Dr. Sonia Salgado Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sonia Salgado?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Sonia Salgado?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 4th, 2015

The best Doctor!

Many year ago, Dr. Salgado found that I have 3 frybroid, she recomended and specialist. After six month a got pregnant with my first kids, she was very kind all the time and ready to answer all the question that always has every single appt. with her. I had a C Section and she was the one available to do it. I was so scare first pregnancy and C section. She was excellent doing her job and very professional. Attention for me and even with my husband was excellent. Last year 2014 2nd pregnancy , this time we decide to make my due date with her. She was the one to see and carry our two babies for first time. She is the best OB in Alexandria VA. I recommend her as a Doctor. Excellent Doctor!

March 5th, 2015

Office staff terrible

I have had a good experience with Dr. Salgado. She answers all of my questions, makes me feel comfortable, and it very thorough; however, the office staff are rude, unorganized, and appear annoyed by any questions. When I was asking questions about what would be done at my first prenatal visit, the lady said I would have to talk to the doctor, when I asked if a specific test would be covered by my insurance, she said she didn't know and I would also need to discuss my options with the doctor. I finally said well maybe I need to speak to a nurse before I come in so i can call my insurance, and she took a deep breath and quietly said, oh my gosh. When I said im sorry, are my questions annoying you, she denied saying anything or being annoyed. I once called to confirm the time of my appointment and they swore up and down for 15 min that they had no record of my appointment. When I said I'm 8 weeks and really need to be seen for my appointment they weren't apologetic or concerned with the mistake, they continued to say well no one here says they talked to you so we'll check and see if we can fit you in but it's going to be hard to do. Eventually, they called back and said oh sorry, we have you here for a 12:30 appointment. Total chaos over there. I already have an appointment with a new office but I just have to wait until next week for my appointment. Like I said, dr. Salgado is a good doctor, but her office is not high quality.

February 11th, 2015

I wouldn't recommend this place at all. My doctor was Sonia Salgado. First appointment went ok, even though, she did few exams on me which she said my insurance will cover, it never did and I end paying for them... Second appointment , she made me wait 15 minutes outside, inside her office 45 min. more. Why??? She wasn't ready, her assistant never found my medical records. That's the reason she gave me ... When the results of the tests she made on me came, and she told me I need more vitamin D.... I asked her what did she suggests me to get in order to have more vitamin D ? her answer was..."Google it". Can you believe a doctor answers like that??? She referred me to an specialist for my fibroids, I went there (they are pretty good), maybe the best thing she did. On the third appointment with her, when I asked her regarding my fibroids , her answer was...." we will see that later, is not important now, it's too early, plus I have other patients waiting for me outside", she was very rude. On top of that... she told me "next time ask more questions to the specialist, your insurance pays them a lot", like if she doesn't make enough money with me. This is not the type of service we deserve. This is the worst experience I had.

August 15th, 2013

I identify with the bad reviews written for Dr. Salgado. She also was annoyed with me when I asked her questions. I waited 30 min for her and she gave me at the most 5 minutes. I was asking her about prenatal vitamins and she left the room and sent a nurse with a bag of samples. I asked where the doctor was since I had questions for her. She had already left to see another patient. She didn't even ask how I was feeling. When I saw her in the hallway and asked her in the room she answered my personal questions with the room door wide open. She was tapping her nails on the door, she didn't even want to listen to me. She made a very obvious face indicating how upset she was that I was asking her questions. Hellooooo!!!!! What is she there for?!?!?! Seriously! Worst experience I've had with a doctor here in Virginia. I will never return to be treated like crap the way she treated me.

November 5th, 2012

She canceled my appointment 3 times. Never read my record before my exam, she had no idea what my issues were. Every time I saw her I had to explain everything all over again. I would not recommend her at all! My dog's vet has a better grasp on her health issues than Dr. Salgado did on mine!

June 5th, 2012

DO NOT GO TO DR. SONIA SALGADO OR PHYSICIANS FOR WOMEN

I took a chance on this doctor but cannot in good conscience leave my experience unshared. Medicine has become, in the last 20 years or so, more of a business than a caring profession. So, since this is a business to them, I'm going to provide feedback with that prism.1. She's not terribly communicative when having a consult. If you're not willing to LISTEN TO YOUR CLIENTS, why should they return?2. You get the sense that she doesn't want to be in there with you, listening to your concerns. If you don't care, why should the client come back to you?3. Her staff seem friendly enough at first but then they NEVER call you back. Even the attending nurse didn't call me back to answer my medical question. If you're only as good as the customer service your staff provides, and the ones at Physicians for Women do not return calls (EVER), why should the client return?4. To try to go back in and see the doctor to go over the results of my pelvic sonograms (fibroids) I was going to have to wait OVER A MONTH to see her. In that time I saw two other doctors and will have the surgery done to remove the fibroids. If you don't care that you're going to lose clients, why shouldn't others know about your attitude so that they can avoid you all together?5. The practice she's at (Physicians for Women) allows her to continue with an uncaring, unresponsive approach to her patients or clients, since this is a business. If the business is not customer focused, why should customers return?Why would you pay good money to be ignored and maltreated when doctors are a dime a dozen?Save yourself the wasted time from work, the co-payments, and insurance costs. Go elsewhere. Dr. Sonia Salgado has gotten bad reviews when she was at other practices as well. Her credentials seem impressive on paper. In reality, she's insupportable.DO NOT GO SEE DR. SONIA SALGADO. AND IF PHYSICIAN'S FOR WOMEN ALLOW THIS, YOU SHOULD AVOID THE PRACTICE COMPLETELY.

December 21st, 2011

Excellent Doctor

Dr.Salgado was wonderful. She was sweet and polite and made me feel very comfortable. She answered all of my questions and was patient with me. She did an excellent job and the exam was as comfortable as it could be. I intend to see her for yearly checkups.

September 24th, 2010

A painful, cold experience

I went to Dr. Salgado after my regular GYN left the practice. She was very short and cold with me. The exam and pap smear she performed on me was very painful and left me spotting for 3 days. When I flinched during the exam. She told me that it shouldn't hurt and to hold still. I was trying to keep from crying the entire time. As soon as she was done she practically ran out of the room. I had to call out after her to come back because I needed to get a birth control prescription (I had indicated this when I made the appointment and also on the form I filled out when I checked in). she acted annoyed I was taking up her time and asked what brand I wanted. I told her I didn't know and was hoping she would help me figure out what the best fit for me was. She tossed me some free samples without asking anything about me, my situation, other medications, or health history and walked out. I left feeling humiliated and violated. I will never go back.

September 28th, 2015