A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sophia Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sophia Chen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sophia Chen, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from New York University. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Chen has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
- Eden Medical Center - San Leandro Hospital Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Shield of California - 11 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 4 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 8 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Unicare - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sophia T. Chen practice?
Dr. Sophia Chen practices Ophthalmology near Alameda, CA.
See Alameda Ophthalmologists.