Dr. Soe Naing MD, MRCP Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

June 17th, 2015
Dr. Naing is awesome! He actually listens and works with you. I found him to be honest in his expectations all while being sensitive to the patients desires. I had Graves disease and needed a thyroidectomy, I was hoping removing a partial of my thyroid would be an option. He told me I more than likely would need it but he would do what he could in the possibility that I didn't. He slowly weaned me off my medication and took blood work every few weeks. The final result was all looked well but due to one of my hormone levels being abnormal it was only a matter of time before my thyroid would start to malfunction again. The only solution was a thyroidectomy. I truly appreciated his sensitivity, patience with me and his flexibility, he is the doctor and is far more knoweledgable than I but his passion for gaining/maintaing patients trust is invaluable. I'd like to add that before I seen him I was with a different endo and I found her very insensitive, I was another number. She also had said I would need a thyroidectomy and was offended when I didnt blindly trust her diagnosis. Despite my hestitaiton for surgery she still referred me for surgery. When I recieved the information along with the surgeon info, I looked him up........he was a GENERAL SURGEON....whose specialty were on feet!! Needless to say I was upset, cancelled the surgery, called my primary and asked them to refer me to Dr. Naing (who was referred by a friend of mine who is a patient of his that had thyroid cancer). My point being that when Dr. Naing said it was time for surgery I made sure to ask about his refferal, his response "I only refer my patients to doctors that I am willing to refer my family too." I thought that was so awesome. Dr. Christina Maser performed my surgery and she was awesome too! Loved her!! Oh and the bonus....she is an Endorcrine Surgeon who performs thyroid surgeries 2-3 times a week with up to three surgeries a day.

May 18th, 2017