Gastroenterologist
14241 41st Ave
Ste P10
Flushing, NY 11355
718-886-6292
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  ulceras  |  show details
by candida montalvo on Aug 27th, 2014

doctor sing chan is my doctor for year and i can say he is the bes gastroenterolo and family doctor too he is very good like a doctor and very good whit h pasion es el mejor doctor que habia conocido me atendio a mi familia y no dejare de tenerlo com mi medico jamas y se lo refiero a cualquiera dios te bendiga doctor chan

|  The Best Doctor to go to  |  show details
by Theresa A. on Jun 28th, 2014

Sing Chan MD FACG IS THE BEST DOCTOR I've ever had. I have been his patient for many years and he is kind and always spends quality time with his patients, He is smart and keeps up with the latest medical techniques and care. He is thorough, patient and always looks out for your best interest. He literally saved my Aunt's life. He has the best bedside manner. He also has a great staff. They are considerate when drawing your blood..All my family goes to him and they feel the same way. I highly recommend that you see him. You will not be disappointed.

|  receptionist so unprofessional  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2014

i was in that office couple days before. the woman her name is Joanne who work in the front. her attitude so bad and she so mean,

by Randieschneiderman on Dec 5th, 2013

Ibeengoing to dr sing chan for years he is a great doctor I would recomentthis doctor to anybodyiratehima a

|  Horrible dr/dirty practice/unprofessional  |  show details
by Lee on Dec 5th, 2013

This is the worse doctor ever. Money hu grey practice, that overbooks patients. The office is so dirty and the wait time is aweful! You wait over 2 hrs for procedure and over an hour for an office visit. Please do not believe the review written by Anon! It was probably written by his own staff because he fears he will lose business!! First of all, this dr has bad diagonsis, all he cares about when you go to see him is recommending you need a procedure because those procedures make more money than seeing him and just giving medications and coming back to follow up. Here is what Anon wrote: 1. " He takes time out to ensure everything is going well with me, and i can always reach him whenever necessary." This is not true about 90% of the time I call asking to speak to dr chan or have him call me, the PA does! So this is not true do not get fooled by this! 2. "To those few that have issues with the wait time you proved yourself wrong. If there is less of a wait time it only shows the doctor is either new to the field or has bad credentials, the wait at a doctor only proves their credibility. The number of patients creating this wait time solidly shows Dr Chan's reputation." This is true only to some extent, when going to a doctor visit, yes, of course do expect wait time, but not over 1-2 hrs. All this dr cares about is filling his whole schedule and billing insurance and making money. He does not care about the well being of the patients. Experience has nothing to do with wait time! Experience has to do with a busy doctor that is hard to get an appointment with not when you call for an appointment and you can be seen say you call unless an emergency. This tells you he is not a really good doctor and he only cares about money. 3. "Oh by the way, to those that read these reviews in the near future. Do pay attention to the grammar within the poor reviews of this physician. Anyone who actually reads the reviews will see its made by either the same person or the same group of people. " so Anon, what you are saying is that people who don't write good English with proper grammar, can't submit a truthful comment what they think of this doctor? GET OUT OF HERE! 4. "Friendly environment" this is so not true!! That Joanne in the front desk is the worst secretary I have ever met! Very unprofessional! She will give an attitude to patients- extremely disrespectful. And by the by the way did I mention she has the worst English ever, if you need someone to explain something ask for someone else! You can barely I stand her. The only secretary that is nice and patient with patients there is Shirley. Always ask for her if you still want to go see this doctor. And the last thing I want to point out is that every time some patient posts a negative experience with this doctor there seems to be tons of good comments that come after. The office probably pretends to be patients and posts excellent ratings on here to boost this dr rating up, back to 3.5-4. In the real world just need to learn from the negatives and change! The office might even delete this post because it's not a positive rating and comment. I had the worst experience ever and I will never come back. The factors are too too long of a wait time because I am not seen on a timely matter, no one in the front desk keeps you posted on why is the such a delay, or even apologize for the delay, second is that this office is too dirty, and the rooms are not clean, and third was this office is an insurance scam! I am warning you to find a better doctor to take of you And really cares because this doctor does not care at all.

|  The Best...  |  show details
by Rodney Johnson, Sr. on Dec 4th, 2013

I've been seeing Dr.Chan for over 8 yrs and he knows his stuff as well as the best Bedside Manner I've ever seen. I was recommended by another good Doctor, Dr. Zhu, My PCP.....

