Dr. Sophia Chen MD Patient Reviews

August 29th, 2015
not recommended

March 20th, 2015
GO ELSEWHERE!!!
Staff is horrible, disorganized when it comes to scheduling. You make appointments and they NEVER follow through and what is worse is they cancel your surgery the day of your surgery without any decency to let you know ahead of time. Dr. Chen cancels surgery when she feels like it. I WOULD NEVER recommend Dr. Chen and her office to anyone.

November 30th, 2014
she misdiagnosed me and didn't give me proper medication. GO ELSEWHERE!

March 15th, 2014
Poor surgery result
Dr Chen seems nice, but lack of necessary experience, resulting in poor surgery outcome. The staff are not well trained, thought they are are trying to help. If you want a Dr who is knowledgeable and can give you a good result, look some where else.

June 11th, 2012
Great docotor with good heart
Sophia Ma is my Mom's doctor and she is the best eye doctor I have ever met, I am glade my Mom treat by her.

July 18th, 2011
Getting an appointment can sometimes be hard. I guess if this is a popular doctor it would naturally be difficult to get an appointment :)The only negative thing I would say is that it is very difficult to get appointments especially on Thursdays.Otherwise Dr. Chen is excellent in every other way.

December 29th, 2010
Great experience! Caring staff!
I got there and was seen promptly. The doctor took the time to listen to my problems and made the correct diagnosis. I felt much better after taking the medicine. The staff gave me a sample and even took the trouble to call in the prescription for me. Everyone was friendly and courteous. Overall a very professional office!

September 27th, 2010
very bad clinic, got wose after visits
I had a bad eye infection after visiting them and I guess I know the reason why.There were few girls working there for Dr. Chen. The girl check me in act as technician, (probably unlicensed and just trained. She put eye drops on me before check ups. Those eye drops were used almost every patients and I think that was how I got the infection. Will never go there again as they worsen my problem and lead to another band new infection to my eyes. Not to say about the wait time, it was over 40 minutes for one time! Those girl staff were jokes! go to someone else if you still want your eyes

August 16th, 2010
Staff is HORRIBLE! They give you an appt. time and reminder card, and then don't put it in the appointment book. You show up, and NO appointment. They don't give phone messages to the doctor so Dr. Chen doesn't know to call you back. Dr. Chen is great-- if you ever get to see her. The two asian girls with long hair are useless. The worse. Terrible.

April 29th, 2010
The staff is knowledgeable, caring, and professional. The doctor took the time to explain everything to me. The office is bright and nicely maintained. overall a good experience!

March 16th, 2010
The receptionist is friendly and knowledgeable. she is trilingual in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. She made the older patients comfortable by speaking their native tongue. the doctor is thorough, caring, and knowledgeable.