Dr. Silburn Thomas Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Silburn Thomas?

horrible receptionist

Posted on October 3rd, 2017

My mother had an app. with Dr. Thomas & was turned away by the receptionist (his wife) b/c she had an unpaid copay of $15 in march. The receptionist took my mother's co-pay of $15 for the current visit & stated my mother would not be seeing the doctor today unless she paid her co pay from march.My mother was never notified of the missed co pay. My mother stated that she did not have the money right now & the receptionist told her that she just gave her change, so she should use that,embarrassing my mother in front of other patients. The staff is rude and the doctor acts oblivious. Most of their patients are elderly and they take advantage of them. This office is outdated, the receptionist doesnt even use the computer. still paper charts and no modern equipment.

He's the Worst and His Wife should be Fired

Posted on July 26th, 2017

Him and His WIFE are the WORST. His WIFE is very RUDE and won't answer the Phone even when we were calling from the Hospital with a Doctor to get in touch with him. He misdiagnosed my Mom for a year...Had her going to physical therapy for the pain in Her hip and leg. A year goes by and My Mom decided to go to another Doctor because the pain was not going away. Come to find out, the pain came from tumors in her bones. The New Doctor rushed her to Surgery from his office as soon as he saw results of MRI. Now she is fighting CANCER after suffering for a YEAR under Dr. Thomas' care. If you're looking for a Doctor in Mount Vernon or are currently going to see him, find someone else because he is not on point and risked my Mom's Life. My Mom is the nicest person you wanna meet and his Wife treated her so terribly. He needs to retired before Lawyers make him retire. He won't be in business much longer, trust me. ###k Dr. Thomas

Poor Customer Service

Posted on August 30th, 2016

Dr. Thomas is a great physician. I was referred to this clinic a few years ago by my then boyfriend and mother (now husband and mother in law) and was happy with the care I received. However, too bad the customer service is horrible at this office. His wife/receptionist is very rude. I called to schedule an appointment for an updated physical because I hadn't had one in years and was told I no longer could be serviced because of uncertainty about me being seen some place else. Her concern was if I had a recent physical someplace else for the year they would not get paid. After repeatedly telling this woman I haven't had a physical any place else and the last time I had a physical was at this office, she continued to question me as if I was a liar. To make matters worse, she insulted me by insinuating that my visit to my GYN for prenatal care is considered a physical and insurances will not pay for a regular physical with a PCP. Instead of her verifying with my insurance company as opposed to making up her own rules, she continued to be discourteous and belligerent. I’m definitely looking into another primary care doctor who places more emphasis on quality over quantity. I have a few family members who are seen at this clinic. I will be sure to let them know as well.

Concerned

Posted on August 25th, 2014

My wife and I have been patients of Dr Thomas for over 20 years he is everything to like about your Dr but his secretary is not receptive, very rude, turns me off. We are in the process of finding another PCP. Surely there will come a day when all his patients will walk away unless he cleans house.

RN

Posted on June 14th, 2014

Dr. Thomas is a very well manner person, on the other hand his staff ( his wife) is very rude , She need to realize that its a place of business and we the patient should be treated with respect, She is not in a position to decide when or if Dr. Thomas can call back a patient. Maybe he should consider leaving the wife at home and get a real professor staff member to run the office.

Kidney Transplant Coordinator

Posted on February 19th, 2014

I called his office to speak with the Doctor regarding one of his patients being evaluated at our hospital for a Kidney Transplant. His receptionist was EXCEPTIONALLY rude and would not help out by faxing over this patients documents. When I asked to speak with Dr. Thomas or leave him a message she told me she would not let me do that and then she hung up on me. This is a disgrace to the patient! I was told by the patient that his secretary was this way and by reading these reviews I can see other people have had this problem. What a shame that one medical professional cannot talk to another medical professional. Unbelievable!

Extremely disappointed

Posted on January 8th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Thomas for about 10 years, I'm find him to be a kind and gentle doctor who is genuinely concerned about your health. On the other hand his secretary; his wife, is extremely rude and arrogant . She belittles patients and doesn't seem to possess the capacity to speak appropriately to them. I called to make an appointment; she then asked me why do I want to see the doctor. I told her that I think I may have the flu. She then stated that I couldn't come in because I would contaminate the office. Then said "if you took a flu shot, you wouldn't be in this position... the phone is ringing", then hung up on me. It is a shame that Dr. Thomas has her as a secretary, he is a nice man and a great doctor. It is unfortunate that his wife will eventually chase all his patients away.

Couldn't even get an appointment

Posted on May 3rd, 2013

I called today to schedule an appointment for my father-in-law and the receptionist was rude and would not let me schedule an appointment saying my father-in-law was too sick to see a doctor. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she refused and hung up the phone on me. I was shocked at the behavior of Dr. Thomas's staff. I had heard he was a good doctor. I'm very disappointed to see that behavior is allowed in his office.

Posted on September 14th, 2012

his office staff is extremely rude

Ms Joanne Webb

Posted on November 4th, 2011

I find Dr. Thomas to be a kind and understanding Doctor, he is easy to communicate with,The time spent with me was very good for the condition the I had.

Posted on July 28th, 2010

I have been a patient of dr thomas for over 6 years. He is a great doctor. Many of family members are also pateints of his and they also adore him. The office staff is friendly and helpful. The wait can be a bit long but thats because he is a popular doc in this town. I highly recommend him.

Posted on February 2nd, 2010

I called to make an appointment with your office. I am a patient that had not been there for a while but your assistant is a nasty and vile person. She needs to learn to be courteous to your patients .