Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Specialist

680 E. Main Street
Suite 202
Lehi, UT 84043
(801) 768-2755
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by ttbea on Jan 28th, 2014

I used to be seen by a pain management group in Ohio but recently moved to Utah. Utah was a strange place for pain management physicians--very different from what I was used to. It was hard to tell who was actually credentialed to practice pain medicine, who had been properly trained . . . it's like the wild west out here. Anyway, a friend had told me that Dr. Heaton had recently moved his practice to Utah from Arizona and that he had been trained at Johns Hopkins and was Board Certified to practice pain medicine (you would not believe how many "pain doctors" here in Utah aren't!) I went to see him, and I had a great experience. He is mild, compassionate, a great listener, and spent a great deal of time with me. He definitely isn't one of those "hand on the doorknob" doctors. He diagnosed the cause of my neck pain and offered a procedure. It took a while (a couple procedures to see if I'd be a candidate, then 2 more procedure for the actual treatment), but the result was completely worth it. I can report that my neck pain is gone. Entirely gone. I had this same procedure (radiofrequency ablation) in Ohio a few years ago and it wasn't that effective, but Dr. Heaton assured me that if proper technique is used (when often it isn't), that it should offer me good relief. He was right. I'm hoping I don't need to see him again just because that means I'm still pain free--but I would not hesitate to go there again if I need to in the future.

|  Rude, Rude, Rude!  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

This so called doctor refused to hear everything I told him. He picked what he wanted to hear and went off of that. When I asked him questions that I guess stumped him, he just shruged his shoulders and went on to what he wanted to talk about. He came in with a horrible attitude to begin with, he was very inconsiderate of my feelings, and talked down to me to the point of making me feel as if I was an inch tall. He told me his wacked out "diagnosis" and basically said in a round about way, if I didn't like his response, then I need to go to another doctor. I was livid and never have I been treated this way ever in my life. He also talked bad about every doctor I mentioned, as if he is so perfect, and all other doctors are worthless. It was a complete waste of my time and I will never go back or refer anyone to him, ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!