Dr. Silvia Mckevitt MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Renton, WA

4.8

February 4th, 2017
Upper Blepharoplasty
Dr. McKevitt has great skill and provided excellent results. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her.

July 22nd, 2016
I am very happy with the results of the eyelid surgery that Dr McKevitt performed in six weeks ago. The entire process from my initial consultation to post surgery follow-up was a very good experience. I have also had numerous compliments from people that I work with about the final results of the surgery. The entire office staff was also very professional to work with. I would highly recommend Dr Mckevitt to anyone who is considering eye surgery for sure.

April 26th, 2016
Happy patient
After my operation to remove cancer from my lower lid of my left eye, I went to see Dr. Silvia McKevitt. With her magical finger tips, Dr. McKevitt restored the tissue surrounding my eye to its original appearance much to my delight. Her professional performance along with her compassion I found so helpful. Little did I realize the whole procedure included keeping me so comfortable. I would never hesitate to be once more a patient of Dr. McKevitt if I ever need help. She was wonderful!

December 13th, 2015
Skin Cancer Reconstructive Surgery
Great reconstruction after skin cancer removal on eyelids. Response to post surgery questions and concerns was great!

December 3rd, 2015
Patient
Completely satisfied with her in all aspects. Highly recommend her and her staff.

June 5th, 2014
All Healed
Dr. Mckevitt was recommended to me by my primary care physician. As a surgeon Dr. Mckevitt is excellent for the upper eyelid lift that I received, both left and right. The surgery was 4 months ago and I am healing very well. It takes months for the surgical line to smooth itself out but it is barely visible at this stage. Dr.Mckevitt and staff could put a friendlier face on the business, setting people at ease early in the process. They may be great at their jobs but its important to be a people person when in contact with the public.

November 11th, 2013
urgery
Recently I had Mohs surgery on my lower eyelid to remove a basal cell carcinoma and needed a second surgeon to close the wound. I was very fortunate in choosing Dr. McKevitt to be that surgeon. Her calm and knowledgeable demeanor was most reassuring. She not only saved the tear drain, but her skillful hands placed the stitches with such precision that I have a barely noticeable scar, and most people don't realize that anything had been done. I highly recommend Dr. McKevitt, she is trustworthy and an excellent physician.

August 9th, 2012
She was very personable and was did a great job with my eyes.

July 11th, 2012
Best doctor!
Dr. McKevitt did a procedure on my eyelid and I was amazed at how smoothly and quick the procedure was. The incision site was pretty much flawless like nothing happened and I was amazed at the ease of the procedure. She must be really meticulous with her hands because there is no scar or anything on my lid. Her explanation of everything, her professionalism, her kindness, her knowledge and easy going nature make her such an outstanding doctor that I wish all my other doctors were like her.

June 2nd, 2010
From my first visit to the office (except for long waits) to surgery and follow up, I felt cared for and about by interested and caring people. There are some details that could use adjustment (being called 'honey' and 'sweetie' by surgery staff doesn't sit well with me, for example), but those details are things that come along with depth of experience as a team and in individual roles. As for my surgery, I'm not as pleased with the outcome as I expected. Some of it's great, but I was told the area I don't like would turn out better than it did, and now I feel stuck with less-than and not happy with what I see in the mirror. Who's to say, however, that it would have been better done elsewhere.... What do people do when their plastic surgery, including medical necessity, isn't satisfying?

May 26th, 2010
My experience
Yes I would recommend Dr. McKevitt to a friend or family person, but with some cautions. I had eye surgery and it went rather well except that it appeared the office staff did not submit the information to my insurance far enough in advance to get an authorization pre-op. I had to go in to surgery with the faith (and stress) that it would be covered and it was. I like Dr. McKevitt, she seems professional and knowledgable and I agreed to surgery without doing any of my usual background checks, etc. After surgery I was subscribed some medication which was not given good instructions again by her staff whereas the pharmacist gave me the wrong instructions. I found out at my one week check up the correct way to use the medication. So the experience was not perfect and mainly I believe issues with her staff, not with Dr. McKevitt herself. I am still healing from my surgery and am curious how it will be when completely healed. So far, I am encouraged with the results. Its just the scarring I am a bit concerned about.