Dr. Spencer Richlin, MD
Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
best Doctor show details best Doctor
by Paulina J on Apr 2nd, 2016

I am so grateful to have found Dr Richlin and RMACT, his professionalism along with the way he treats the patient makes you feel well cared and at ease, he knew what to do and the measures to take about my health and thanks to him I am pregnant today with my first child, I feel blessed and thankful for all he did for me and for his wonderful staff (Tara and Sandy) who never let me alone in my path to pregnancy. God bless all.

by C.O. on Jul 24th, 2014

From our first visit with Dr. Richlin we knew we were at the right place. Dr. Richlin and his entire staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Richlin and RMACT for couples looking to start a family who are unable to do so on their own. I personally had a positive outcome.

Simply the best!! show details Simply the best!!
by Allison Carriere on Apr 5th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Richlin was amazing. Not only was he caring and supportive but he walked us through every step of the way. The staff at RMA in Norwalk was also incredible. The run a well oiled machine but you still feel the one on one attention. My nurse Rachel was also excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Richlin and his team.

experience show details experience
by Shannon Hernandez on Apr 5th, 2014

My experience at RMA was nothing less then professional and positive. I first met Dr. Richlin and his staff at RMA back in 2010 when I was trying to conceive my second child. He was everything I could have hoped for along with his staff. The nurses are beyond compassionate and available for you. They make you feel like your the only patient in the office. The doctors are up with the most current medical treatment out there. They treat each case as it is and take a different approach with treatment each cycle as needed, always on their toes and thinking ahead! My husband and I went back this year 2014 for our second fertility treatment and they were just as amazing!

Competent, Compassionate, and Caring show details Competent, Compassionate, and Caring
by Stacey on Mar 25th, 2014

I was very hesitant to start fertility treatments and really only went for a consultation to appease my husband. Dr. Richelin was personable and very encouraging. He talked us through the process and did not hold back. Things took some time, but the staff and other doctors within the practice all made my husband and me feel comfortable. He encouraged us when needed it and shared in our joys when we got our dreams answered. He is very passionate about helping women and I would recommend him and his practice to anyone.

Biggest fan! show details Biggest fan!
by B.D. on Mar 16th, 2014

We started our fertility journey with Dr. Richlin a year and a half ago. from that first meeting, my husband and I loved his can-do attitude. We immediately felt confident and comfortable, knowing that we were in the best hands. With each disappointment, Dr. Richlin kept us motivated and in good spirits. With our successful pregnancy, Dr. Richlin was almost as excited as we were! We can never thank him, and his entire staff, enough, for the gift they have given us.

by AB on Jul 18th, 2013

We can't say enough positive things about Dr. Richlin, and all of the doctors and staff at RMA-CT Stamford. I recently had a frozen embryo transfer following a devastating twin loss at 24 weeks. Dr. Richlin and all of the staff were compassionate, professional, and held our hands as we tried again, with FET. If I had a worry or concern, it was addressed and we left there feeling like everyone in the office is invested in our success, They went above and beyond, and we are currently almost 10 weeks along. Nurse Cathe, billing Teresa, phlebotomists Petra and Theresa, receptionist Roberta and coordinator Melissa, acupuncturists, and all the doctors...you are top notch!

Excellent and compassionate Doctor, Clinic, and Staff! show details Excellent and compassionate Doctor, Clinic, and Staff!
by Anne A. on Jun 30th, 2013

Dr. Richlin helped my husband and I get through the roller coaster of infertility with the most genuinely caring bedside manner - and careful analysis/treatment of our case - that I could ever have imagined for us. He was always incredibly upbeat, and not at all in an insincere "cheerleader-y" way. He was honest, hopeful, and always made us feel like we were his only patients even though we knew that was far from the case. Everyone at Reproductive Medical Associates of CT (RMACT) is nothing short of amazing. Our nurse, patient coordinator, medical assistants, financial advisor, acupuncturist, yoga teacher, and every other doctor we saw (I think by the time we were discharged we had seen them all!) were all incredibly helpful, genuine, informative, and understanding at all times. I always felt like we were continuously being supported and paid attention to. They were all right there with me as I tried to hold back tears at my initial appointments, and months later as I joyfully stared in awe at my baby's heartbeat during our first ultrasound. My husband and I are by nature very private people, but I would not have wanted anyone else on this journey with me than our supporters at RMACT. I truly can't say enough about RMACT. Now that I am pregnant and back to my OB/GYN, I actually miss the staff and doctors there, but can't wait to send them pictures and updates of our baby once he/she makes his/her appearance! If you are in Fairfield/Westchester counties and about to start your own fertility journey, do not look any further than RMACT. And don't ever lose hope.

The Best! show details The Best!
by TJB on May 3rd, 2013

Love, love, love Dr. Richlin! He and his staff were the most warm and comforting doctors during a sensitive and challenging time. So happy to report that we're expecting twins, thanks to Dr. Richlin and everyone at RMACT! We couldn't have asked for better care, treatment, and bedside manners.

Excellent experience overall show details Excellent experience overall
by Caroline M. on Mar 16th, 2013

Dr. Richlin always seemed to have our best interests in mind and always spent as much time as we needed talking through the options with us. He never made us feel like asked stupid questions (even if some of them were) and wanted to make sure we felt comfortable through every step of the way. I would not hesitate referring Dr. Richlin for his care and time with patients as well as his results.

RMA show details RMA
Oct 6th, 2012

I had a really nice experience at RMA. It is very stressful to go through any fertility treatments but RMA makes this so much easier. The staff is wonderful and checks on you at all times even daily to ensure that you are doing well and that you understand everything.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
Sep 6th, 2012

Dr. Richlin is not only a knowledgable clinician but also a great guy. The entire practice was understanding and made sure I knew what to expect each step of the way. I was sad to leave once I was pregnanat to transition to my OB!

