Dr. Sonia Kupfer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sonia Kupfer?

Posted on September 29th, 2012

Wonderful and caring doctor. Would highly recommend.

Excellent doctor

Posted on July 17th, 2012

Dr. Kupfer is a fantastic physician...very caring and listens. She helped me clarify my diagnosis and get me on the path to feeling better. I would highly recommend her!

Uncaring Doctor

Posted on July 7th, 2012

Would never go back or recommend her for anyone to go to.

great doctor

Posted on February 27th, 2012

Dr Kupfer is a very knowledgeable doctor.Before seeing dr Kupfer, I went to many doctors who could not find a cure for my medical problem. She performed a thorough investigation and found the cure.Thank you Dr Kupfer

Posted on September 15th, 2011

Very caring physician. Easy to communicate with. Would highly recommend.

Bad Experience

Posted on October 20th, 2009

Overall Experience: 1 out of 4. Never again.Office staff: Great. Quick, attentive, professional, courteous.Nurse: Fantastic. Very caring, bubbley, chatted and listened.Doctor: Horrible.Bedside Manner: She was a beautiful woman, if a bit stand-offish, dressed very professionally yet attractively. I felt as though I were a number and not a patient. I also got the impression that she was superior.Listening: She was very polite, but didn't listen to anything I had to say, and although I was there for (severe) GI problems, she asked nothing about my GI. Her questions were pointed at my education and well-being; things such as "Do you feel depressed?", "Where did you go to school?", "Did you enjoy school?" I see that she is affiliated with the New York State Psychiatric Institute, which explains why she asked me so many questions about my schooling and mood, but I still fail to see what that had to do with my GI problems.Diagnoses: She then went through a bunch of diseases, which she said "were extreamely rare", but then said "You probably don't have any of them because when I diagnosed someone with them, it almost always turned out to be something else."Treatment: She wanted me to try 2 medications, but would not proscribe either of them and wanted my other referring gastro to order them.Further Testing: She wanted them, but again would not order them and wanted them to be ordered through (my) other doctors.What Surprised Me the Most? I have had what the ER nurses say is Level 10 pain with the GI episodes I have been having, and Dr. Kupfer felt that this pain could be eliminated by heating pads and changing positions. Both of which I had already done (as well as trying ice), and which did nothing to bring down the pain.To Conclude: Dr. Kupfer is relatively new to the gastro field (4 years), and I'm sure as her skills and knowledge improve over time she will develop into a very capable Doctor.My impressions are my own, which is not to say that she isn't a wonderful doctor to another patient, but I would not refer her to anyone, but should you decide to see her, I truly hope that I have misjudged her and that your experience is far better than mine was.All my specialists and doctors I've seen or had get along with me quite well, and I rarely have met a doctor I didn't get along with or take a liking to.I am thankful that Dr. Kupfer was willing to see me so soon, otherwise I would've been stuck waiting for months.Perhaps I caught her on a bad day?

Posted on October 27th, 2017