Dr. Sonal Gupta MD Patient Reviews

3.8

February 19th, 2017
In a rush and has her agenda
She talks over me. I asked her for something for my knee pain and she said Tylenol - Then she went off about alcohol use. I said 1-2 glasses of wine a month. She said anything over 1 glass at a time is considered high risk behavior for alcoholic dementia and neuropathy. Finally she showed me how to do a breast exam as if I had never learned how. I'm in my 50s. She comes in with her plan on what she wants to cover and her appointments are shorter than the time you are there to wait for her.

April 26th, 2016
Best PCP I've every had
Dr. Gupta is a real partner in my health. I feel cared for, supported and challenged. I would strongly recommend Dr. Gupta with warmth and without hesitation.

August 22nd, 2012
Dr. Gupta is very thorough and professional. She is a great motivator and provides excellent advice. She teaches her patients about their health issues so they can better understand how to improve their health.

October 28th, 2011
she's the best doctor i've ever had. tops in bedside manner and you feel that she really cares. her nurse is average but she is incredible. i recommend her highly.

April 1st, 2011
rating of doctor
She is a very caring doctor. She wants the best for her patients.If you are health conscientious,she really likes you as a patient. If you are not health concientious, you will encourage you to be.

March 26th, 2011
Best Doctor I have ever had...She is very smart!
I started going to Dr. Gupta approx 5 years ago. I referred my husband to her and my sister. We all LOVE her and think she is the most knowledgeable Dr we have ever had. She takes her job very seriously, goes over lab results in great detail with you, and makes lifestyle recommendations before prescribing medication for certain conditions. My husband, who is approaching 40, also likes that she has small fingers (a requirement of his). If you want a Dr. who knows what they are doing and not just someone who prescribes drugs at your request, she is the one for you.

August 4th, 2010
Finally someone who listens and understands
Like another reviewer, Dr Gupta did change my meds that I had been on for so long -- but she changed them to generics that I finally could afford! No one else ever cared about the cost of what they prescribed. She has motivated me to exercise and eat better, and I have lost more than 60 lbs in the last year. She has helped changed my life. My whole family is seeing her now, she is so great.

May 25th, 2010
Very caring attitude, but always seemed to be in a hurry to get out and move on to the next patient often before I'd had a chance to express all of my concerns or before we came up with a comprehensive plan of care. I was often waiting for her longer than the appointment itself lasted (you may get into the patient room within 15 minutes, but it just ends up being another place for you to wait- I was in the patient room of an hour once before anyone came by)! Very difficult to get a hold of her for anything other than an appointment. When faced with a difficult diagnosis, she gave up easily and focused on finding the easiest solution or sending you to someone else. She guesses a lot rather than actually doing diagnostic tests which I'm sure generally works for her, but she was wrong time and a again- It's been over three months, I still don't know what's wrong with me and she is completely unconcerned- cannot be bothered to even return my phone calls and instead has her nurse do it eventually and all she can do is set up another appointment. I've never had so many appointments in which absolutely nothing was accomplished- I felt like I was paying her just to meet with me and discuss what my other doctors were doing! So pointless and way too expensive. I'm done with her.

April 2nd, 2010
the best I have seen
I am not sure if the last two reviewers are seeing the same Dr Gupta. I have been a diabetic for over 10 years and she is the first of many doctors that has actually taken the time to understand what has been going on in my life that has affected my health and is working with me to find solutions.

March 8th, 2010
Don't Bother
Agree with former reviewer: uncompassionate, rude nurse, doesn't seem to care about you as an individual. Also tried to switch all my medication around after 10 years of success on all my previous meds.

October 6th, 2009
Unresponsive, uncaring, not compassionate. DO NOT recommend this doctor of you need more than an aspirin.

February 4th, 2009
Very thorough and caring doctor. Does not rush. Makes sure you understand.