General Practitioners, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Radiologist, Surgical Specialist

2801 K St
Ste 310
Sacramento, CA 95816
916-454-6677
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  Unethical treatment of this patient  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2013

Payvandi is a HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!! Does not care about you at all!! I'm in pain, alot of it, Got a cortizone shot, made it worse, Caused pain that I didn't have before. Doctor says "ohh well bad news your not a candidate for surgery. Therefore I can not help you". He released me back to work full duty. I cant even brush my hair let alone do my job. I said but I cant work his exact words were" I don't care". At this point I started to cry, Said what am I suppose to do. He said again that he didn't care but if I wanted I could get a second opinion. But would not recommend a Doctor or anyone I could see to figure out whats causing my pain. This guy isn't interested in helping anyone. He is rude, and at one point even told me he liked hurting people. I thought it was a joke as he was about to stick me with a very large needle. I guess he wasnt kidding. So much for patient care. The staff is nice, no idea how they put up with this jerk.

|  Worst Referral Ever  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2013

By far the worst doctor i have ever seen. Doesn't care about his patients. Doesnt listen to you. Put me back on full duty even though I am injured and when explained I couldnt work after I tried, he wouldnt listen and said not my problem. Doesnt wear gloves when admistering medication with needles and uses his mouth to take off the needle caps. Very dirty. If you want a wrong diagnosis and someone acting like a d-bag to you, see this quack.

Jul 9th, 2013

I had a left de Quervain release about 4 weeks ago and I'm almost back to normal. I had absolutely no pain related to surgery afterwards and did not have to take any pain medication. Work release for two weeks although I could have gone back earlier. Throughout the experience, Dr. Payvandi monitored my progress closely starting the day after the procedure when he called to see how I was doing. I highly recommend Dr. Payvandi.

Jun 24th, 2013

Does not like people ! Only cares about what insurance you have private or disability . Royalty or 1 5min. follow up and release back to full duty. If you are looking for a real Dr. keep looking cuz he is not.

|  Great experience!  |  show details
May 15th, 2013

I saw Dr. Payvandi for the first time this morning. I'm a WC patient and was ready from all the negative feedback I had read. I was taken in within 5 minutes of arriving, had X-rays done, blood pressure checked, and entered into the system within 10 minutes by his courteous staff. Dr. Payvandi arrived almost immediately. He shook my hand, introduced himself, asked me for a history of my injury, confirmed the diagnosis and we were ready to talk about options. He asked how I felt and what I think I might want. I asked for his opinion, which he gave. We agreed on surgery. He thoroughly explained what he would do, how long it would take and and discussed any work related issues. He then said he would call me once he received approval from my WC adjustor. He asked if I had any other questions, shook my hand and said he would talk to me soon. My experience with Dr. Payvandi was very good. I'm glad he will be monitoring my care.

May 13th, 2013

Save yourself a misery. Stay away from this doctor. He has no compassion with his patient whatsoever. A total arrogant doctor!

|  I love Dr Payvandi  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

Fantastic. All the bad reviews seem to come from workers compensation patients. I really had a great experience.

Apr 3rd, 2013

I would not recommend !! I guess work mans comp doesn't pay enough to get the red carpet treatment?

Oct 15th, 2012

Doctor was full of attitude, rushed, and unpleasant.

|  To all the fakers.....  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

I had an injury at work. A few people from my company have been to dr. Payvandi and really liked him. I read the reviews when I was referred. I was concerned, but went anyway. I had none of the problems that others seem to have? I'm not sure what the difference is. I guess I had no problem actually going back to work after my surgery. My hand is better than ever! Thank you Dr Payvandi.

Oct 3rd, 2012

Payvandi only wanted to collect a check from the State and ensure that the insurance company would send him more work.I often wonder that if all he did on me was cut me open and close me up.He was rude,didnt explain anything very well and blew me off once the surgeries were done.He sent me back to work when my condition was still unchanged from the original problem.I am now seeing a compassionate doctor who actually shares my opinion of Payvandi.He should quit being a doctor and get work with the IRS.

|  Read This Review, It's From an Honest Patient  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

The negative reviews seem to either be by the same person or several bitter people trying to get extensions on workers comp issues. This doctor treated my 5 yr old son's mutilated finger with the most caring, gentle touch 2 yrs ago. He's knowledgable, professional, and always courteous. I recently broke my hand and requested Dr. Payvandi because I trust him and his treatment plan. He made such a great impression on my son, even 2 yrs later he still talks about what a "super nice doctor" he is. I have complete trust in him and his staff is wonderful as well. His receptionist Heather is professional, friendly, and very easy to work with.

|  he's not a supporter of worker's comp patients  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2012

Dr. Payvandi performed my carnal tunnel and de Quervain release surgery Oct 2011. I experienced some relief for a while, but after he released me to full duty in December, the pain, tingling, numbness reoccured . Since it worker's comp issue, I had to have s QME exam. The exam was done in May 2012 and the physician agreed I needed to be reevaluated. I wentt back to Payvandi in July and after less than 5 minutes of asking questions and talking over my answers he determined the trouble was now in my neck! He has disregarded all actions in the report. Going to another doctor now.

|  Finally got a diagnosis  |  show details
May 6th, 2012

Thank you!

|  Best hand surgeon in Sacramento  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

Very down to earth and easy to get along with.

|  public warning  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

this is a warning about Dr. payvandi how he is predjudice against workers comp patients wife had carpal tunnel surgery along with cubital surgery 8 days post op this Dr. is very inconsiderate about patient pain management,wife is still under severe pain with swelling, Dr's name is Soheil payvandi from sutter general hospital avoid this Dr.

Apr 1st, 2012

I had read some negative things about Dr. Payvandi's bedside manner and ignored them...my mistake. First appointment was pleasant. After my surgery it was all down hill. Totally ignored me, never actually told me the details of the procedure, and when I complained of complications, he dismissed them never even examining my arm/incision. I ended up switching doctors and now that I have I've heard multiple stories of others doing the same. Stay away!

|  A Horrible Doctor  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2012

This was the worst experience I have ever had! I don't know why people still come to him for treatment. I have major pain in my left wrist, palm of my hand with some numbness. I hurt myself lifting boxes at work. He told me that he doesn't know what is wrong with me and that I was exaggerating my pain. Then he suggested a shot, but said that might not help. What really made me livid is that when he asked me to squeeze this instrument that shows my strength he says, " My 3 year old can squeeze harder than that." Then he asked me to make a fist and he said, "Make a fist, I said I am, then he says you aren't trying hard enough." I'm 40 years old and to be treated this way is appalling. Just because I'm on workers comp. doesn't mean that I should be treated this way. He acted like I was faking it to stay on workers comp. Never again will I go to him and I suggest others should't as well.

May 11th, 2011

excessively rude and uncaring. very snide, lowest level of professionalism i've ever seen in a physician in my 55 years. vulgar language, argumentative, speaksa to patients in a demeaning fashion. would never recommend him.

|  Horrible, No bedside manner at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

I had a horrible experience with him. He is completely unprofessional and rude! I have never met anyone like him. He doesn't care about his patients. I have never been treated so badly by a physician. He didn't care about my previous injuries or the reason why I was there, nor the pain I am experiencing.

|  terrible outcome  |  show details
by Erika on Nov 19th, 2010

this Doctor stated my carpal tunnel was mild, and missdiagnosed me with tendonitis. 1 and a half months after my condition worsened. I am now seeing a new had specialist, who cares about my recovery.