Dr. Simone Mckitty Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Simone Mckitty?

August 1st, 2012

Most Improved!

OK, I don't know what the deal was with the other people on here, but I found my experience at Capital Dermatology to be very pleasant (as far as trips to a dermatologist go).This was my first visit to the office, so I arrived early for my appointment. And since there was a last-minute cancellation, Dr. Glassman was able to see me ahead of schedule. I was in and out of there in no time!The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, and they made me feel very comfortable when dealing with my medical issue (which I will not go into here).I look forward to my follow-up appointment and will gladly recommend Capital Dermatology to anyone and everyone!

March 8th, 2012

Thank you Dr. McKitty

I visited CD about a month ago, because I had some minor problems with hyper pigmentation on my face. There was no doctor available to see me very early in the morning before I had to go to work, so I settled on seeing the offices physician assistant, which was a HUGE mistake. He didnt even look at my face. He just prescribed some very harsh and very expensive medication for my face and rushed me out of the office with a flippant attitude. There was a specific type of medication that I used in the past that worked for my skin. I told the PA about this medication, but he brushed it off and stated that the pharmaceutical companies just dont make it anymore.Well anyway, I started using the harsh medication and it burned my forehead and the area around my eyebrows. I had such a horrible skin reaction that I needed to go to the emergency room that weekend. The ER doctor discharged me and told me to go right back to Capital Dermatology that Monday. Thus, first thing Monday morning, I showed up and demanded to see a board certified doctor. Luckily, Dr. McKitty was there.She took the time to answer my questions and even listened to me cry. She was very caring and confidently prescribed the right medication to heal my burned face.Then about, a week later, I returned to her office and she spent about 15 minuted examining my face. I could see in her demeanor that she was in deep thought about what would best work for my skin. She then prescribed the medication that worked well for me in the past, to lighten up the scars and carefully wrote out a plan for how I should care for my skin. Apparently, the medication that the PA dismissed could still be made, it just had to be made by a medical arts pharmacy.Long story short, in just over a week, the burn scars have nearly disappeared and I have my skin back. I feel like myself again and can confidently look people in the eyes. I thank God for Dr. McKitty. She is a great doctor and knows what she is doing. I dont think I will see any dermatologist other than Dr. McKitty again.

August 17th, 2011

Excellent first time visit

This was my first visit Dr. was great with a condition I have. I have been to many dermatologists over many years This was my first time feeling a Dr listened to what I had to say and actually made me feel like I was part of her goal to help me with my skin condition. I feel if I had to wait hrs it would be worth it. I came from out of state and I finally felt I have A Dr who I was happy with .So the hundreds of miles I travel is well worth it!

December 10th, 2010

Not so great a doctor

I spent over an hour waiting to see Dr. McKitty and when I did see her she spent a total of ten minutes with me. When I asked questions she seemed put out by them and give me short snappy answers. She did take a biospy. However, the office left me a voice message to call them about my results. I called several times only to leave a message for them to return my call. If and when they called back they did not call the number I left on the message. They called my home instead of my work. So, I have been waiting for about a week to get my results.

December 9th, 2010

Wonderful doctor

I have seen Dr. McKitty many times over the past couple years and she really is a wonderful doctor. She is knowledgable, no nonsense, and is a caring person. Sometimes she has been curt and the visit quick, but that's because she has a lot of patients. I have seen a lot of Dermatologists over the years, and the busy ones are that way for a reason... Because they are good doctors.

November 25th, 2010

I've read some of the comments and I have to say my experience was different. Perhaps early morning appointments are more on time. I wasn't looking for a therapist - or a spa - so a lengthy discussion and handholding were not necessary. She did introduce herself and was a lot of fun to talk to. Have you been to an HMO lately? Now, THEY are impersonal.

August 31st, 2010

non caring

Non caring, poor bedside manner, doesnt spend time with patient

July 20th, 2010

Good Doctor

Dr. McKitty is a good Doctor and did a great job treating my adult acne. First time I've had smooth acne-free skin in a long time.I will say, my first visit was a little short and I didn't have questions ready so she was in and out. This left me feeling a little lost and like I needed a little more time; maybe a little education on adult acne or something would have made me feel better. I know I can Google it but a Doctor's expert opinion never hurts. Her office is very busy so you should come with questions in hand.I've been to her office about 3 times and she gets more personable each time, which is a plus. But I wouldn't say that she spends a lot of time, which really isn't needed. I would definitely recommend her.Overall her staff is competent and friendly. Except for one day, I called and the young lady I spoke to didn't sound like she knew what she was doing and had a slight condescending tone with very basic questions that weren't answered in the prompt when you call in. Maybe she was new and in training.

June 15th, 2010

Dr. McKitty was just fine

This was the third time in as many years I have seen Dr. McKitty. I found her diagnosis accurate and treatment appropriate. Very nice person to talk to. Busy office, but I was not made to felt rushed. I would see her again, for sure.

May 3rd, 2010

She's a dermatologist, not a therapist!

I think Dr. McKitty is an excellent clinican. She was thorough, considerate of my time, personable, and quick. I didn't want her to hold my hand or waste my time - and she didn't. She's very good at what she does. Other reviewers have critiqued her bedside manner, but I don't think their assessment was realistic or fair. Dr. McKitty is a DERMATOLOGIST, not a therapist.

April 21st, 2010

How dare I ask a question...

You are sitting on a table with a sheet covering your body, a doctor should introduce themselves to you upon meeting- especailly when they are about to look at their whole body. I felt SO uncomfortable!

October 27th, 2009

Irritated Beyond Belief!

I had my first appt. with Dr. McKitty today and I have to say I was extremely dissappointed. My appt. was at 11:00AM and since I was a new patient I showed up at 10:50AM to fill out paperwork. At 11:30AM I still had not been called so I went up myself and they were still 3 patients ahead of me that had not been checked in. by the time I went back to the exam room it was 11:55AM and then I spent another 20minutes waiting. It was not unitl I walked out of the exam room and threatened to take my papers and walk that Dr. McKitty finally came to the room. Her demeanor was curt and she "apologized" if I had to wait for a short time. Never going again.