Dr. Sonya Thompson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

July 10th, 2015
Bad experience
She was so rude to me because I was paying out of pocket I mean I went to her office with 2,000 in my purse just to make sure I can cover my bill but when she found out I was paying out of pocket she told me what she could and could not do base on the fact that I didn't have insurance. She was so rude and did not listen to my complaints she made me feel worse than before I went in there... She didn't do the proper exam I needed all she did was a unrine test and rushed me out the door worst experience I've ever had at a doctors office I was so sad I cried in my car because I knew I would have to go to another doctor and explain my pain all over again.

May 8th, 2015
Dr Thompson is absolutely FABULOUS!! She is very sensitive to her patient’s needs and she is a great doctor.

April 15th, 2014
Not Satisfied
I went to see Dr. Thompson after my mother raved about her and said how such a good doctor she was. I went there and had to wait longer than normal doctor's offices to be seen. Dr. Thompson was ok, she sent me for test and labs, and haven't heard from her since. I didn't get a call nor a letter concerning my results until I had to call to find out what was going on. After that some nurse/MA called and gave some broad disorder about I had. I was not told how to treat or how what cold be done! I knew no more than when I first went there! My mother then called back asking for Dr. Thompson to call with more specifics since the other person had none. I was then told I had to make an appt to for her to give me more information. What the crap?! I'm not worth a 5 min phone call? Instead I have to spend another 3hrs in that office for her to see me for 5 mins to say oh, I can order this prescription or that prescription when she could have done that over the phone. It's not like I had a serious condition where I actually had to go in to discuss multiple treatment plans. I will never return but instead go somewhere where the staff is more caring, knowledgeable, and not trying to force needless 3hr office visits!

March 23rd, 2012
Well pleased
I am writing this because several female aquantices have asked me about a GYN Dr. here in Ga. since I've lived here for almost 20 years and have been going to Dr. Thompson for just about that long. I feel very comfortable visiting and talking with her. She is very professional and friendly at the same time. She has always taken the time to speak with me one-on-one and I don't feel rushed during the visit. I usually wait no more than 15 minuetes during each visit which is good for a Dr.'s office. I always recommend her each and every time a female is looking for a good Dr. I hope this doesn't increase my wait time the next time I make my visit (smile).