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
by Candy P on Aug 29th, 2013

Dr. Chan is the friendliest, most knowledgeable doctor I've ever been treated by. I've been seeing him for treatment for over 10 years and he continues to impress me every time. You're in great hands with Dr. Chan!

by Randieschneiderman on Aug 29th, 2013

Excellentdoctor

|  I love my doctor!  |  show details
by Nikki on Aug 28th, 2013

I have been his patient about 4 years. He always greets me with big smile and gives excellent care to me. Dr. Chan is very experienced with GI procedures and always takes time to explain my health situation. His staff are very friendly and helpful. I think it is really worth to wait 20 or 30 minutes to see such a good doctor. I love my doctor! highly recommended. Dr. Chan is best!!

|  Staff are very helpful  |  show details
by Earnest on Aug 28th, 2013

Physician Assistant is very informative. Very detailed explanation. Frontdesk and nurses are very helpful. I would recommend this practice to others.

|  A trip you won't regret  |  show details
by Anon on Aug 26th, 2013

To begin, Dr Chan has not only been helpful, but also informative about my health situations. He takes time out to ensure everything is going well with me, and i can always reach him whenever necessary. After reading some of the other reviews I've realized that a few of the lower starred comments are poorly directed. Those comments show no true review of the doctor. For example, when paying a visit to any doctor you will see a difference in the duration of time with a patient depending on the patients need. Specifically though, i read some reviews about the office wait time.... To those few that have issues with the wait time you proved yourself wrong. If there is less of a wait time it only shows the doctor is either new to the field or has bad credentials, the wait at a doctor only proves their credibility. The number of patients creating this wait time solidly shows Dr Chan's reputation. Oh by the way, to those that read these reviews in the near future. Do pay attention to the grammar within the poor reviews of this physician. Anyone who actually reads the reviews will see its made by either the same person or the same group of people. Here's an overall rating for Dr Chan: -Knowledgeable in his field -Genuine concern for his patients -Friendly environment ( But remember, if you are going to be a burden to the office, you can't expect them to always keep a smile on... they are still human) -Excellent with follow ups and appointments.

Aug 24th, 2013

by Yuit king Wong on Aug 13th, 2013 He been my doctor for over 30 years. I have complete trust with him. I just wish there were others like him!!! this patient is a big liar.....!!!!!!!! Dr.Chan only practice is not ever over 20 years. i think this patient start to see him since when dr.Chan still at med.school.... FAKE PATIENT!!!!!

|  He saved my life!  |  show details
by TK Lo on Aug 22nd, 2013

Another gastro doctor did my colonoscopy and told me everything was fine. I still felt something wrong so I went to see Dr. Chan. He accurately diagnosed my problem and saved my life! I would like to also mention that I had lost my job and he charged me nothing! He really cared about my health more than anything else.

|  Mr.w  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2013

Worse doctor I have ever seen in my life. Totally agree he is money hungry. He didn't even spend 20 minutes evaluating me! Run away for those who are trying to look for a doctor and see these good comments, don't get fooled because I fell for it and it is nothing as those comments said. You would expect that waiting over an hr the doctor is good but it was the worse visit ever!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Mrs.  |  show details
by Tina Leung on Aug 19th, 2013

Great Staff, I have good experience. I will send all of my friends to him.

|  MRS  |  show details
by Christine P Zhuo on Aug 16th, 2013

Dr. Sing Chan is very good. The baest Dr i ever fine. Very helpfull , very smart and accurate and kind and very helphfull and undersding Overall very good you can never find.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by paul zhuo on Aug 15th, 2013

Dr. Sing Chan is such a nice doctor. I have been his patient for 15 years , he gives excellent care to me and always follows ups after his procedures , The office staff were quick and clean ,Everyone is sincerely trying to help . he is absolutely the best doctor ,I highly recommend!

