Dr. Sivasanker Bakthavachalam Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sivasanker Bakthavachalam?

August 5th, 2017

Excellent ENT!!!

We saw Dr. Baktha for my son's nasal congestion and Dr. Baktha diagnosed him with a deviated septum. He performed my son's surgery and did a fantastic job. I would recommend him to everyone. He was thorough, honest and had great bedside manner.

June 3rd, 2017

Best ENT!!

We had a great experience with Dr. Baktha! He treated our daughter quickly and was very knowledgeable with great bedside manner.

October 7th, 2015

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Baktha has performed surgery on both of my children, one was to treat thyroid cancer and the other was enlarged tonsils. Both times were great experiences. He took time to explain what was going to happen, performed the surgeries as planned, and was very good about follow-up. Both of my children had short recoveries. Also, my daughter has minimal scarring on her neck. I would recommend Dr. Baktha to others who are in need of any pediatric ENT services.

August 26th, 2015

Terrible ENT practice

Terrible ENT practice from administrators to their office manager. Rude, insensitive and unprofessional. Not sure why the positive comments for Dr. Baktha either -- I found him to lack any bedside manners whatsoever, not friendly at all and never returns calls even after you have him paged (maybe after the 3rd or 4th time he may). Not one person from their office (including Dr. Baktha) ever called post-op to check on my son's condition even though I had notified Dr. Baktha how sick he felt the evening after his surgery. I happen to be a physician myself but I've never experienced such rude/heartless medical professionals and would never refer any child to this place.

June 15th, 2015

Horrible practice

I tried to book an appointment for my daughter and the person on the other line told me that i had to stick to the doctor that i had seen before even after i told her that she has an persistent infection since a month. Why do you have a practice with so many doctors if you can't accommodate a small child who needs care? or your systems are so ancient that your doctors can' compare notes? Anyone who is considering this practice please look elsewhere here you will only find stuck up staff and doctor's who don't care! ‪

January 26th, 2015

One of best surgeons!!

One of the best physicians I have ever been to! Smart and efficient and excellent bedside manner!!

August 19th, 2014

Skillful surgeon

My daughter experienced two surgeries before she was 14 months. The first was to remove a benign tumor, the second was to insert ear tubes due to frequent ear infections. Both surgeries were a complete success. My wife and I are very impressed with Dr. Baktha. He took the time to listen to our questions and was very kind and considerate. The day of each surgery he met with us to explain the procedure and followed up with us after the surgery. We felt 100% confident that he was the best surgeon to help us. Our daughter is doing wonderful!

January 15th, 2014

Best ENT

We have nothing but great things to say about him !! He always takes his time with us on appointments and has performed 2 surgeries on my son. I would highly recommend him to anyone !!

October 17th, 2013

Great Experience.

My two year old daughter needed a mass removed from her neck, needless to say we were a bit concerned about having the procedure done. Dr. Baktha was so kind and skilled and we had a very positive experience. My Lilly's wound healed so nicely, I told him he had the suturing finesse of a plastic surgeon. Thank you!!

August 6th, 2013

The best surgeon I've met! Highly recommend!

Dr. Baktha diagnosed my daughter's thyroid cancer when it first appeared as a neck mass because it had spread to the lymph nodes. He did a fantastic job with her total thyroidectomy and neck dissections and now she is cancer free for over two years. He truly saved her life! He is compassionate and definitely takes the time to explain things to us. I recommend him as the best ENT doctor for any problem in kids.

August 1st, 2013

He saved my son's life

My son went into the hospital for a common outpatient procedure that any ENT could do blindfolded and came out with Stage 1 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Had it not been for Dr. Baka's meticulous and caring skill, my son's cancer would probably have been found too late. Even though nothing showed up on a CT scan, Dr. Baka did not like the way the tissue looked. He immediately sent a sample off for a frozen section and the initial unconfirmed diagnosis was a B-Cell Lymphoma. When he came to tell us, he spoke in layman's terms. He was clear, concise, and compassionate. I really got the impression that it truly pained him to have to deliver this information to us. He never made us feel rushed, or that he was in a hurry, or hesitated to answer our questions completely. Even after the diagnosis was confirmed, the mass was still NOT visible on further CT scans. It is because of Dr. Baka that this very aggressive cancer was caught early enough to have a 96% cure rate. He came to the hospital during our inpatient stay to check on my son and the rest of the family to see how we were doing. How do you thank someone for saving your child's life?

April 23rd, 2013

Beware, this Doctor is terrible

My daughter had many ear infections and much like others who have posted, he spent 3 mins with us and told us she needed surgery. Following the surgery, my husband took her- I had questions so I called the office for him to call me back, when he did- 10 mins after my husband and daughter were there- he didn't know what he was talking about and had to get the chart. He told me different information than he told my husband. He is NOT a good doc in this manner, and I would never ever recommend him for your child. We now have to take my son to an ENT, and unfortunately we will be back at this practice but NEVER with Baktha. I pray we have better luck.

Doctor's Response

I apologize for your experience with me in our practice. I like to make a concerted effort to get back to my patients in a timely manner and ensure they understand all the information given to them in the best interests of treating their children. Clearly this was not felt in your situation. I do take my patient's comments seriously and would like to help in anyway possible to ensure the health of your child.

SHOW