Dr. Simona Scumpia Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Simona Scumpia?

July 19th, 2017

They are unreachable by phone and do not return messages.

I have tried repeatedly to make contact with Doctor Scumpia's office in regards to a prescription that expired and needed to be renewed. I needed my Dexcom. I was able to talk to a nurse after exhaustive calls and reaching only the voicemail machine. I was told that the prescription had in fact been faxed. I repeated this process 3 times each time assured they had faxed the prescription to Edge park. This was after countless calls and messages and to this day 1 month later the fax was not sent and no one has yet to return my call. I have an appointment now and will get them to fax the prescription while in the office but I will not be going back. It is time for a new Doctor. I am very unhappy with this office. I have been a faithful client and have seen Alexis every 3 months for years. I am done!

February 9th, 2017

Possible the worst Dr I've ever seen

Orders excessive and unnecessary tests. Curt and unpleasant demeanor--very dismissive with answers. Insists on brand name drug despite extra cost and long history with no problems taking generic alternative. Charges for things other offices do as a courtesy--such as medical records sharing with PCP. Don't waste your time or money--

February 9th, 2017

Excessive tests ordered, insists on brand name despite several yrs on generic with no issues, demeanor is curt and unpleasant

January 23rd, 2017

Nobody cares

October 22nd, 2016

Dr. Scumpia does an excellent job and I appreciate her honesty and straight forward manner. She provides the thorough and comprehensive care that I searched for many years to find. I have had no problems whatsoever with appointments, wait times, billing, or interactions. I have a budget for medical expenses and have been provided with any charges for procedures prior to having them. Honestly, I've found Dr. Scumpia and her staff to be very professional and friendly.

July 27th, 2016

Not a happy camper.

I thought Dr. Scumpia's evaluation was cursory and dismissive. I have been trying to find someone who would treat my thyroid and metabolism issues seriously, and was told she was the one. I didn't feel that way. She brushed off a couple of my questions until I was quite confrontational, and then was dismissive with another. I'm looking for another doctor, which is why I am on the site. In addition, she said she was changing a prescription, and it took 2 follow-up calls to her office to get the prescription actually sent to the pharmacy. As to accuracy of diagnosis, how would I know. That's why I went to her. I know that I didn't feel she spent time with me and so I'm not confident of her evaluation of my testing and records. She did one test that showed it took 1000 calories more a day than I eat to maintain my body weight. I asked her why I'm not losing weight when I'm clearly on a reducing diet compared to her testing, and she told me that if she knew that she'd be rich and not practicing any more.

February 25th, 2016

Don't go.

My rating is actually zero stars. I wish I would have read the reviews before I went. Wait time was over an hour for both of my appointments. I cancelled my third appointment 4 days in advance for which I was charged $25. When I called to ask that the cancellation charge be removed, I was VERY RUDELY refused by the billing person. Shoddy business. Don't go there. Oh... and NONE of her recommendations helped!

October 9th, 2015

I've only seen Dr. Scumpia twice, but so far I'm happy with the care I've received. I feel good knowing she specializes in thyroid conditions.

May 20th, 2015

The best endocrynologist in Austin

I've been a type 1 diabetic for 26 years. Dr. Scumpia's been my doctor for 20. She is smart, insightful and dedicated to her patients. She is the only doctor I've met who believes the patient knows his/her body better than any doctor can. She listens to what you say. Her initial manner may appear a bit brusque, but she is a caring physician. I would recommend her to anyone with diabetes or thyroid disease.

February 26th, 2015

Possibly the worst doctor I've ever had to deal with. Incompetent, rude, lazy.

February 18th, 2015

TERRIBLE AND EXPENSIVE

This physician is one of the worst I've been to. I came in to have my thyroid levels checked and ONLY thyroid (I was diagnosed with Hashimotos 10 years ago). Dr. Scumpia checked me out for about 2 minutes before sending me to have my blood drawn. 2 weeks later, I'm back in her office with a 4 page long bloodwork test. Dr. Scumpia ran $1000 worth of additional bloodwork and did not tell me, and left me with a bill because my insurance didn't pay for all of the bloodwork. I cancelled my next appointment, never want to see her again!

February 4th, 2015

Dr Scumpia is a money making machine . She cares only for the money and nothing else . In one visit she charged my insurance almost 2000 dollars for the test i did not even needed. All the little procedures she wants to perform on patients are pertaining to Cardiologist but she is doing that in her office to make double and triple amount of money . She did not even touch me to see how i fee and i how I am doing and if I have any concerns . She was only worried about the weight and all the test she wanted in the office so she can bill the insurance for ridiculous amount of money . I am ready to complain about this so called doctor very soon.