Dr. Soumitra Eachempati MD Patient Reviews

• Critical Care Medicine New York, NY

3.8

June 14th, 2016
Scheduled the appointment two weeks in advance. I showed up for the appointment, only to find out that I was not in the system. Apparently the receptionist that scheduled my appointment ran into an issue with verifying my insurance (she missed a letter in my insurance ID number) and admitted to "forgetting" to call me to tell me there was an issue, and went on vacation. The upside was that they were able to fit me in the schedule so I didn't have to make an extra trip. I waited over an hour before being seen, only to be assessed/probed by two med students, neither made me feel very comfortable about the visit. I finally met with the Dr. Eachempati, who spent about 5 minutes with me. All in all, the appointment took way much longer than expected or needed for a simple second opinion.

January 4th, 2009
Dr. Eachmpati operated on my mom removing a tumor from her pancreas saving her life. Another doctor had told us that the tumor was inoperable and that we should just make her as comfortable as posible bacause she could not be saved. My mother live another 6 years eventually succumbing to another terrible disease, Alzheimer's. She was 77 years old. Thanks Doc!