A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Spencer Fung:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Spencer Fung is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fung
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fung Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Spencer Fung, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Fung graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla.
Dr. Fung has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - South San Francisco
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San Francisco
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Spencer Fung MD is a male Internist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Spencer Fung practice?
- Dr. Spencer Fung has 1 office location.
Dr. Spencer Fung practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Santa Clara, CA.
See Santa Clara Internists and Santa Clara Gastroenterologists.