Dr. Sofia Khan MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Weston, FL

3.3

November 7th, 2016
Very satisfied but needs humility with ASD
We DO recommend Dr. Kahn and Pediatric Associates - she is knowledgeable, very efficient and great with children of all ages. We couldn't have higher praise for her or her staff. However... My son is very high functioning ASD and his issues are among the more complex - nobody can figure him out including the area's highest-rated pediatric neurologist, the battalions of school specialists with all of their specialties and training (Broward School District has been exceptional), psychologists, and even a psychiatrist to evaluate whether medication would be appropriate. All say "no" in his case but Dr. Kahn seems to get exasperated when we (I) challenge her on her opinion. In our last appointment she wouldn't even look at me or say goodbye when I insisted that she go with the other specialists in ruling out endocrinology issues. Now, understand that I am not a huge fan of anyone who jumps to meds without tests - I know all too well the disaster the wrong drugs can be for a small child. She was the first to start us down the path of medication when he was three or four, way before he was old enough to evaluate with any reliability. Every other expert says that his ASD issues will not be addressed with meds, and when we took the recent advice of several to rule out physical issues now that he's a little older - including endocrinology - she gave us the, "I've been doing this more than 25 years" lecture. You may hear that lecture too, and when you do, stop - I do not believe she is entirely rational after that point. I as a bit exasperated after a morning waiting in doctor's offices with a child growing more and more impatient himself, so when she began to explain how we would be wasting our time I asked her if she would like to call the pediatric neurologist, our psychologist, and the Broward School District psychologist and crisis intervention specialist she shut down. She seems to realize that she is not just treating a child but a family, so I don't know where this behavior comes from. It's not rational. I'm a parent, and I do not want to try meds on our child until we find one suitable. I'd really like to avoid them at all but when experts agree or there is something we KNOW that can be supported by medication then I'm for it. I just don't like the "we'll try until we get it right" approach that she seems to be behind. What IS that??? So, keep in mind that she is who she is, great in her area in our experience, but very opinionated and relies on her "more than 25 years of experience" rather than empirical testing and careful evaluation. UGH... I hope I've conveyed a fair observation. Yes, I do recommend her, no, I do not recommend you take everything she says without a second opinion.

May 21st, 2015
Dr.Khan is the Best . very accurate diagnosis.

February 22nd, 2015
Amazing kids doctor in Weston

April 21st, 2013
lack of ethics
She is always late. My appointment will be at 9:00 am and she will come to see us at 10:30 am. Last week, my appointment was at 9:30 am and I was there by 10:00 am. They said that the doctor can't see my kid because we are late. I'm changing my baby's pediatritian. She doesn't know the ethics.