Dr. Slawomir Marecik MD Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

March 30th, 2016
Wonderful doctor, very kind and gentle. Asks the right questions to get to the root of the issue.

March 27th, 2016
#1 Colorectal Surgeon in the Midwest!!
I've been to 5 colorectal surgeons and dr. slawomir is by far the best and most compassionate of all.

February 17th, 2016
Excellent surgeon, and great attitude.
Dr. Marecik has been a very pleasant doctor to work with over past couple of years. My wife has had lupus for over 20 years, her issues have manifested into severe digestive issues (delayed motility) for past 5-6 years with chronic severe constipation (4-6 week bouts of no bowel movements) and pseudo obstruction. Consultation with Dr. Marecik was always a pleasure and informative. He treats you like a friend that he truly wants to help. He cares, so that in my book is worth 4 stars right there. His abilities are second to none and his confidence level in his abilities is refreshing. Thank you for helping my wife gain her life back. I know it is early, and it will be a new normal, but it WILL be a normal better than the past 5-6 years. Keep up the good work.

November 20th, 2015
Glen Endoscopy is very friendly place and very professional all staf. Thank Dr. Slawomir Marecik.

March 4th, 2015
Truly a gifted surgeon and a decent person.

December 27th, 2014
Dr. Marecik saved my life. After being diagnosed with rectal cancer, I was referred to him and was told that he was one of the very few skilled surgeons who could cure my advanced cancer and preserve my muscle so that I wouldn't have to live with a permanent colostomy bag. He was so kind and reassuring at my first consultation, I had no doubts going into surgery. Dr. Marecik spent over 7 hours in the operating room for me and now I am back to enjoying a normal life and will remain forever grateful! I was also confused with the bill as the previous commenter, but everything cleared up when his office sent me a check for overpayment. I absolutely recommend this surgeon with no hesitation!

June 10th, 2013
LOVE THE DOCTOR
I love this doctor! I am so fortunate to have found him. He was so wonderful when I had colon cancer surgery before and after. It is a pleasure to keep my appointments as he is so wonderful to talk to. He always makes me feel that he enjoys talking to me even if it is about other problems I might have. He explains everything and never seems to be in a rush to leave. I wish other doctors could take a lesson from him. I have yet to find anyone that does what he does. God bless you Dr. M

August 22nd, 2012
Saved My Life
Dr. Marecik - Was certain that the stricture in my colon was cancer. He did surgery, removed 25 nodes just to be safe. He was right about the cancer. It was stage 3. After surgery, visited oncologists at UofC and Northwestern and all were really impressed by Dr. Mareciks work. Today surgery is healed and I am one year thru chemo... clean bill of health. Thanks Dr. Marecik!

August 7th, 2012
He is the BEST doctor that I have ever been to. He is the reason my Crohn's is under control. HIGHLY recommend him.

April 17th, 2012
Patient
He is very caring and comforting, as well as being competent and gentle. I am a senior citizen with rectal cancer. I could not have gotten through this without his encouragement. God bless him!

March 27th, 2011
Awesome
Northwestern gave me excuses and bureaucracy, Dr Marecik solved the problem. He and his assistant are professional, with a touch of humor, and very easy to approach regarding unpleasant topics. I give Dr Marecik my highest recommendation.

January 27th, 2009
Suzi Herrmann M.Ed.
Dr. Marecik is, by far, the best physician by whom I have had the opportunity to be treated! At a time when all seemed bleak (colorectal cancer diagnosis), Dr. Marecik is a ray of sunshine! I cannot say enough positive things about him! I had to see a different cancer Doc through my hmo. Forutnately, I requested a second opinion in the hmo and he recommended the practice of Prasad and Park. As it happened, Marecik had recently joined the practice and I became one of his first patients through the practice. I thank G-d EVERYDAY that Marecik is my dcotor! He is professional yet optimistic; open and caring; has a wonderful 'bedside manner'; a smile that lights up the room; a spirit of healing-healing hands; is dependable and realistic; and. above all he LISTENS! Not only did he save my life but he also was able to save me from having a permanent colostomy, which, for my lifestyle of participation in sports, free lance photography, international educational ambassador,interpreter, creator of natural healing products, new retiree, care giver of parents with Alzheimer's, is a PLUS!Dr. Slawomir Marecik is simply THE BEST!