A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Soumitra Eachempati:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Soumitra Eachempati is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Soumitra Eachempati, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Abdominal Injuries
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Multiple Organ Failure
- Multiple Trauma
- Nonpenetrating Wounds
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (Sepsis)
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Eachempati graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Eachempati has 7 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Eachempati accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Soumitra R. Eachempati practice?
Dr. Soumitra Eachempati practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near New York, NY.
See New York Surgeons.