A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Somasundaram Jayabose:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Somasundaram Jayabose is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Somasundaram Jayabose, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Megakaryoblastic Leukemia
- Central Nervous System Cancer (CNS Neoplasm)
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Down Syndrome
- Hodgkin Disease
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Kidney Cancer
- Residual Cancer
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Wilms Tumor
Education & Awards
Dr. Jayabose graduated from Madurai Medical College. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Jayabose has 15 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
- Westchester Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Jayabose accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Anthem - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 4 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Unicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Somasundaram Jayabose practice?
Dr. Somasundaram Jayabose practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, and Pediatric Hematology near Hawthorne, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bronx, NY and Poughkeepsie, NY.
See Hawthorne Pediatricians and Hawthorne Pediatric Specialists.