Surgical Specialist

1550 N Northwest Hwy
Ste 107
Park Ridge, IL 60068
847-759-1110
Locations and availability (1)

|  Rip off  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2014

I will never use this doctor again. I recently had an appointment waited 45 minutes for the doctor and once the doctor was ready for me to see him, he spent a total of 15 minutes examining me and charged me $500 for the visit. when I got the bill in the mail, my insurance covered $350 of my bill and I was responsible for $150. After further investigation I found out that my insurance company covered the medical treatment that I was given for $350, they just didn't cover the $150 "New Patient fee". Do not use this doctor.

|  LOVE THE DOCTOR  |  show details
by DOROTHY S on Jun 10th, 2013

I love this doctor! I am so fortunate to have found him. He was so wonderful when I had colon cancer surgery before and after. It is a pleasure to keep my appointments as he is so wonderful to talk to. He always makes me feel that he enjoys talking to me even if it is about other problems I might have. He explains everything and never seems to be in a rush to leave. I wish other doctors could take a lesson from him. I have yet to find anyone that does what he does. God bless you Dr. M

|  Saved My Life  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

Dr. Marecik - Was certain that the stricture in my colon was cancer. He did surgery, removed 25 nodes just to be safe. He was right about the cancer. It was stage 3. After surgery, visited oncologists at UofC and Northwestern and all were really impressed by Dr. Mareciks work. Today surgery is healed and I am one year thru chemo... clean bill of health. Thanks Dr. Marecik!

|  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

He is the BEST doctor that I have ever been to. He is the reason my Crohn's is under control. HIGHLY recommend him.

|  Patient  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

He is very caring and comforting, as well as being competent and gentle. I am a senior citizen with rectal cancer. I could not have gotten through this without his encouragement. God bless him!

|  Awesome  |  show details
by Jeffrey J. Counsell on Mar 27th, 2011

Northwestern gave me excuses and bureaucracy, Dr Marecik solved the problem. He and his assistant are professional, with a touch of humor, and very easy to approach regarding unpleasant topics. I give Dr Marecik my highest recommendation.

|  Suzi Herrmann M.Ed.  |  show details
by Suzi Herrmann M.Ed. on Jan 27th, 2009

Dr. Marecik is, by far, the best physician by whom I have had the opportunity to be treated! At a time when all seemed bleak (colorectal cancer diagnosis), Dr. Marecik is a ray of sunshine! I cannot say enough positive things about him! I had to see a different cancer Doc through my hmo. Forutnately, I requested a second opinion in the hmo and he recommended the practice of Prasad and Park. As it happened, Marecik had recently joined the practice and I became one of his first patients through the practice. I thank G-d EVERYDAY that Marecik is my dcotor! He is professional yet optimistic; open and caring; has a wonderful 'bedside manner'; a smile that lights up the room; a spirit of healing-healing hands; is dependable and realistic; and. above all he LISTENS! Not only did he save my life but he also was able to save me from having a permanent colostomy, which, for my lifestyle of participation in sports, free lance photography, international educational ambassador,interpreter, creator of natural healing products, new retiree, care giver of parents with Alzheimer's, is a PLUS!Dr. Slawomir Marecik is simply THE BEST!