Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Silvat Sheikh-Fayyaz
Dr. Silvat Sheikh-Fayyaz, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Pathology. Dr. Sheikh-Fayyaz is affiliated with Cohen's Children's Medical Center, North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Silvat Sheikh-Fayyaz has the following 2 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability...
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies...