Dr. Sima Fartash MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 6th, 2016
She is direct with how she speaks with you. Does not want to handle the simple things, but is quick to send you to a referred specialist. Does not follow up with you, and it is hard to get through the phone lines to be able to follow up on your own.

December 21st, 2015
Fantastic doctor but the wait time can be lengthy.

December 21st, 2014
Had high hopes, but very disappointed
This was my first visit with Dr. Fartash, and it left me very upset. First of all, the wait time was about an hour, although the ratings selection on this page won't allow me to make a selection. The staff that I dealt with personally were very courteous and friendly, especially the young man who took me to the exam room and took my vitals. However, when Dr. Fartash entered the room I noticed a very distinct and immediate attitude problem which seemed to be directed toward me personally. I tried to provide background information but she didn't want to listen and even stated that she didn't have time for that right now. She asked questions that she already knew the answers to just to have the opportunity to chastise me for my answers. For example....("Do you smoke?" "Yes, but I would like to quit." "I know because I can smell it." "Then why did you ask?" No answer.) ("Are you new to the area?" She had my written medical background. "No, I've been in this area since I was a teenager, about 40 years." "Then why are you looking for a new doctor?" "Because when I spoke to my previous doctor about finding an alternative to the extremely expensive insulin that she had prescribed, she told me to 'just put it on a credit card and don't worry about it', so I never went back." "So you're not a compliant patient." "Actually, I'm a very compliant patient, but when a doctor tells me to put meds that I can't afford on a credit card and not worry about it, I have a problem with that.") Every single thing she said to me was either very rude or very condescending, as though I wasn't worthy of her time. She told me to have lab work done and then to come back in one week to discuss the results, at which time she would prescribe meds. In the end, she did finally take the copies of my previous lab results that I offered and had someone scan them into their system (they made it clear that they don't want paper in the office), but then she went to one staff member and spent several minutes whispering to her, and that staff member glared at me the entire time I was waiting to check out, as though she had been told something vile. The next morning, I returned to the office to have blood drawn and the lab tech was very nice. Before leaving, I quietly spoke to one of the girls at the front desk and told her about my experience the day before. I asked if that was just the way Dr. Fartash was, or if she thought she had a problem with me specifically. The answer was that she was usually very sweet, so I could only assume that she simply didn't like me for some reason. She said that maybe she was just having a bad day or that it was because of the patient before me (which is no excuse, in my opinion) but offered to switch me to a different doctor. I told her that I didn't want to offend anyone, so we agreed that I would see her again and, if the problem continued, then I would switch. The next afternoon, I got a call from someone in the office who said that the doctor had received my lab results and that she was going to go ahead and prescribe one med and that I needed to come to the office to pick up samples of another. She said that she would call me back to let me know when the first prescription had been sent to my pharmacy and when to come to the office to pick up the other. Since it was late in the day and the next day was Friday, I knew that it would have to happen that day because my next appointment was on Tuesday and it would be a waste of time if they waited until Monday. So I rearranged my schedule for Friday and waited for her call. Friday morning, the same girl called and said that Dr. Fartash had decided to wait until my next appointment on Tuesday, so I had rearranged my schedule for nothing. That was very annoying, as I felt that they should not have contacted me until a final decision was made. After that added stress, I now wish that I had agreed to switch to another doctor immediately, but I'm stuck seeing her at least one more time. All in all, I have a feeling that I will yet again be searching for a new practice in the very near future. It remains to be seen whether or not she is a decent doctor but, at this point, her personality and demeanor leave a lot to be desired.

August 10th, 2014
I saw Dr. Fartash as a new patient. I wish there would have been more reviews about her but I couldn't find much. It took forever for her to see me and when she finally did she was focused more on the computer then on me. Every question I asked was just answered very quickly as if she was trying to hurry up and finish. She did not really seem Interested in what I was saying as a new patient I feel like they should try to get to know you a little more. She wasn't the most pleasant person either she was kind of rude a little on the mean side. I wouldn't recommend her. I will not be seeing her again.

October 6th, 2011
Dr. Fartash is an exceptional Family Physician. I myself am a Family Physician and trust her completely. I appreciate her beside manner,the sincere,compassionate and high quality medical care she provides to me and my family. Dr. Fartash is in my opinion,truly one of the finest physicians I have ever known. We feel fortunate to have her as our primary care physician.

September 29th, 2010
Dr. Fastash cares about you, spends time with you. I've always felt comfortable with her, never felt like I was being rushed. Bottom line, she really cares, and I highly recommend her as a GREAT doctor.