|  Best Dr's visit!  |  show details
by Erica C on Aug 14th, 2013

The office staff were quick and attentive. Very pleasant atmosphere. Dr. Chan has great bedside manner and made me feel comfortable and at ease. I'll definitely be coming back for future problems!

|  Register Associate  |  show details
by ida Ng on Aug 13th, 2013

Dr. Sing, conducts himself in a very professional manner. He always greets me with a big smile and ask me about my family and any concerns I a may have. Dr Sing has been my doctor for over 10 years and I highly recommend him. In fact my family, and alot of my friends are already patients and very satisfied with his services.

by Ivy on Aug 13th, 2013

I went to Dr. Chan for some stomach problems I was having. His staff was very attentive and Dr. Chan took the time to outline the procedure and I felt very comfortable. Would highly recommend!

|  Great Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Joyce on Aug 13th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Sing for over the last 10 years. The office staff and Dr. Sing has always been courteous, caring and gives excellent care to his patients. He always follows ups after his procedures and makes sure he explains exactly the diagnosis of his examinations.

|  My opinion of Dr Chan  |  show details
by Yuit king Wong on Aug 13th, 2013

|  Glad I visited  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2013

Wasn't sure about seeing a doctor. Glad I visited Dr. Chan. Making an appointment was simple. Staff was nice. We talked for a while and he figured out what my problem was. Feel like I can call his office if I need anything else.

Aug 12th, 2013

Very nice and attentive.

|  Nice people all around  |  show details
by Ronnie on Aug 12th, 2013

This office is the best. Everyone is sincerely trying to help. Dr. Chan is a great doctor and his staff are top-notch. Frontdesk people are efficient and the new nurse is so kind (I have been following him for years). Look no further. This office makes you feel like family!

|  WARNING!!! Do not see this "doctor"  |  show details
by Jenny on Aug 12th, 2013

Unbelievable.. I don't even know who the %$#$ posted 5 stars for this doctor. Probably himself... it's all lies. Please find another doctor! He is just money hungry... greedy! Gosh.. and Joanne at front desk was such a nasty one. Ohh.. did I mention, I waited for over an hour for a procedure and not once anyone came over with an update. As im typing this my BP is going up. Good luck if you decide to see him.

Doctor's Response

Dear Jenny, thanks for your feedback. Kindly email to manager joanne@gi-chan.com with your full name and date of service and who the nurse was and we will discipline the appropriate party. Thank you.

Jun 15th, 2013

he is such a nice doctor. i have been his patient for many years. i always find him very personable. his center is brand new and very clean!!! his staff is always very friendly. not just me, all of my freiends who see him say great things about him and his staff. if anyone says unkind things about him or his practice, he or she is probably not his patient, or may be someone he fired. he is absolutely the best doctor you can find anywhere!!!!!!!!

|  Knowledgable and caring  |  show details
by Calvin Y. on May 15th, 2013

I visited Dr. Chan because I was experiencing digestive problems. After listening to my description and asking me a few questions he was able to diagnose my issue and suggested a procedure that would help alleviate my situation. I made another appointment for the procedure before leaving his office. When I came back, the staff greeted me and made me feel welcome. A staff member performed some prep work which went very smoothly and helped me to feel more comfortable. I waited for Dr. Chan for about 5 minutes. He came to the room, spoke with me and explained the procedure to me then proceeded to perform it. During the procedure, he was very friendly and made sure that I was comfortable. The procedure went smoothly and solved my problems. Upon leaving, he gave me suggestions on how I can change my habits in order to avoid future issues. Dr. Chan is very knowledgable and caring. Highly recommended!

by Ida W on May 12th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Chan over 10 years, he has always conducted himself in a very professional manner. I highly recommend Dr Chan as your doctor. He is very caring and has great bedside manners and would spend time with each of his patients. His staff are all courteous and friendly.

