Dr. Sonja Hughes MD Patient Reviews

3.6

December 7th, 2016
I requested to become a patient of Dr. Hughes when I was seeing Dr. Housk (same Integris network) and did not enjoy his "bedside manner". She was very welcoming and easy to talk to. I felt like she listened to me and answered any and all questions that I had without feeling rushed. Her staff has been pleasant to communicate with and the office and waiting areas are always very clean and comfortable. I ma happy with my decision to change gynecologist

April 1st, 2016
Just a Great women

November 26th, 2012
I do NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. Very ruff with me and I had a miscarriage and she was not comforting at all, she just gave me paper work and sent me on my way. She even got mad when I asked to have a second ultrasound before the miscarriage. She doesn't let no one (like nurses) in the room while she checks you, which I thought was weird. Every other doctor I had always had someone else in the room, while they did a physical check. One of the worst experiences of my life!!!

April 11th, 2012
Dr. Hughes was amazing!
After a horrible experience with the man dr i used for my son, i went with Dr. Hughes for my daughters delivery.She took such good care of me during the pregnancy and after the delivery. She spent extra time with us at the hospital when my daughter was in the nicu for breathing issues. She went above and beyond and I am so thankful for her!!

August 24th, 2011
Dr. Hughes has been my obgyn for more then 8yrs, delivered 2 of my children and is now caring for me during this high risk pregnancy. She and her staff have always been kind, caring and promp on understanding me as a person and my needs as a patient. I am very lucky to have such a great doctor!!!

March 28th, 2011
Two month wait to see her
Decided I needed a doctor now, not in the far future.....Glad I went with my gut feeling. I was needing surgery, not delivering a baby. I don't like Doctors who you are just a number never a patient.

October 28th, 2010
Bedside manner a concern
Dr. Hughes' bedside manner is to be desired. This is a service -driven industry and along the way she has forgotten this. Instead, she exudes an air of arrogance, which translates into a "know it all attitude" and failure to listen. I am a diabetic who successfully delivered 4 babies. Under her care for my 5th, she pushed metformin after I insisted that it made me sick with minimal effect. Subsequently, when I reported my high glucose levels, it became my fault and "I have failed" (her words). Had she cared to listen and look at my history it would have become apparent. The trust and relationship was damaged. The end conclusion was me finding a doctor that puts my concerns in the forefront.