Dr. Soroya Bacchus Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Soroya Bacchus?

July 14th, 2015

I really liked her at first, but I got increasingly less comfortable with her as time went on. She would make inappropriate comments about me (called me an idiot, but I couldn't tell if she was joking or not) and even about other patients of hers (called one of her patients "crazy"). She refused to diagnose me despite my asking her for an evaluation. She kept going back and forth on what "might" be wrong with me, yet still wouldn't agree to assess me. When I started feeling worse and I brought up the possibility of increasing some of my medication doses, she told me that I wasn't "actually" depressed at that time and then said that she wanted to start taking me OFF some of my medications instead -- even though the last time we tried that a few weeks prior, I became very unstable. I also wasn't a fan of her talk therapy. She didn't seem to listen to me a lot, and instead just wanted me to say what she expected of me, rather than letting me come to my own conclusions. I can see how other people might really love her, especially by all of the positive reviews she has, but I just feel that I had a more negative experience with her than anything else.

January 15th, 2015

Avoid

Callous, distorts symptoms to fit her biased diagnoses from week to week. Do not recommend.

September 3rd, 2013

Wonderful staff, friendly and comfortable office setting/environment. Dr. Bacchus was easy to work with and will help her patients in any way she can while in treatment with her. I advise all looking for a great doctor in the Santa Monica area please call her.

June 21st, 2012

I'M NO LONGER ANOREXIC!

I don't know if it's possible to put into words how much Dr. Bacchus has helped me. Working with her has genuinely been a life-changing experience. With her help I have treated my depression, my eating disorder, and learned how to speak up for myself and started a real healing journey towards determining the perfect form of me. I'm no longer suffering from Anorexia...My special thanks to this brilliant woman. I highly recommend!

June 20th, 2012

STRESS FREE! THANK YOU DR. BACCHUS

I can only begin by stating what a fantastic person Dr. Soroya Bacchus is. After surviving a horrible car accident where my sister died,getting a divorce, and moving across the country, all in a 2 month span, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to desperately talk to someone who can understand me and tell me how to heal what's inside me. Dr Bacchus was exactly what I was looking for. She is very easy to confer with and she completely understood my position and gave me useful tips and solutions to help cope with all the changes in my life. I just discovered I was dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.I definitely recommend her to anyone who is fighting with issues in their life.

June 15th, 2012

NO MORE SLEEPLESS NIGHT AND DEPRESSION...THANKS TO DR. BACCHUS!

I have been visiting Dr. Bacchus for a while now and I can state that she is a truly caring and an understanding Psychiatrist. I have been suffering from sleep disorder and depression after the birth of our daughter. Dr. Bacchus has assisted me to comprehend why I feel the way I do and has created a treatment solution for me that works like a charm. I am thoroughly impressed with Dr. Bacchus and her staff. I am a better person now thanks to her.

June 13th, 2012

UNDERSTANDABLE DR FOR MY BIPOLAR

I required some assistance with my bipolar disorder, I found Dr. Bacchus through the recommendation of a colleague. I must say Dr. Bacchus is actually amazing and quite understanding. Her diagnosis seemed right on the mark and she came up with an effectual treatment plan which helped me to cope with my bipolar mania and keep up with my life.

June 12th, 2012

EFFECTIVE DR. FOR ADDICTION

Dr. Bacchus and her staff are absolutely wonderful. I have always felt at home when visiting her office. She always treats me with the up-most respect. Her staff is very helpful, but above all Dr. Bacchus genuinely cares. She makes no judgment regarding my addiction and always lends an open ear to all my issues. I would recommend her to anyone who is suffering from an addiction problem.

June 8th, 2012

Dr. Bacchus is a great psychiatrist

She has been very helpful, direct and to the point, which I appreciate! Obviously good at what she does. Thanks a ton!!

June 5th, 2012

You are the best Dr. Bacchus

I really like Dr. Bacchus. She is an amazing psychiatrist and indeed has done a wonderful job in treating my problem of escalating anxiety. I feel much better now and it's all because of her :)

June 1st, 2012

A++ to DR. Bacchus

Dr. Bacchus is a very knowledgeable and friendly psychiatrist who listened and worked with my son to find the best treatment for his problem of ADHD. Her treatment plan worked wonders for my son and he is an overall better person now.

May 30th, 2012

Always there for me

Dr. Bacchus has always been there for me to help me through my addictions. From the first time I saw her, she was always professional and listened to my concerns. I've been coming here for quite some time now and I can see brighter days ahead, without drugs and alcohol. She has helped me get my job back on track, my family life under control and make me a happier and healthier person. Thank you Dr. Bacchus, for all you have done for me.