|  Wonderful doctor!  |  show details
by Candy P on May 12th, 2013

he is very good, very courteous. takes time to explain everything clearly. have been his patient for more than 15 years. also treats my husband, son , family and friends. Everyone is always satisfied and very happy with his care... also, his staff is very friendly

by Irene Chan on May 11th, 2013

I was happy after seeing Dr. Chan. very happy with his receptionists. I liked his nursing staff and definitely happy with his anesthesiologist as well! I had my stomach checked by him and i had no pain whatsoever! Great office definitely recommend my friends! I was happy after seeing Dr. Chan. very happy with his receptionists. I liked his nursing staff and definitely happy with his anesthesiologist as well! I had my stomach checked by him and i had no pain whatsoever! Great office definitely recommend my friends!

|  The best hemorrhoid doctor  |  show details
by Amy stonell on May 3rd, 2013

I went to see this doctor recently for painful hemorrhoids. Ouch !!!! I was seen promptly after waiting for about 15 -20 minutes by the assistant and then the doctor came in to greet me warmly. I mustve been lucky because my friends of told me that he is usually very busy. He examined me and gave me suggestions and advice on different treatment options. He explained to me what the different hemorrhoids are and what caused them. I had a lot of questions because I was in a lot of pain and scared but he answered them all with great patience!! I love this doctor!!! After my hemorrhoid got better with the brief laser procedure, I had a colonoscopy and he removed my polyp in one setting!! I felt great afterwards. I didn't feel any pain during the hemorrhoid procedure or after the colonoscopy!!! He is magical!!! definitely refer him to my family and friends!

|  Kind doctor with wonderful staff  |  show details
May 2nd, 2013

Dr. Chan was recommended to me by a family friend. She has been seeing him for years so I thought I should check him out for my hemorrhoid problems. His physician assistant was detailed and his staff was friendly. Dr. Chan fixed my hemorrhoid problem in two visits and gave me prevention tips. I think he is a good doctor.

|  Excellent Professional and Competent Doctor  |  show details
by Wen Wang on Apr 27th, 2013

I went to see Dr Chan for emergency procedure due for lower intestinal bleeding. He told me to come in right away, performed examination and explained to me my condition in depth and subsequently performed colonoscopy and in-office laser procedure under sedation. I didn't feel any pain and the problem was treated efficiently and expertly. I was very pleased with the entire experience. I recommend Dr Chan and his office without hesitation. If you find yourself waiting long to see him or his office busy, it's because he's an excellent physician and everyone wants to see him. Btw, I am also a physician and I don't give praises easily!

|  Mrs  |  show details
by Ms. Wei Wah Wong on Apr 2nd, 2013

This Dr. Sing Chan He is the Bestest Dr. Very good with patient, Good heart , very honest Dr i have never meet very patient , responsable and very good experience Dr over all the beastest Dr.5 start

Sep 6th, 2012

doctor has great patience with my questions. educated me a lot about my problems. great staff, friendly. like the setting of the calm and neat surroundings.

|  office  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

the office so dirty, the receptionist so bad attitued

Doctor's Response

Kindly provide name of receptionist and I will discipline / fire her.

|  Night Emergency Reply Less Than 3 min.  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2012

9:30 PM Night Reply gave Instruction to Stop Bleeding. Provided confidence and comfort.In waiting room, overheard one patient felt secure that Dr. Sing Chan will conduct procedure himself at late hours.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

The office is a very friendly atmosphere, waiting time is very minimal. Dr. Chan is very thorough in his diagnosis and very patient and answers all of your questions and concerns. I have used him for years and have always received the same great service throughout all of my visits.

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

|  review  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

I found Dr. Chan and his office staff friendly, knowledgable,and professional. Although, his offices always has very populated my wait time was reasonable. I have recommended my family and friends and have been a patient for many years.

May 21st, 2012

Dr. Chan's office I found were very professional and my wait time was not long at all. My visit went very smoothly from check in to consultation. Dr Chan is very caring, patience, thorough in explanating my diagnosis.I referral him to my family and friends.

|  My review  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

Dr. Chan's staff were all very polite and knowlegable. The waiting time was not very long considering some offices I have to wait more than 1 hour. Dr. Chan was very professional and patient with his explanation of my condition. I would definitely recommend him to my friends and family.