Dr. Sonya Merrill Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sonya Merrill?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Sonya Merrill?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 5th, 2017

Best Sleep Doc

Been going to sleep docs since mid 1990's. She is the best by far. Understands circadian rhythms, which the pulmonary only guys do not seem to get. A+ for Dr. M

April 30th, 2015

one of the best doctors I have ever had, and I have had a lot!

May 11th, 2014

She found a long sought after solution for me.

I have been to 5 previous doctors specializing in sleep. I had insomnia, sleep apnea and had no success in getting the answers to my problems. I have serious heart problems and sleep is essential in keeping anyone well, but is especially serious for me. She was very pleasant, goes over all your medical history, adjusted medication to help me over my issues and told me all the side affects and pros and cons of each one. She was very careful not to prescribe me anything to cause me more problems with my health problems. She did not give up on me and knew I had a tough time using the CPAP and masks. It was her caring, concern and experience that helped me find a solution. At times, I still have insomnia and problems sleeping, but I'm 90% improved from where I was before I walked through her door. She's highly regarded by other physicians and they send their most difficult patients to her because they know they can trust her to find the best solution. Unlike the negative review I read, I found that my experience with Dr. Merrill to be one of the most pleasant and beneficial visits to a doctor in my 63 years.

July 12th, 2012

Worth the 4 month wait to get in!

I am VERY impressed with Dr. Merrill. Her schedule runs on time and she is very thorough. She has a great bedside manner and seems to genuinely care. She talked about the latest studies in sleep medicine vs. past beliefs, so she stays current in her specialty. Most of her recommendations were common sense: bedroom is for sleeping, not for watching tv etc., no stimulating activity before bed, no caffeine after lunch, go to bed and wake up with as much regularity as possible, etc. She gave me my choice of sleeping medications to try first, talking about the pros and cons of each. Her follow-up was excellent and she made adjustments to my medications until we found what works for me. Her schedule stays booked for 4 months, or more, but she is worth the wait.

April 18th, 2011

I recommend Dr. Merrill

A friend of mine who has apnea gave me her information. I have insomnia.I think she is very caring and concerned for my well being. I dont understand the negative review provided. She has already helped me a great deal.It is difficult to get a quick confirmed appointment. However she does have a waiting list. The office person was very patient with me when she would call and offer me a spot I couldnt take due to my travel schedule.I would highly recommend her. I want my husband to follow up with her on his apnea as well. He saw a different sleep Dr.

February 28th, 2011

She treats my mother and I've sat in on the consult a couple of times. I was impressed at her fierce concern for my mother's overall welfare, far more than any physician I've ever seen. Concern for her whole treatment, not just her sleep problems. She is patient and thorough in the consult and takes the trouble to request and review med records from her other doctors. I would feel lucky to have a primary care doctor that showed that much concern.

October 3rd, 2010

She is very judgemental and negative. She gave me an innacurate diagnosis. I do not trust her. Please seek out a different physician. Do not waste your money. She is very cold and impersonal. She is a disgrace to the medical community. Information that she told me about my anatomy was wrong. My other physician verified this for me. She insults you and degrades you. It was the most horrible experience of my life. My physician told me to block out everything she told me. He proved to me that what she told me was wrong.

March 25th, 2010

Excellent Sleep Medcine Doctor

I hve had Sleep apnea for 10 years nd have seen several doctors during this time. Dr Merrill is the most thorough and the most knowledgeable that I have seen.

July 25th, 2008