inactive

Sowmya Lakshminarayanan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

July 22nd, 2016
Very rude her way or no way don't listen

May 11th, 2016
Find Another Neurologist
Dismissive and rude, no discussion allowed. I'm well versed in my conditions, and the fact she refused to listen to the recommendation from one physician and the question of another tells me she isn't qualified to treat me or anyone with a similar condition.

November 18th, 2015
This doctor really cares about the patient she listens she explains everything in a way that a normal People can understand one of the best specialists I ever seen

February 6th, 2015
It's either her way or no way. No discussion tolerated.

December 16th, 2014
Worst physician I have ever dealt with
Very rude, and dangerously uninformed. Avoid at all costs.

March 16th, 2012
WARNING-see another neurologist
Key things to watch out for:1.Thoroughness2.Poor bedside manner3.Ego4.Lying to cover5. If you are worthy of disability, she will not back you up even if all your other doctors will.I went to see Dr. Lak when I was in the hospital for a sleep deprived EEG for seizures that I was having. Initially she came off as pleasent and made one diagnosis. After that I went to see her in the office. WOOO! Talk about jeykll and hyde. She got really nasty, blaming me as if it was my fault for the seizures, then she got nasty to my mother for trying to tell her to not be so rude. I lost my job, a chance to go to graqduate school, my ability to drive, I have memory loss, severe depression, severe anxiety, severe sleep deprivation, severe social anxiety disorder, OCD, and have massive mood swings. Prior to the seizures I had a work injusry on my lower back that never healed and another doctor wanted to fuse and I said no because of stories I have heard about it, I also have had a quarter of my stomach removed and recently I had 3 hernias (one the size of a basketbal and 2 the size of baseballs) fixed and the wound got infected 3 times and now I am on a wound vacuum. Even after my back injury I continued to work for 6 more years through the pain and everything doing a highly physical job full time, while going to college full time at the same time, then when the seizure issues began, it was all yanked from me. She knew all of this, that I am not a slacker, and I told her that I was just trying to get TEMPORARY ( 1 year)disability till a better course of action could be taken because after I lost my job I lost my insurance and went through my savings quickly. She looked directly at me and said, "You DO NOT have any disabilities, I do not give out disability."After all the treatments that we tried I was not getting any better. So, another neurologist sent me down to Thomas Jefferson. There I was diagnosed with PNES, Psychogenic Non-epileptic Seizure Disorder. So, in addition to the Myoclonic (the first diagnosis), I now have another type, but hey with all the items I previously listed wrong with me, I do not have a disability according to her.When I brought the new diagnosis to her attention, she said that is nothing new. She tried to say that the PNES was her original diagnosis. WOOOOO! AGAIN, it clearly states on the findings report from the sleep deprived EEG that she stated Myoclonic, PNES is not mentioned anywhere in the report! I know I have a copy of it.She is not very thorough when making a diagnosis. She has no people skills and does not care about you--you are a dollar sign. She is supposed to be the best epilepsy doc at the RHMC, if she is I do not even want to meet the worst. She breaks ethics by lying to her patients and trying to cover her mistakes--hey just admit when you are wrong. As far as disability, you might have a chance with her if you are a talking foot with eyes.By the way, with all that I have been through and all that I wrote, I forgot to mention something important. I am only 29 years old.

April 6th, 2009