Dr. Silpa Reddy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

June 27th, 2016
Very comforting in the discussion of my diagnosis. She provided technical details and set expectations for the future. I am very confident in her abilities to provide treatment and support.

December 2nd, 2014
Very Disappointed
I was told that Dr. Reddy is an outstanding hematologist by three of my other doctors. After my appointment with Dr. Reddy, I am questioning their judgement. Initially, it was very difficult to reach someone to schedule an appointment. Her assistant, Linda, never returned phone calls. The person answering the phone at the front desk, frequently managed to disconnect the phone calls when transferring me to Linda. They never apologized when I would call back. The check in process is a nightmare and very disorganized. Dr. Reddy's PA was very nice and took all of my information. Once the infamous Dr. Reddy entered the exam room, she spent at most 2 minutes talking with me. She seemed disinterested and dismissed most of my questions. She had them schedule me for a return visit but there is no way I will ever set foot in that office again. I would hate to have a serious illness and have to deal with this doctor for my care.

August 25th, 2013
Uninterested Dr. but nice staff
The best advise I could give anyone about Dr. Reddy is stay clear of her. She seemed completely uninterested and eager to get me out of the office. She down played all my symptoms and assumed what the problem was before doing any tests. The office staff was generally pleasant. Maybe a different physician within the practice would be better. I should have listened to a couple of the reviews I read prior to going. She seemed not all there.

November 1st, 2012
All there?
I don't think the the issue is that Dr. Reddy doesn't care and I don't think the issue is that she is not knowledgeable. But, lately, it just seems as if she just isn't all there. I don't know if there's something personal going on - maybe a lot on the mind - but as a long term patient, this isn't the same doctor that I met many years ago and it's rather disappointing.

July 12th, 2012
I have been diagnosed with Primary Essential Thrombocythemia and I have fullconfidence in Dr Reddy as my physician.I have always found Dr Reddy and her entire staff to be both kind and patient with everyone. I would, highly, refer DR Reddy to anyone.

May 14th, 2012
Good Doctor Bad/Worst Staff
We have been visiting the Doctor and the facility for more than one year now.She treats her patients great. But there is always a disconnect between her and her patients. Followup is not good at all.The only issue we had and are having to deal with her assistant Linda(Specifically)as every patient must go through her.As being in Health Care industry she must get some training on how to deal with patients.She is always mean to the patients and doesn't understand the meaning of being nice.Hopefully not all but some people will agree.

August 17th, 2010
Disappointed patient
Dr Silpa Reddy is usually prompt and courteous. However, she rarely reviews my charts before seeing me. She has referred me to various other specialists but does not bother to review their findings. She would briefly look at the latest tests when I come in and recommend I go to another specialist to do the exact same thing the previous specialist already did. When informed of this, she would briefly look at the records, ask me who she sent me to, and suggest something else.I have no confidence in her diagnosis or recommendations whatsoever. I feel like she does not take the time to properly understand my illness so she could make the proper recommendations. I would not recommend her to a friend.

August 6th, 2010
still waiting
I was to have a biopsy of a mass in my right shoulder, but the Radiologist didn't know what Dr. Reddy wanted out and tried to get in touch with her. She did not bother to call him back and I was sent home. I have yet to hear from Dr. Reddy about my PET scan or why my biopsy was postponed. I am a Lymphoma survivor and this is VERY upsetting to me. I will never see her again, nor will I pay one cent to her.

November 16th, 2009
Vague & elusive with answers to questions, seems aloof & unconcerned about side effects & quality of life issues...like she just doesn't care. Seems reluctant to really help me understand my condition...I have to resort to the internet to get info. & understanding of my cancer, treatments, meds., etc. She does seem to be using the "latest/greatest" treatments (based on my own research,not from her explaining anything). From one visit to the next, she does not seem to remember specifics about me or my case, things we have discussed, or meds. she has prescribed. It honestly feels like someone else actually handles my case & she is simply a go between. I leave her office with more questions than I came in with, feeling bewildered, feeling my questions & concerns have been brushed aside, & wishing I had the option of finding another doctor.

May 18th, 2009
Worst Oncologist and Worst Office Staff
Dr. Reddy during each of my visits never spent more than 5 minutes with me even though I usually had at least a 20-30 minute wait on her. You could never get a straight answer out of her about your condition. Even if you have terminal cancer, she prefers not to call it that and says you never know. I don't need "pie in the sky" from my oncologist -- I just need the truth. I had to go to the internet to find out the truth about my particular kind of cancer - the truth she would not tell me. Her office staff is rude and since she is too busy to spend more than a few minutes with someone who has just gone through Stage IV cancer and chemotheray and survived, then she is just too busy for me. An oncologist and her or his staff should be the most caring and throughful staff and doctor in the business because they are dealing with cancer patients. Unfortunately, this is not Dr. Reddy's business practice.