Dr. Sofia Gekker Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Sofia Gekker?

Do not use this doctor

Posted on July 12th, 2016

She was extremely unprofessional. I went for anxiety and depression and when I broke down in her office she told me that "I have an unfortunate terrible situation". Instead of giving me medication that I definitely need she told me to go to AA to discuss my issues. Mind you she told me to go to AA not bc Im an alcoholic but bc I have a history in my family. She then went on to talk about herself and how well she has done in life. She made me feel even worse. Do not go to her if you are actually looking for help

Licensed clinical social worker referral teport

Posted on June 29th, 2016

Dr Gekker has a malpractice case pending against her in Kings County New York. The charges against her should be investigated as to her competence to prescribe psychotropic medications.

Great Doctor

Posted on June 28th, 2016

Great doctor. Early appointments and she is just so nice and understanding

Absolutely horrible

Posted on June 6th, 2012

Dr. Gekker refused to respond when I had a semi-urgent situation. Didn't return calls and made me wait two weeks for an appointment. This was after I had been seeing her for three years, and it was the first and only time I ever had an emergency and needed her help beyond what was routine. She simply refused to deal with it. At the appointment I told her I was disappointed, and she completely lost it. LOST IT. She actually SHOUTED at me. She should not be practicing medicine. No one working in mental health should ever lose their temper with a patient like that. She's insane.

Unavailable and unresponsive except on Tuesdays and Fridays

Posted on April 25th, 2012

After being Dr. Gekker's patient for three years, she completely ignored me during an emergency. Her staff made me wait two weeks for an appointment. When I took her to task on her lack of responsiveness, she got defensive and started screaming at me. When I asked her whether she, as a psychiatrist, was unwilling to treat people who are upset, she said "no, i am unwilling to treat people who are rude." This was during a visit that I was paying for out of pocket. I think this says it all.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on November 30th, 2010

I know I was so scared to see a pschyicatrist but after 1 visit I knew I made the right decision.Definitely go see Dr Gekker

Posted on January 23rd, 2017