Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A Past Experience  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2014

This experience took place years ago when Dr. Sofia Vaisman had her practice in an adjacent building. I was subjected to an unwanted examination which was embarrassing and traumatic. After the exam I was brought to another room and left alone to handle the results of he exam. At the time, Dr. Vaisman's nurse was named Linda. They were both cold and uncaring. I have never forgotten it.

|  show details
Mar 18th, 2013

Terrible place. Went in for fasting blood work and a chest Xray ordered by another doctor I had seen on Friday. They have a old Xray machine, not digital, and so I passed, and waited 2 1/2 hours after fasting for over 12 hours, while they tried to figure things out, about getting me a simple fasting blood draw. Never did get it. I ended up leaving, and will make a appointment at a real lab or doctors office. Dr. Boris sat and chatted with a friend that dropped by while patients were waiting in various rooms.They don't know what they are doing, nor do they care.

|  Very Nice  |  show details
by BT on Dec 18th, 2009

I'm not sure why there are bad reviews here. I have never heard anyone say a unkind word about Dr Sofia. Sometimes the wait is a bit long, but she is great. She always remembers me and takes extra time with me. She helped with samples and even stayed late when I had an emergency.

|  Vivian  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2009

Spent extra time with me to explain what was going on. One of the few doctors in the valley left that takes almost all insurances, probably out of the goodness of her heart. Much improved office staff from the last year.

|  Office Staff is horrible  |  show details
May 19th, 2009

This office is poorly run and unprofessional. The wait time to just speak to someone on the phone is insane(staff extremely rude) and the wait time in the office even with an apt is a min of 2 hours. The office staff trys to divert you to the emergency room whenever possible even if it's not an emergency. I continue to have the same medical problems that I have had from day one with this Doctor and have never been diagnoised properly. All the doctor trys to push is thier own vitamin supply.

|  Nothing but bad experiences here.  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2009

Vaisman's office is very poorly run and this is at the expense of her patients care. Even with an appointment you are likely wait two hours over the appointed time to get in and then you may be resigned to seeing a nurse practioner! over the years, i've had various lab tests run and have NEVER received a call with the results. I always have to call myself, usually several times to find out. I have never gotten a definitive diagnosis on any of my problems. They just dont care. Her front office staff is incredibly rude, especially if you aren't Russian.The last straw for me was last week. I called out of concern because I have been sick with a bad cold or flu that hasn't gone away. I asked if I could come in to see if I needed antibiotics. I was told no, there were no appointments available but I could come in the next day between 9am-11am and wait and MAYBE I would be seen but there were no guarantees I would be. I ended up going to Urgent Care to get the antibiotics I needed and filing with my insurance company to switch doctors. This was long overdue.The practice has also begun to give botox injections and do chiropractic. I have nothing against this but Vaisman should be taking care of her sick patients first and foremost and paying attention to their healthcare. I think she is a good doctor who has lost her way at the expense of her patients and it's really too bad.

|  FAMILY CANCER HISTORY  |  show details
by TVL on Sep 30th, 2008

WHY DIDNT DR VAISMAN ORDER BLOOD TESTS EXTRA TESTS SEMI OR ANNUALLY ON MICHELLE CLARK THAT PASSED AWAY FROM OVARIAN CANCER........... TO THIS DR WAS NOT DOING HER JOB PERIOD- MICHELLE MOM DIED YOUNG AGE AND WONDER IF ANY EXTRA TESTS BESIDES PAP WAS EVER DONE!