Dr. Smita Patel Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Smita Patel?

October 23rd, 2016

I've had Dr. Patel for almost 10 years. She helped me out of a severely bad depression. I'm very grateful to her . I can't say anything about waiting and being behind in her appointments because I'm sure there were many times I made her late for her next appointment because she listened to me and my problems. There were other times I was in and out real fast. For the most part I liked her and thought she was pretty good.

June 28th, 2016

HAS NO UNDERSTANDING OF ADDICTION,,,AT ALL

This women,should not be practicing addiction managment,most female patients leave there in tears,while most men ,can't stand her.I have witnessed patients waiting for hours,and come out furious. She makes ADDICTS,,,ADDICTS.Most people want to use after listening to her hate on you for the entire appt.At one appt she'll ,tell you about how you belong there,the next she's terminating you as a patient.The physciatry board ,or AMA,needs to do something with her,I wouldn't be surprised if most of her patients aren't suicidal after leaving her office..I don't like giving ,this jerk even one star,you guys need to add negative stars,she would be a,, minus 10

November 25th, 2015

Dr. Patel is patient and always responds to emergency phone calls promptly.

April 1st, 2015

Freak show

Do not waist your time! Staff is horrible and Dr Patel shows no expression whatsoever must be getting kickbacks from the med companies. I was a patient years ago and found this site and figured I would do people a favor

July 23rd, 2014

Terrible

Do no see this doctor. She does not exude any sense of caring or respect for her patients and seems to care more about making money than helping the people who see her. The front desk staff is rude and aloof, and it is difficult to make a convenient appointment.

November 12th, 2013

Wonderful experience

Dr Patel is extremely helpful to me in dealing with my depression and anxiety. She listens intently and asks pertinant questions. We discuss med options before I start taking them and betweem visits if necessary.

June 24th, 2013

TERRIBLE!! DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR

Nevermind the fact that she is SO cold and stone faced the entire time. You feel like when you share your life experiences, she is judging you. Instead of trying to understand and maybe NOD her head in agreement once in a while, she just stares at you, that is, if she lifts her head long enough from her notepad. I understand she is not a therapist and is only there to give out meds....but my initial 1 hour session was aweful. I just felt this terrible vibe 5 minutes into the session. I wanted to just walk out. I work in the mental health feild and have heard pretty bad things about this provider, but she was the closest to me and fastest to get an appt. She didnt listen to what i was telling her. She doesnt prescribe certain meds b/c they are "addicting". She doesnt care that you had terrible side effects from certain meds before, she will still recommend them even after telling her that you had these terrible effects. She does not explain ANYTHING re : side effects of certain meds. UGh , just so so so disappointed in her. I should have known better than to go see her. But i was desperate. Now i have to find someone else b/c i cannot fathom being in the same room with her for even 2 minutes. Please DO NOT waste your time.

March 5th, 2013

I have terrible anxiety, 2 doctor's have recommened I be on Klonopin (as well as a former alcohol and drug counselor! who knew me for several years as a client) but she treats me as a number, a statistic. Because I used to abuse alcohol a lifetime ago (25 yrs ago) she holds this against me and is strongly against me taking klonopin. I'm not a number, I'm an individual. I have no desire to abuse klonopin (or any other medication or substance) and do not do so. Yet she ignores the recommendations of her fellow doctor's when it comes to my treatment in this regard. If this does not change I will change doctors. I need HELP. I need the PROPER medications for my symptoms. I need to find a doctor who will recognize I don't abuse pills and will prescribe me the medications I need to function at work and home without being paralized and full of fear as well as to treat a neurological diagnosis that has to do with REM sleep, not unhelpful substitutes.

April 6th, 2012

Think twice about seeing her.

Once upon a time I thought all mental health professionals really cared. The sad truth is they don't and everything comes down to the almighty dollar.My chief complaints with Dr. Patel are:Horrible bedside manner. Not personable in the least.Doesn't explain pros/cons and side effects/withdrawal of medication.Does not return phone calls.More interested in collecting money than speaking to a patient.I am just baffled by the majority of mental health providers and their lack of compassion. They're so quick to just prescribe medicine and have you go on your merry little way.

March 4th, 2012

SHE SUCKS AND KNOWS NOT WHAT SHE DOING

July 19th, 2010

ok

every time i go there, i wait at least 30min, and i have waited for up to an hour because shes behind on several occasions. shes nice and good at what she does.

July 7th, 2010

patient

I would Highly recommend her. Very helpful and understanding. Have been a patient for over 4 years and would not change.