Dr.P and your staff from the bottom of my heart for your effort and your great success in my case. It is amazing that even the same day I did not until today feel any pain or any swelling at all. I feel perfect so far with no pain from the procedure as well as no pain in my testicle any more. You did a GREAT job!! Continue the good job because there are more people like me out there who need your help.Sincerely, Mario Pavlopoulos, New Jersey.

|  Astonishing  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

I'm a film maker who lives in East Africa. We don't have much in the way of medical care for normal situations other than malaria. When something special goes out of whack, we have to travel. I've flown all the way to Florida several times to see Dr. Parekattil. I wasn't overly optimistic before my first exam, but the results of his procedures have been astonishing. Dr. Parekattil, unlike many of the other doctors I've seen, listens. He has me well on the way to healing up and leading a normal, pain-free life.Buck Tilley, Tanzania, Africa

|  Surgical Master  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

Dr. Parekattil, I wanted to take an opportunity to express my sincere thanks for your surgical mastery. You performed a vasectomy reversal on me January 3, 2012. The entire process was smoother than I ever would have expected. You and your entire staff were extremely professional. I experienced virtually no postoperative pain, and did not even require a single Percocet. The procedure worked perfectly, and I'm happy to report that my wife and I conceived a child shortly afterward on about April 20, 2012. Words cannot adequately express my appreciation for what you have done. With gratitude, William Greene, MD Dr. Parekattil, I, too, wanted to express my appreciation to you and your staff for the excellent care you gave my husband, and also the support and attention you gave to me throughout the entire process. From our first office visit, you spent a great deal of time with us, explaining the procedure and expected outcomes. On the day of surgery, I was obviously worried after my husband was taken to be prepped for the surgery, so I appreciated the electronic system that kept me updated on his progress. In addition, once the procedure began, two different nurses came to speak with me personally to communicate that everything was progressing as planned. This helped to alleviate my concerns and keep me calm. I also appreciated that you came to speak with me immediately following the surgery, and took the time to make sure that all my questions were answered. My husband and I commented frequently throughout our experience that we had never met a surgeon who spent so much time communicating with patients and family members. We are delighted that the surgery was successful, and are looking forward to the birth of our child right around the one-year anniversary of my husband's surgery. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! Warm regards, Lisa Greene, PhD

|  I'm 90% pain free - I am feeling soooooooo much better  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2012

Dr. Parekattil,Thanks for checking in - I am feeling soooooooo much better. I'm 90% pain free, and the pain that I do have is drastically reduced from what it was. I get an occasional pain in the left testicle near the bottom; its more like a sensitivity than an outright 'pain'. This seems to have been occuring less often as time passes. As I said, I feel normal most of the time - I've not had to use ice or any pain relievers since March. I can't thank you and your team enough, your procedure has given me my life back. Before the surgery, living with constant testicular pain - I really was getting depressed. Now I can enjoy myself again. I haven't been brave enough to start running again, however I hope to this summer. Please feel free to contact me any time.Once again - thanks for everything!

Apr 29th, 2012

I had my vasectomy performed over twenty years ago. I started having pain and infections in my left testicle in 2005. 9 urologists later I had the Micro-robotic Denervation procedure performed in December 2011. This was my second surgery for pain relief. The first performed in 2010 removed my left epidimous. I continued to have pain and infections there. Since Dr. Parakatil performed the procedure in 2011 I have been pain and infection free. Thanks Dr. P

|  I LOVE IT !  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

I recently visited your office and found all of your staff to be very friendly , courteous and understanding. They and you created a perfect environment for a patient . I have used the pain cream and meds as prescribed and have had relief , in fact I played 18 holes of golf yesterday with no problems . Cream and meds didn't help my swing tho ! Now for your bow tie - I LOVE IT ! brings a certain amount of dignity and class to the event. The wearing of the bow tie may have some personal meaning to you but once again I LOVE IT ! Thank you Dr. P (as you staff calls you) David I. Peterson

|  THEY ARE THE GREATEST  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2012

My name is David Morrison, I am 43 years old. I live in Palm Coast Fl. I had a vasectomy in 1992 after my second child,My wife and I decided in 2010 to have a child but did not know how to go about reversing what I had done. Some friends told us about Dr. Parekattil , so I went to meet him and his staff, he gave me a few different options, and we decided to go with the reversal, it was scheduled for Jan 27th 2011. Went in that morning and was at home that night, very little soreness. That was a Thursday, was back at work the following week, on light duty, and then on Nov 27 2011 we had a 6lb 7oz baby girl named Kirstin Ann . it is truly a miracle what Dr. Parekattil and his staff does. They are so nice and helpful. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM FOR ANYONE WANTING TO HAVE THIS PROCEDURE DONE ,THEY ARE THE GREATEST.

|  Excellent-Highly Recommended  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2011

The best bedside manor of any doctor I have ever had! Very caring, extremeley knowledgable. Not pretentious! When I was researching prostate cancer, he personally called me on a Friday night to discuss my situation before I ever had my first appointment-wow! I had a robotic prostatectomy and both Dr. and staff were great!

|  best of both worlds  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

very smart and caring, excellent bedside manner.

|  Awesome  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2011

Doctor Parekattil is awesome! A top professional with utmost dedication & compassion!

|  Miracle worker  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2011

Who would have known that after 21 yrs of having a vasectomy that I would still be able to conceive a child with my wife. Dr. P was amazing! He explained the whole robotic reversal process and answered any questions and concerns I might have had. The Robotic reversal surgery went through with without a hitch and very minimal pain!!! Here I am six weeks later able to conceive a child!!! Dr P you are a miracle worker!!! My sincere thanks,Johnny D.

