Dr. Slater Lowry MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 1st, 2016
Incompetent staff
I scheduled an appt a week ahead of time. The receptionist didn't bother telling me that Dr. Lowry wasn't taking on anymore patients with chronic conditions. She knew that I was coming to see him for my high blood pressure. Yet, after waiting over an hour and walk in patients going in before me, the rude nurse told me he wouldn't see me that I needed to go some where else. My blood pressure was VERY high. I asked her if they could at least get my pressure down and she smugly said, "well, you've had high blood pressure for this long you can go a few more days with it, 188/122, I have worked in a medical office and we would never allow a patient to leave in that condition. So I immediately found another clinic, Lisa Dement, and she was appalled that they let me leave with my pressure being so high. I use to love Dr. Lowry but his staff is rude and incompetent.

July 22nd, 2016
Brilliant physician who unlike so many docs still cares and tries to go above and beyond what is expected to help his patient . I see him and he is the only person who will ever diagnose me or my family .

July 9th, 2015
Good doctor but not board certified
Good doctor but my husband prefers board certified doctors even though he is well trained. I know his training is great but he did not take test to get board certified. It is fine to practice w/o it but rather usual.

March 6th, 2014
I like the Dr. but seldom get to see him. The staff doesn't seem to be able to complete tasks as I have to call them often to make sure it gets done. I've never had this sort of problem before, and it might just cause me to go somewhere else if it doesn't stop. The staff runs interference too much and can't seem to remember to finish a task.

June 21st, 2012
GREAT CLINIC!
I don't know what the person before me is talking about but I have been to Dr. Lowry for YEARS and I've never had any trouble!! I think they must be an unhappy person period!!! AND just because I personally wanted to know I looked up the medicine she was talking about and it's NOT a dangerous medicine or even a controlled medication!! I love Dr. Lowry and his staff and HALEY is WONDERFUL ... I have had small 'issues' here and there but they were ALWAYS resolved quickly ... The wait time is often longer than I'd like but then when it's my turn and Dr. Lowry comes into my exam room he never hurries and treats me as though I am the only patient in his office. Dr. Lowry is a terrific Internal MEdicine Doctor and I love his staff ---

May 1st, 2012
No follow up on dangerous sample prescription
A 30 day plus 2 weeks sample Cymbalta given, no follow up leaving the patient with no instructions to wean off, we were denied an office visit to the Dr by the nurse Haley to see the Dr because we tried to correct her on where she needed to send the insurance. we wanted to explain the problems with the Dr. Later we received a letter that the patient was discharged because patient was disrespectful to the office staff. Thus keeping us further from talking with the Dr, not one curse word used. Dr. Was not interested. Incompetent staff. No followup.

August 16th, 2011
waiting time
Doc is great. He needs help the wait can be very long. But he will take the needed time with every one.super good doc but please get a practicener for colds ect. Love haley and jenny great nurses.

November 24th, 2010
He is very caring and seems to ask just the right questions. He actually examines you---Ive been to lots of doctors who walk in and out without saying much of anything. I had been to 3 other doctors who told me my chest pain was "inthe chest wall" but Dr. Lowry actually listened to me and set me up for a Nuclear Stress Test and several days later , I discovered that I had 2 vessels that were more than 90% blocked. I had stents placed and am back to my old self but without Dr. Lowry , I could easily have ended up a statistic. I feel like I owe him my life. I recommend him to everyone. When I thanked him for literally saving my life, he just said it was an honor to serve me ! Wow ! He is tops with me!!!

August 27th, 2010
this is me cathy clark
i love dr lowery, his staff members can use some lil TLC

January 12th, 2010
highly recommend
he's a great doctor and has wonderful staff. i was not sure where to go and my boyfriend found that he has good reviews online. so i finally give it a try. the staff are very nice. I had worst experience at other hospitals.

March 8th, 2009