Internists

Signature Medical Group
110 Liberty St
Brockton, MA 02301
508-894-0400
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Dismissive  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2013

Dr. Tesfe is a horrible doctor. He is dismissive, rude, doesn't seem to really care about quality of care.

|  Insensitive and Inattentive  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

I had recently decided to change primary care doctors because the office was too far from my home. I chose Dr Tesfe because I had previously been a patient with Signature Healthcare. I was able to schedule the appointment with ease which I found promising, however all enthusiasm abruptly ended upon entering the office. The nurse was impatient as I described the medications I am currently prescribed-unfortunately the list being quite extensive as I have struggled with a severe chronic illness for the last 25 years. Upon entering Dr. Tesfe was unfriendly. He asked only a handful of questions about my medical history which includes several major surgeries and being fed intravenously daily. Without any prompting or request on my part he immediately stated that he did not prescribe the pain medication I am taking and lectured me on the risks of addiction. He stated several times that he would not prescribe pain medication in high doses. He never asked me how I was currently feeling nor what course of action my specialists are pursuing which left me feeling as though he uninterested in how my illness was affecting my health and only interested in ensuring that I was not "drug-seeking." The visit ended with Dr. Tesfe informing me again about addiction, withdrawal, and overdose while reiterating again he would not prescribe pain medication in high doses (this was also repeated after I had informed him I saw a pain specialist.) We never discussed my other medications or how they were effecting, my nutrition status, or the specialists I see thus confirming my initial suspicion that the doctor had immediately assumed and pre-judged that I was interested only in pain medication and not actual healthcare. Having had a lot of experience with doctors and chronic pain I am accustomed to and understand doctors needing to be concerned with the medications I have to take, but I found Dr. Tesfe's manner in approaching the subject incredibly insensitive, rude and riff with judgment. I went to this appointment hopeful I would be able add Dr.Tesfe to the team of medical professionals I depend on to assist me in dealing with this illness. I left the office upset, angry and frustrated therefore I would not recommend Dr. Tesfe.

|  show details
by Colleen LaFarge on Apr 12th, 2010

Dr. Tesfe is extremely thorough and follows up personally. His persistence probably saved my life. I have never had such an attentive and knowledgeable physcian.

|  Finally!  |  show details
by Barbara on Oct 27th, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised not only with the doctor but the facility really moved the patients so that I never felt rushed however everyone got to their appointment on time.