Dr. Sonya Jones MD, BS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 16th, 2012
Confrontational and Rude
Before my appointment with her, the receptionist handed me a sheet that listed my rights as a patient, which included requesting that Dr. Jones informs me whenever she shares my medical information with a third party. So, I requested that she do that, thinking that it is a pretty normal thing to want to know who has knowledge of my medical information. Dr. Jones, however, became defensive, saying a number of times that she "just wouldn't be comfortable with that" and belittled me by telling me that practically "nobody makes this request." When I asked further into the issue, she canceled our appointment on the spot and dismissed me from the waiting room. I was appalled. Before leaving, I asked why they even hand me a sheet telling me my rights if they are just going to deny them, to which she responded, "I really don't have to answer that question." Her defensiveness makes me wonder whose hands her patients' medical records end up in, and her condescending arrogance makes me wonder how she is still practicing. Stay away from this one.

October 30th, 2014