Dr. Sofia Aeschlimann Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sofia Aeschlimann?

Posted on September 29th, 2017

I have been to and seen a few doctors over the past couple of years and haven't recieved the help, communication, and understanding that I recieve from Dr. Sofia. I am very pleased with all of the staff as well. Everything and everyone seem very welcoming and sincere. It's a breath of fresh air and exactly the place I was looking for.

Great doctor

Posted on September 29th, 2017

I am 26 years old and have been seeing psychiatrists for various conditions since I was 9 years old. I have been diagnosed with depression, ADHD, and anxiety for the majority of my life, up until the past 4 years. During that past 4 years, I was wrongly diagnosed by two different psychiatrists with having Bipolar (oddly, those doctors used to be in practice together.) I KNEW I was not Bipolar, Ive struggled with mental health problems most of my life and have been on just about every medication there is. I KNOW what works for me and I pleaded with my past doctors to listen to me. I recently fell into a heavy, medication- induced depression where I truly feared for my life. In tears, I begged my doctor to help me get off the numerous medications he had prescribed me. He told me to find another doctor....and I did. Doctor Sofia TALKED to me and LISTENED to what I had to say! I told her my entire psychiatric history, and by the end of my first visit she told me I was far from being Bipolar. She agreed I was over medicated, and thought a cocktail of mood stabilizers was in no way necessary. She told me I likely had PTSD, general depression, and PMDD. I cried tears of joy and left her office with a simple script for a low dose SSRI. I have my life back thanks to Dr. Sofia and I am beyond grateful for her help. If you feel you have been wrongly diagnosed, I highly recommend Dr. Sofia. She does not use questionnaires to diagnose you...she talks to you and bases your diagnosis by what you tell her instead of how you answer a specific questionnaire.

Great Doctor, Very Caring

Posted on January 24th, 2017

I just had my first appointment with her yesterday and even though I did not know what to expect and was very nervous, she was so nice and caring... she is extremely smart and excellent at her job!

Posted on October 28th, 2016

Dr. Aeschlimann is very personable. She treats her patients with kindness and respect. She is available, can be reached easily if there is a problem, and follows up with her patients.

Posted on April 5th, 2015

months ago- For many years I have seen different Psychiatrists for Bipolar depression and have been displeased with all of them. It seemed like they never really listened to me when I was explaining how I was feeling and that I was just another number to them. I felt rushed. On occasion they would change my medication but nothing really seemed to help. They had no sympathy or compassion. I felt like I was doomed to feel bad unitl I met Dr. Aeschlimann. She is so compassionate and sympathetic. Dr. Aeschlimann has been treating me for bipolor depression for less than a year and I cannot tell you how wonderful I feel. I am happy, energized and motivated. I can't recall the last time I've felt this good. I am so impressed with her I wanted to take the time to write this review and believe me I am not one to take the time to write a complimentary review but I felt like I had to. It's amazing to me that in the short period of time that she has treated me she figured out what types of medications would work for me. I highly recommend her. I only wish I new about her a long time ago. She truly is a God sent

Posted on February 4th, 2015

Fantastic facility. Staff is friendly and helpful. Therapists are well trained and will refer to other therapists if necessary. Dr. Sofia is the most amazing & knowledgable psychiatrist I have seen. She does not push medicine for the sake of writing a script. She continuously tracks progression and has an ease about her that instantly helps the patient open up in a safe environment. I would drive 100s of miles to keep my appointments with her. Highly recommend.

Posted on January 6th, 2015

Exceptionally compassionate and very thorough at understanding and diagnosing and treating issues. Documents history well to know what has and has not worked as far as meds therapy.

She is an idiot, oh wait, a rude idiot

Posted on February 17th, 2012

Posted on September 28th, 2011

Combines kind and gentle with firm - pushed me to see a therapist. (I needed the push.)

Posted on November 7th, 2017