Psychiatrist, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)

2.5

Don't expect a friendly office staff. show details Don't expect a friendly office staff.
May 18th, 2015

Dr. Kapila was ok. She was not very friendly, never cracked as smile, and when reviewing my history asked some detailed questions that no provider has ever asked me about a specific traumatic event. She claims to have worked with victims of trauma before, but I doubt it based on her questions. Her office staff is terrible. Not friendly, and completely unwilling to do a little extra work and make a couple extra phone calls to help get my claim paid. They were unwilling to submit the claim themselves which is exactly what my health ins. said they should have done. Because they are unwilling to do this, it appears I am out $200. They called me the day before my appointment (I had been waiting over a month for this appointment) to tell me I would need to bring in $350 to be seen. Natasha, who handles billing, is unwilling to provide information that is not provided on the receipt you are given. FYI... You will need the "NPI number" (she told me it starts with 170, but refused to give me the rest of the number) of the facility and provider. You will also need the FAX number. Both of which are not on the receipt. The tax id number is the same as the "SSN or EIN" number you will see on your receipt. The problem (other than the astonishingly terrible customer service) is that Dr. Kapila is in the PHCS network, but will not give patients the discounts that are due to patients in the PHCS network as stated with the providers contract with PHCS. I would never have gone to this provider if they weren't in the PHCS network. The crazy thing is that she is STILL in the PHCS network, but not honoring the contract that is signed. It's not Dr. Kapila's problem though. She already has my $350. Natasha suggested I get on Obamacare. She said they don't have any problems with Obamacare. Real patriot, that Natasha... She would rather I spend everyone's tax dollars instead of using my private health insurance. If you can avoid Dr. Kapila, I would. I'm never going back.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
by Travis on Feb 24th, 2015

A patient's continued well-being is no longer a top priority.

Jan 16th, 2014

Excellent psychiatrist! Saved my life.