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

Dr. Parekattil was my answer from God.Due to the severity of my vasectomy, I was referred to Dr. Parekattil by another WELL KNOWN doctor here in Florida, which was my first choice for my procedure.Dr. Parekattil and his staff were all very professional and kind during each doctors visit. The staff made sure they had all of the correct information, answered any and all of my questions, accommodated appointment changes. Dr. Parekattil took his time ensuring that me and my wife had a thorough understanding of the operation and the new technology he was using. He did not promise me success but he gave me ALOT of hope. I waited eight years before getting this procedure. I am proud to say eight months after my procedure my wife is pregnant. We should have our new addition/additions to our family in April of 2012. None of this would have been possible if it was not for Dr. Parekattil. Thank you so much Dr. Parekattil you have been such a blessing to me and my family.Sincerely,Duane- Cocoa, Fl

|  Thank God for Dr. Parekattil  |  show details
by M.M. on Apr 13th, 2011

First of all I would like to start off with a big THANK YOU to Dr. Parekattil. With out his knowledge and skill to pursue this type of cure for pain for so many men, I wouldn't be writing this today. I am a 26 year old man that was diagnosed with testicular cancer in June of 2007. After having an Orchiectomy, I suffered from chronic pain in the area of the testicle that was removed. I went to see several doctors...Urologist, hernia doctors, pain specialist. But unfortunately, no one could help me. I had nerve blocks done. I took pain medication for a couple of years. It got so bad that I became addicted to the pain meds and took myself off of them. Unfortunately, I couldn't function without them. I missed several days of work until I was finally put back on them by my Doctor. At this point I researched on the internet until I came across Dr. Parekattil's name. I sent him an e-mail and he responded to me immediately. Within a day, I spoke to him on the phone and we determined that I was a good candidate for his speciality surgery for this type of pain. I live in California, so we picked a date for the surgery and he had his assistant call me to work out all the details regarding travel and insurance coverage. It all fell into place and within a month I was in Gainesville Florida meeting with Dr. Parekattil. He and his team preformed a robotic abdominal neurolysis and when I woke up in recovery my pain was gone. I couldn't believe it. After close to 3 years of pain it was gone! I don't know how to express what a awesome feeling it is to be pain free. I did have a reoccurrence of some pain which lasted about 5 months. But as of today I am pain free. I owe this to Dr. Parekattil. With his skills and passion to help people like me, the world is a better place. He has a wonderful bedside manner. He took my calls several times prior to the surgery and took his time answering any questions that I had. Also, he was very willing to work with my doctor in California pre op and post op. All in all it was a fantastic experience. There is nothing better than living pain free.

|  Outstanding Doctor, Surgery Totallay Successful  |  show details
by R S on Nov 15th, 2010

Dr. Parekattil did a spermatic cord denervation and variocellectomy. Wonderful bedside manner, great followup, and the surgery ended thirty five years of chronic testicular/scrotal content pain that had gotten so bad sleep was getting impossible. The surgery is amazing, and the doctor wonderful. I couldn't be more pleased.

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
by JT on Nov 7th, 2010

My husband had spermatic cord denervation, due to extreme pain caused by a vasectomy he had two years ago. His surgery took place in Winter Haven under the amazing hands of Dr. Parekattil. He truly is unlike any Dr. I have ever met. So personable, so caring, and you can see that he is driven to help people who need it so desperately. May I also mention he is brilliant!!!

|  Scary  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2010

Husband suffers from chronic pain after vasectomy. In doing research on the internet, he was referred by another doctor on a vasectomy forum. I sent him an email and he later called us. All I can say is that we were slackjawed throughout the conversation. He barely let us get a word in and talked AT us - very high-level, technical explanation of nerve bundles, etc... There was no interest in my husband's previous history in regards to vasectomy, etc... No request for previous medical records, etc... Odd thing was that he tried to sell us a "combo" package at a private hospital for a few months down the road. Combo package would include limo service, Disney hotel, etc... We got off the phone in shock. My advice is to do your research and find a doctor based on peer recognition, etc...

|  Very helpful!  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2010

Very pleased thus far, very kind and caring. Listened to all of our concerns...very helpful. He's extremely dedicated and always returns calls and emails. I would recommend him for male infertility diagnosis and treatment, as well testicular pain treatment.

|  Great doc  |  show details