Dr. Sitha Gita Kalapatapu Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Sitha Gita Kalapatapu?

May 12th, 2017

Just in it for the money.

When there was an issue with the insurance, because the doctor didn't spell HER OWN NAME correctly, I was denied treatment. I rescheduled for a week later, however, she refused to refill in scripts in the meantime. They were all non-narcotic. I am being seen for anxiety and depression, not druggie issues. However, due to being out my script, I am having panic attacks and have to see my PCP today. Hopefully, he will help me write a script, because you can't cold turkey off Zoloft and Gabapentin.

April 24th, 2013

Horrible

I had my first and last appointment with Dr Sitha.I will NEVER go back. For one, she was nearly TWO hours late and just flounced in without apologizing! The only reason I waited is because I drove from kokomo to Indianapolis and I didn't want to waste the gas/time any more than what I already had.The receptionist was very polite but failed to update me on when the Dr. would be in, the Dr. acted as though nodody eles time was valuable, despite explicity telling the receptionist I took time off of work to make the appointment. It is very frustrating. The receptionist took my history and made notes for the Dr. to make her diagnosis! When Dr. Sitha FINALLY showed up she was completely cold and pretty much ignored/blocked out everything I was saying unless it pertained to my childhood or things completely unrelated to what I was concerned about. Then after a brief ten minute conversation she wrote me a perscription for an anti-deppresant and klonopin. I never once complained of being depressed or anxious. She was very cold,unprofessional, rude, and I will most certainly not be going back.

March 30th, 2011

wouldn't recommend

I had three appointments with her. First I had to wait like and hour. Second time someone in the office had changed the appointment time but didn't call me so I waited around for like and hour and her comment to me was something about me being early? Last appointment I went there and the office was closed.Rather cold manner. She spend much of the first session talking about issues not related to my problem.Wouldn't recommend.

June 4th, 2010

Cold, seemingly uninterested in her patients, late to every appointment and expensive

I was happy when I was able to get an appointment with Dr. Kalapatapu within a few days of my call. Her office is bare and sterile with advertisements for anti-depressants at every point in the waiting room. There's nothing comforting about the office. Her office staff is polite, but not communicative with the patients left waiting long past the scheduled appointment time for the doctor. On my first appointment, I was taken into the consultation room 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment, and waited alone in that room another 10-15 minutes for the doctor. The doctor asked me to explain my problem and as I did, she was writing me a prescription. She never spoke to me to diagnose me. If you have a fantasy of the psychiatrist speaking to you and helping you see the underlying problems in your life, as I did, you will be sorely disappointed. There was nothing warm or caring about her. I felt like a number and it was apparent that she was in a hurry. She handed me the prescription and told me that she was assigning me to one the counselor's in her office with whom I would be talking (for regular therapy) twice a week. She shook my hand and left. Overall, her time with me was less than 20 minutes. An office worker came in and made the necessary appointments. I was to see the doctor once a week. Every appointment, I had the same long wait in the waiting and I was never alone. I was always surrounded by many angry people. After the initial visit, despite having to sit alone in the consultation room for at least 20 minutes every time, the doctor would casually come in unapologetically. She would spend no more than 5 minutes with me. In that time she would write me a refill for my prescriptions and have me fill out a brief survey about the effects that the drugs were having upon me. She never reviewed the survey before prescribing more medication and she never did diagnose me. She was little more than a drug dealer, in my opinion. I don't believe she ever learned my name and I know that despite the fact that I was taking the medication as prescribed, I was not getting any better. After 3 weeks, I stopped taking medication and I left her office never to return. Even though my insurance company paid 95% of the cost, as far as I am concerned, we both overpaid. The "counselor" had less college education than I did, and would often spend at least half of our time comparing her problems to mine. Other than that, she had a freudian approach to her form of psychoanalysis; she was intent upon discovering repressed memories of sexual abuse in my past, though I repeatedly told her that not every problem is related to sex. We did not work well together, to say the least. I would have expected the person with the MD degree in psychiatry to be the one helping me and diagnosing my problem, but the doctor's only function was prescribing medicine and the counselors, all possessing Master degree in Social Work, were left to actually do the work with the patience. I expect my doctor to know me and my health problems (even if she has to refer to the chart) and to value me as patient as well as my time as much as I am taught to respect and value hers. I would not recommend this doctor or Raj Clinics to anyone.

March 3rd, 2010

BEWARE

FAKE DOCTOR! DOESNT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING! JUDGMENTAL AND HE DOESNT LISTEN. ALL SHE WANTS IS MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. GIVES OUT MEDICATION LIKE CANDY! DO NOT GO TO HER, EVER. SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE STATE

July 14th, 2017