Dr. Simon Yoo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Simon Yoo?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 25th, 2016

Easy 2 talk with

I had a heart transplant 7 years ago so have had lots of experience with the medical profession. Dr Woo is a breath of fresh air in a sterile environment. He is easy to speak with, resonsponsive & a pleasure to deal with. He is very highly rated for good reason. My only complaint is how hard it is to get an appointment w him but that's because he is SO good. For people "up north" he has Monday office hours in Glenview. You will not regret having him as your dermatologist; he's great!!

September 17th, 2016

Professor

Outstanding doctor. Dr. Yoo did my Mohn's surgery right under my eye and I was more than pleased with the results. .He was Patient, kind and explained what he was doing. It took 6 weeks until the borders were clear. I was a nervous wreck but each week Dr. Yoo put me at ease and tried to calm my anxiety. I highly recommend Dr Yoo for Mohn's surgery. Dr. Yoo is an excellent doctor.

June 30th, 2016

Absolutely gifte surgeon, twice he's operated on me and has done and outstanding job with very delicate operations. Thank you Dr. Yoo

May 16th, 2015

Bedside manner is non-existent -- and proves that common courtesy isn't so common. You're just another thing on the assembly line.

November 19th, 2013

Very Pleased

I had to take my son in for a procedure on his finger. He's 14 and was clearly nervous - Dr. Yoo's bedside manner was very calming to the pioint where he was joking with my son during the procedure to get his mind off of it. I was very impressed with everything - promptness, professionalism, explanation of procedure and follow up. I live about an hour south of NU and I will be going back to see Dr Yoo and would recommend him to anyone.

April 9th, 2012

bad

March 28th, 2012

I had a Horrible Skin Condition on my Face

I dont know what I would do without Dr Yoo and his team. I had a Horrible Skin condition(Big Red Bumps and little scabbies YIKES!!!) on my face it was because I am Imunnosuppressed due to having 2 kidney transplants. My Sons Wedding was just months away and I was a nervous wreck wondering how I was going to look on the day of my Son's Wedding.. Dr Yoo took care of it and If I could attach a before and after picture you would be amazed.. I am so happy he is my Dr. and you will be too!

July 27th, 2011

I have received very poor service from Northwestern Dermatology, in general, and this review concerns Dr. Yoo's staff. Although Dr. Yoo seems competent and knowledgeable, dealing with his staff and Northwestern's administration has been so unpleasant, that I would not recommend him to others. 1) I scheduled an ultrasound at Dr. Yoo's request because I was seeking treatment for varicose veins/broken capillaries. When I showed up to the ultrasound appointment, the technichian did not know what to do because the resident/nurse had not entered the correct code or provided enough information regarding the specific ultrasound needed. I had to wait while the technichian tried to sort it out by calling Dr. Yoo's office. 2) At the end of my ultrasound appointment I was told that someone from the Dr. Yoo's office would contact me regarding the result of the ultrasound test. I did not hear back or receive any information for over 3-4 months. After 3-4 months of not hearing anything, I started called the dermatology department to follow up. I called multiple times and left several messages but I was never able to speak with a nurse or doctor. (Numerous times I was told that the entire dermatology department takes 2 hour lunch breaks, that no one is available before 10 or after 4 pm, that I could leave a number and someone would call me back but I ended up playing phone tag.) After calling back and leaving multiple messages over 4 weeks, I was able to talk to a nurse or resident. However, the call was useless. The resident or nurse did inform me that the ultrasound revealed a clot and that dermatology could not do anything further but that I should get an appointment with a vascular surgeon. However, she wasn't able to provide a copy of my ultrasound result to me, she didn't have the test in front of her when she called and therefore was unable to provide any detailed information. Instead, she suggested that I request a copy from medical records. I decided I had enough of Northwestern and got an appointment at Rush. The appointment was 2 months out, which should have been plenty of time to get the test results sent to the Doctor. 3) I sent a fax request to Northwestern's medical records deparment requesting that my ultrasound test be sent to Rush University Hospital. I received confirmation by phone and fax that Northwestern received my request and would work on it. I indicated that I needed the test results in advance of an appointment with a vascular surgeon at Rush. 4) On the day of my Rush appointment, I learned that Northwestern did not send the test results to Rush. 5) I called Northwestern's billing records department and was told that they denied the request because a date of service was not provided on the request form. I informed the medical record representative that I had confirmed when I faxed in my request and spoke with someone that there was only one ultrasound in my file. I pointed out that my request specified the year but I did not know the month/date because the nurse/resident who called me was unable to give me that information. I also pointed out that no one from Northwestern medical records department contacted me to inform me that the request was denied or that more information was needed even though I had sent my request almost two months before my Rush appointment date. After I pushed, the medical records representative who claimed that the request was denied because of insuffient information was able to find the ultrasound test in about 5 minutes. I did not provide any additional information other than what was provided in my initial request form.I have now spent a significant amount of time traveling to the Rush appoinment, paid a $40 co-pay, and spent time with Northwestern nurses/records personnel and I still don't have the test results.

May 5th, 2011

I was very disappointed with my visit to Dr. Yoo. He came highly recommended by a friend and being new to Chicago I scheduled an appointment and was looking forward to meeting him. There were two people that made the visit bearable, the lady who checked me in and his dermatology resident. His nurse was very rude, she could barely utter a greeting when she came to get me in the waiting area and impressively managed not to make eye contact once even when speaking directly with me. When Dr. Yoo walked in the room he promptly stood by a bench approx. 5 feet from the chair I was sitting in for the entire 5 minutes he devoted to the visit. He asked me what my problem was, when I told him I had melasma he informed me that if Id been in a cave my whole life I would not have this problem. Now, Im an educated person, in fact my undergrad is in chemistry, I am perfectly aware that melasma is caused by a combination of hormones and sun exposure. I obviously came to get his help not to be treated condescendingly. I was not looking for hand holding from the doctor but maybe just a slight interest in my concerns would have been appreciated. Hopefully it was my bad luck and he was not having a good day but regardless his bedside manner was very poor. Needless to say, I will not be a returning patient; however, I will make sure my $100 consultation fee goes toward good use and schedule a treatment by someone other than his staff.

March 22nd, 2011

Dr. Yoo and staff were very professional, yet caring. He seems to be quite knowledgeable and the staff gave great followup instructions.

January 29th, 2011

Love Northwestern Love Dr. Simon Yoo

We have been Doctoring with Dr. Yoo for 5 years...He and his staff are not only professional, and kind, they are caring and all have a wonderful outlook. They have made us very comfortable and made to feel special at every visit!

September 18th, 2010

Top Physician from top hospital

I went to visit Dr. Yoo based his top credentials and the fact that he was affiliated with a top hospital. His staff was very professional and discreet. He was very knowledgeable and explained the recommended treatment. He was very confident in his approach and healed perfectly. Was very impressed with the results. I would strongly recommend him.