Dr. Sonya Ahmed MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery San Diego, CA

December 8th, 2016
5th Metatarsal
Dr. Ahmed was nothing but exceptional! I had unfortunately suffered from a Jones fracture, which is a fracture on the 5th metatarsal and it required surgery. Dr. Ahmed gave every direction direct with that tough love sort of like a mom just looking out for you is how I felt. Dr Ahmed definately knows what she is doing and is so confident in her work. She replies fast to email and always gives you a response on what to do next. If anyone has any type of foot or ankle injury I would definitely recommend going to see her. She is amazing and so is her staff!!

September 29th, 2016
Patient
Unbelievable!! She is nothing short of a walking miracle. She was amazing not only in surgery but my follow up as well. I was extremely lucky to have the opportunity to have her and her staff work on me. I would gladly explain my experience with anyone that has any doubts. I feel horrible cause I can't remember everyone on her crew. I believe one was Dr Dobson? He set my ankle. Amazing as well!! I'm drawing a blank on the third Dr that was on my surgery. Awesome as well. All three check on me on my perop. Can't say enough about Dr Ahmed and her crew. If you don't go with her good luck.

September 7th, 2016
not to through
Dr just wanted to give blood platelet shots to my husband for his injured ankle ... which you have pay for with cash up front... Insurance does not cover because it does not work ........

March 4th, 2016
Dr. Ahmed is EXCEPTIONAL!
Dr. Ahmed treated my teensge son for a serious Lysfranc foot injury which involved two separate surgeries. We could not have wished for a more exceptional surgeon. She is a very professional and confident about her work yet very caring and compassionate about her patients. Dr. Ahmed as well as her entire staff -- from the front office to the physician assistants and X-Ray technicians -- are top notch professionals.

January 24th, 2016
DR AHMED EXTRAORDINARY
Dr Ahmed listens to your concerns, clearly explains the diagnosis and recommended treatment. She kept my family updated throughout a 5-hour foot surgery and provided the best care possible. Extraordinary ability to care for patients and I highly recommend her!

January 13th, 2016
Highly Recommended.

January 13th, 2016
After an extensive search for a Foot and Ankle Specialist, I scheduled my first appointment with Dr. Ahmed at UCSD for a flat foot that had gotten progressively worse over the years. I am a marathon runner and triathlete, and the years of mileage on my foot had finally progressed to a point where surgery was required. Not only is Dr. Ahmed an exceptional surgeon, she can relate to sports related issues and her staff is extremely professional and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Ahmed and her team.

December 22nd, 2015
Grateful patient
Dr. Ahmed told me at the outset that she discovered early on that she had a "knack" for foot and ankle orthopedic issues. I found that she has more than that, she is close to being a miracle worker. She is very intuitive in her skill; combined with the science of her profession and a phenomenal dedication to her practice, she saved me from an amputation! Simply put, she applied her skills and did what others did not know to do in my case and did it quickly! I am no less than amazed and extremely appreciative of her talent! Thanks, Dr. Ahmed!

November 10th, 2015
#1 foot and ankle surgeon
Dr. Ahmed is the best foot and ankle surgeon in San Diego! She is an athlete who understands common frustrations and injuries among athletes. Shes the only one I trust to operate on me. My surgery went great and I'm back to my normal activities. :-) thanks Dr. Ahmed for everything

February 3rd, 2015
I feel that I have found a team that works very well together. From Dr. Ahmed to the P.A. , Anesthesiologists, OR staff to the to the office. This is the 6th surgery on my foot & the first by Dr. Ahmed. I don't think anything could have gone any smoother. I appreciate the knowledge & forethought that went into planning , executing the surgery & after care.

April 19th, 2011
Patient
Other review not true. Just search the internet. Best doctor I have been to and explained my problem better than anyone.

April 19th, 2011
Rushed, doesnt care about her patients. Keep cancelling my appointments. Long waits and she is rude