Dr. Sissi Cossio Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sissi Cossio?

February 20th, 2016

My 2 yr old in ICU & can't get a call or update after 3 DAYS of attempts to contact!!

My 2 yr old is currently in the West Boca Medical Center ICU after coming in via ambulance unconscious and unresponsive. He is under the care of Sisi Cossio yet I can't get a return call or update after 3 DAYS of attempts to contact!!! MISinformation is all I've been able to acquire from RN's & attendings which doesn't match the info in his chart and still, I can not get Dr. Cossio to return a call. I'm told for 3 days, time and again that ALL tests came back normal from lab, cardio, endo, and neurologist... Only to find out later on my own via online portal access that his TSH is 9.58miu (5 TIMES AVERAGE), Cortisol level at 36.50 (4 TIMES AVERAGE), etc... Yet hospital just tells me... "sorry, we can't make her call you back." My son has been there since the morning of 2/16/16 and I STILL have yet to speak with Dr. Cossio who's in charge of my sons care. This hospital has serious ethical and procedural issues that make for a dangerous climate! Once a mistake has been made, the defensive posturing and CYA attitude is too much to deal with as a concerned and helpless father. Go to Joe DiMaggio or Miami Children's for ANYTHING serious or possibly life threatening...... Very Concerned Parent

June 8th, 2015

There is certainly a language barrier when communicating in English. Her staff is not well trained, they work for an endocrinologist and yet they do not know a specialty pharmacy to order drugs from. And I was able to do it in 15 minutes.

September 25th, 2013

Our appointment was for 130pm. After waiting for 1.5 hours we decided to leave. During the time in the exam room the doctor never stopped in to say hello or explain or apologize for the situation. I never expected this lack of professionalism from the staff or doctor.

January 28th, 2013

VERY good doctor. Highly recommend her.

December 4th, 2012

AWESOME DOCTOR

My son is 13 and was diagnosed with a semi rare Thyroid issue at the age of 5. Since that time we have seen 3 different Specialists, that I WAS NOT a fan of. About a year and half ago our Pediatrician recommended Dr. Cossio, I was not happy with who my son was seeing at the time and decided to give it a try. I fell in love. Not only did I not have to wait 6 months to get an appt, I did not have to wait 2 hours in the waiting room and yet, I did not feel rushed when she was in the room with us. She has done her best to regulate his medication and keep him on a dose that works for him. She is reachable and attainable and appears to really care for her patients. I would recommend Dr. Cossio to any parent who is looking for a new Endocrinologist for their child. She gets 5 Stars in my book.

February 1st, 2011

Dr. cossio is an excellent doctor when i need her she is there right away she is the one who attends to me NOT her staff like the previous doctor i was with she knows what she is doing !!!!!

January 4th, 2011

Awesome doctor

My son was diagnosed last year with type 1 diabetes, he is 6 years old. I have never known a Doctor to be so caring and understanding. If I need her for anything she gave me her cell and would always be there to help me. She takes her time in the room with us and always checks up on him. She is by far the BEST physician I have ever met.

January 4th, 2011

Dr. Cossio is the second endocrinologist that I have used for my daughter. We came to Dr. Cossio on high recommendation from a friend who's son has been diagnosed with diabetes. We couldn't be more pleased with Dr. Cossio since our very first visit. She has made my daughter feel so comfortable during the monthly visits and she explained my daughter's medical issues to her in a manner that my child could understand. Dr. Cossio takes her time with her patients and makes sure that any questions that the patient may have are answered and explained thoroughly. I have recommended Dr. Cossio to anyone in need of an endocrinologist, as she is such a wonderful doctor. We look forward to our visits with her and just love her and Giselle, her receptionist!

September 28th, 2010

Insensitive Doctor

Dr. Cossio is very insensitive. She is more interested in documenting everything in her computer than forming a bond with her patients. She is cold and harsh. She does not let you talk unless she allows you (usually she is typing on her computer). She makes very little eye contact with you because she documents everything you say. She also made comments about our personal life that were offensive to us. Her attitude and mannerism were not kind and caring, but rushed (when we needed to speak, not when she spoke), and rude. I would never recommend this doctor to see any child. My son and I were extremely upset about having wasted our time with Dr. Cossio. We hope our experience helps other parents in deciding for a better pediatric endocrinologist for their children.

July 19th, 2016