Dr. Simon Fishman MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 35 reviews

June 7th, 2016
Excellent experience.
Dr Fishman's office runs efficiently and effectively. The office staff is friendly and I like that they collect the copay when I check in. (Saves time at the conclusion of the appointment.) Consistently, I don't have to wait. Dr Fishman engages in problem solving with me, the patient. My treatment options are discussed and mutually agreed on. This office is and the doctor are worthy of 5 stars.

May 6th, 2016
Not at all satisfied
Someone saw me prior to Dr. Fishman seeing me, I'm assuming his physician assistant: who I found to be pleasant and thorough and spent a decent amount of time with me. Then later, Dr. Fishman entered the picture with the PA and spent just a few minutes with me, constantly looked at my shoes and everywhere else, rather than give me appropriate eye contact, and could not provide me with a specific diagnosis or cause for my chronic head pain. He prescribed an anti-seizure medication which I later discovered (online and in my Med pamphlet) causes horrible side effects including psychological ones such as depression and I already suffer from depression and such and just completed some extensive TMS treatment for it. I don't know if this was a good judgment call. When I asked him if I should get an MRI, he stated "if it'll help you sleep better at night." I found this answer to be cynical and as if he didn't find my condition to be noteworthy or worthy of requiring much care or concern. His PA, however, had previously stated that I should get an MRI to be safe because I've had another neurological diagnosis from previous MRIs (with other doctors) and it had been a few years since I had my last one done. As for my question about the causes of my condition, he said it could be a number of things and couldn't even narrow it down to the most likely reasons. For all of the above reasons, I am quite dissatisfied with my experience with Dr. Fishman: he didn't care and didn't provide much insight or anything helpful really. And I felt belittled and disrespected because of his lack of eye contact and for basically looking me up and down and fixating on my shoes instead.

February 10th, 2016
Really like that Dr. Fishman explains what transpires during neurological testing. Very caring with an excellent bedside manner despite the long wait on the day I was there.

September 16th, 2015
Dr. Fishman is absolutely amazing. He's treated my chronic migraine for about a year and a half and put me on a treatment plan specialized for me. He takes the time to explain everything to me in terms I can understand and truly cares. I am so lucky to have found him.

September 16th, 2015
Wonder doctor.
Dr. Fishman has very good bed side manners. He was very professional during my visit. He explained everything to me where, I could understand everything. He is very passionate about what he does. He answered all my questions, regarding my health issues. His Lorton, staff was WONDERFUL to me.

September 2nd, 2015
Won't Go Back
I also was seen my the Nurse Practitioner with no effort made to determine the cause of my problems. I was told to get off all pain medicine and caffeine for two weeks and was sent home with an antipsychotic medication that is used off label for migraines which I will not take due to the horrible side effects. I felt like no effort at all was put into a diagnosis for me, just call it rebound headaches and send me home to deal with it. I think I'll try to find someone new and be seen by an actual doctor.

August 13th, 2015
This Dr. is the best. Would highly recommend him and have done so many times. He helped me with a problem when other Drs. didn't have a clue. Thanks Dr. Fishman, your awesome.

July 13th, 2015
Great doctor and staff
I went to Dr. Fishman several years ago as a second opinion to another neurologist. He saw that there was something wrong with me and ordered MRIs. I was devastated with those results. He is always willing to discuss or to answer questions. He is a very caring doctor.

May 7th, 2015
Just saw the Dr. today so, I don't know about accuracy of diagnosis or follow up but, great experience so far.

April 28th, 2015
Great Doctor. He gets to know his patient at a personal level, not just as a client level.

April 16th, 2015
I was evaluated by the practice's nurse practitioner. Unfortunately because of having a history of psychiatric problems i felt discriminated against as far as an accurate diagnosis of my condition being made. I was handed a prescription for pain and recommended to follow up in six weeks. No attempt at even figuring out what may be the cause of pain. This is poor practice in my opinion. I will not see this provider again.

May 16th, 2014
Horrible doctor
the font desk was nice. obviously overworked and understaffed. this doctor is arrogant and condescending. it took him 45 minutes for him to see me and then spent about 10 minutes with me and left in the middle of me asking question. i will never go back there.