Dr. Sohaib Kureshi, MD
Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Best neurosurgeon in Southern California show details Best neurosurgeon in Southern California
Oct 28th, 2014

Amazing back surgeon! Great bedside manner, amazing technical surgeon. Would highly recommend to anyone with back pain needing surgery.

staff is rude show details staff is rude
Apr 25th, 2013

I would fire his staff not nice people jerked me around for 3 months then when I finally got to see doctor staff was rude I told office manager this she did not like thatt these people think they are better than us I would not use anybody from this office

I'm happy show details I'm happy
by Jerry S. on Feb 21st, 2013

Dr. Kureshi very patiently explained about my back problems and in detail what the operation would be like. He discussed all of the risks with me so that I could easily decide to go through with the operation. I read oterr reviews which were very negative about his staff, especially Tori Rocha. I definitely do not agree, she was both professional and kind to me.

Unsurpassed Spine Surgeon show details Unsurpassed Spine Surgeon
by Dr. Steve Laverson on Feb 16th, 2013

Dr. Kureshi is a superior spine surgeon. What happens in the operating room is what counts in your long term health and well being. Your surgeon's judgment, technical skill, knowledge of anatomy and pathology, ability to understand the impact of various treatment choices on outcomes and your lifestyle, as well as his or her ethical foundation. In these respects, Dr. Kureshi is unsurpassed. He took fantastic care of a close family member of mine, and got her out of a difficult situation. You'll not find better. Steve Laverson, MD, FACS

Office Staff Tori Rocha show details Office Staff Tori Rocha
Aug 22nd, 2012

The office staff should be fired. Tori is rude unresponsive, never answers her phone nor returns phone calls.

Jun 22nd, 2012

Office Staff is rude, they never get back to you. Tori needs to be replaced

Wonderful Demeanor : Business Acumen ehh not so much show details Wonderful Demeanor : Business Acumen ehh not so much
Aug 11th, 2011

Ok, I have issues with my spine. After my first visit, his staff lost the transcriptions, so I had to do another. OK, fine, stuff happens. He was very easy to talk to, and could easily talk to me at my level of comprehension, and seemed willing to explain everything and take as much time as required. He gave me realistic odds of success. After my surgery, he went on vacation, before I got out of the recovery room, and I didn't see him again for 5 days, though his associates did follow up with me. These issues seem very minor, when factored in with his demeanor. He is very likable, and I am comfortable with him, and his level of skill. He is still my doctor, and is going to do the next surgery.

Don't go to this office! show details Don't go to this office!
May 18th, 2011

Tori the front office girl is an absolute idiot. Showed up for an appointment and she said I wasn't on the schedule. No explanation or apology. Rescheduled me and then was rude to me about my complaining of their scheduling. Never actually saw the doctor because I couldn't get past the front office!

2nd cervical surgery show details 2nd cervical surgery
Jan 31st, 2011

I liked Dr Kureshi. Seems to know his stuff and trusted him enough to open up my neck and insert 2 rods and 6 screws. I however do not like his office staff. That is all I am going to say about that. But great Dr!

Well educated and fantastic neurosurgeon show details Well educated and fantastic neurosurgeon
Nov 18th, 2010

I have had 2 prior cervical discectomy with fusion surgeries (both done in different states). The surgery done by Dr. Kureshi was a revision of both my prior surgeries, (C4-C6 with re-fusion, removal of cage, and new instrumentation). Not only do I feel that he did a fantastic job, he did everything possible to keep my pain at a minimum, which is more than I can say for both of my prior neurosurgeons. My pre-surgical pains have ceased,(i.e. daily migraines, arm numbness/tingling, shoulder pain), and I've healed very well. I would recommend Dr. Kureshi to anyone looking for a neurosurgeon and will use him again should the need arise. His staff and nurse are great! I have no complaints whatsoever!

Nov 17th, 2010

Receptionist and Office Assistant?? are very unconcerned, indifferent, almost to the point of being rude. Doctor also was not "caring" at all........

Ms. show details Ms.
Oct 26th, 2010

Patient abandonment during post surgery treatment do to insurance provider change. Dr. refused follow up treatment. New insurance requires no referrals.

Showmanship show details Showmanship
Sep 4th, 2009

>> His showmanship is excellent. What he does to my mom is perfectly amazing. In behalf of my family we thank you very much .

Did not diagnois non fused disk quick enough show details Did not diagnois non fused disk quick enough
Aug 27th, 2009

Had surgery. Disk fusion on neck. It did not fuse. he did a very bad job in diagnosing it and found out it was not fused only after I complained of severe pain for 8 months and demanded xrays and mri. Did not seem to care much and told me have another surgery hope it fuses the second time around. Made my injury actually worse.

Highest rated show details Highest rated
by JL Koontz on Aug 4th, 2009

Dr. Kureshi did two surgeries on my neck/spine so he was a big part of my life for several years. He always took as much time as I needed to answer my questions, he welcomed my family and their questions, he was open to discussing treatment options, and he was honest and forthright in his advice. In my first appointment, I went in determined to do anything but have surgery. He spent 45 minutes with me explaining my options (limited as they were). He was available and responsive throughout my treatment and he allowed me to partner with him in my care. He delivered what he promised and wouldn't promise what he couldn't deliver. Under his care, I received the care and medications I needed, as well as the physical therapy and long term follow-up.