Dr. Sofia Yahya MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 22nd, 2010
excellent psychiatrist
I am sad to say Dr. Yahya and a few other psychiatrists have left the VA because of the work conditions. She was an excellent, caring doctor, who didn't believe in pushing medications. She helped me and a lot of other veterans and we miss her.

January 17th, 2010
Do not use this Doctor!!
I would absolutely NOT recommend Dr. Sofia S Yahya to anyone for any type of treatment. My appointment with Dr. Yahya, for very serious mental health issues, was a nightmare. I felt worse after speaking to her for barely 5 minutes. Dr. Yahya expressed avidly that she was pressed for time and had maybe 5-10 minutes to talk with me about my issues. I never in my life expected a psychiatrist to treat people as poorly as I was treated by Dr. Sofia Yahya. It is really hard to reach out for help, and even harder when you finally do and are treated with such disrespect. I hope she never treats another veteran with issues more severe than mine because I fear that shortly after leaving their appointment they would be in danger of taking their own life or someone else's. I'm writing this review because I feel like this experience needed to be brought to the attention of anyone who is or would consider treatment by Dr Sofia S. Yahya. Hopefully this post will help anyone seeking medical treatment to not make the same mistake I did by seeing her.

October 25th, 2014