Dr Richlin, an awesome doctor who changes family trees show details Dr Richlin, an awesome doctor who changes family trees
Jul 29th, 2012

I will not repeat what has been said about the practice and the staff here. The previous comments just speak for themselves. I feel so blessed to have met such highly professional, caring doctors, nurses, assistants. Each and everyone one of them was just wonderful. What I would like to stress is that of all people, me and my fianc were facing huge obstacles due to preexisting medical conditions, prior cancer, maternal age, etc. We had male factor and my age (41.5 years old at the time of conception). In spite of all this, Dr Richlin was always positive, supportive and never once mentioned donor eggs (even though I did because I was almost sure it wouldnt work). He was extremely thorough in terms of initial tests, I had a lot of them (bloodwork, MRI, etc.) He got in touch with my endocrinologist and they both discussed my TSH results and reviewed my levothyroxine dosage. He was on top of everything But it was all worth it, the result was simply a miracle thanks to the skill of this excellent doctor. I am now 10 weeks pregnant (with my own eggs) as a result of a first time IVF and just graduated to my Obgyn. I am so sad to leave them but so grateful for what they have done.I want to give special thanks to Dr Richlin, Rachel Voigt, my patient coordinator, Brigitte Alicea, my nurse, Dr Murdoch (who did my transfer) and Dr Leondires (who did my retrieval), and all the assistants. Thank you to all from the bottom of my heart.

Jul 10th, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Richlin. His staff was informative, helpful, and supportive. I recommend all of my family and friends faced with the issues of fertility to his office.

Jun 21st, 2012

Dr. Richlin and the staff at RMA Norwalk were better than any other medical practice I've been to. They were courteous and took the time to get to know me. Often Dr. Richlin would call me at home after hours or on the weakened to check in on me. I would recommend him to anyone! I am expecting later this year because of everything he did to help me.

Amazing Doctor, Amazing practice show details Amazing Doctor, Amazing practice
Jun 5th, 2012

We came to RMA and Dr. Richlin, a worried couple who had multiple miscarriages.He educated us in simple terms, spent an hour with us on our first visit, eased our minds, and was kind and courteous all the way through. Upon getting discharge to my regular obgyn, I felt a sense of sadness that I would be leaving his care. I would highly recommend Dr. Richlin and the other doctors at RMA.

Miracle Worker!!! show details Miracle Worker!!!
May 28th, 2012

After struggling with infertility for a year which included surgery for an ectopic pregnancy, my husband and I decided to switch to a different doctor and picked RMA of CT. From our very first visit, we were impressed!!! The doctors, nurses and entire staff (including the acupuncturist) not only helped us overcome our fertility issues but took care of us emotionally every step of the process. The medication and shots were not too overwhelming for me because I had done some fertility treatments at another facility... but I couldn't help being a nervous wreck. The day before the transfer was scheduled, I was a basketcase. Dr. Richlin and I spoke that day to cover the last minute preparation steps I needed to do that night. I explained that I was terrified we would show up the next morning to find out that our blastocyst had not survived and that there was nothing that could be done. Bright and early the next morning, the phone rang. It was Dr. Richlin calling to reassure me that he went to the lab first thing that morning to double check everything and we would good to go!!! That call was a life line. My husband and I were able to get ready and calmly head to the office for the procedure.Everyone at RMA was wonderful and my husband and I could not be happier with the service we received. And now for the best part!!! I'm 13 weeks pregnant!!!!! We are due in December!!! I strongly encourage everyone who is dealing with infertility... even if you have tried other doctors... to make an appointment at RMA.

Dr Richlin Makes Miracles Happen show details Dr Richlin Makes Miracles Happen
May 3rd, 2012

If you want knowledgable, confident, and caring people by your side during fertility treatment look to Dr Richlin and his staff at RMA. I got to know them all very well and not only did they help us get pregnant, they also helped me to cope with the emotional issues that came along with infertility. From day 1, Dr. Richlin took the time to thoroughly explain the entire process step by step. I was assigned an amazing nurse who walked me through everything in great detail (Cathie!). When you go through infertility treatment there is ALOT to learn. She was experienced, kind, supportive and available to answer all of my questions - and the best part was that she was accessible via email with prompt answers. I will never forget my experience at RMA - I felt like the entire staff ALWAYS put my needs first.

Great doctor, great team show details Great doctor, great team
Apr 30th, 2012

We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Richlin and the whole team at RMACT. The team is incredibly knowledgable and experienced and the whole staff is very caring and friendly. Dr. Richlin never rushed us and we felt comfortable asking as many questions as we needed to. I always felt that I was in good hands and that my case was being carefully monitored. IVF can obviously be stressful and anxiety inducing, but this team really knows what they're doing and makes you feel so comfortable. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Wonderful Caring Staff show details Wonderful Caring Staff
Mar 20th, 2012

Dr. Richlin and his staff were amazing. Informative, caring, always calling and checking up on me. They got me pregnant within 6 months! They are very thorough and take the time to answer all your questions or concerns. They also offer lots of extras- classes, workshops, even yoga- to help ease the difficulties of infertility.

Feb 6th, 2012

Dr. Richlin is a fantastic doctor. I found him to be extremely professional but also very caring. Though he is extremely busy, I never got the feeling I was being rushed or one of many. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Amazing Doctor and team. show details Amazing Doctor and team.
Feb 1st, 2012

Thanks to Dr. Richlin I have one beautiful little girl and another one on the way. It was a tough road but the team at RMA was there to guide me and offer support through it. I am very grateful to them. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Richlin to my closest friends.

Outstanding Doctor with an Outstanding team show details Outstanding Doctor with an Outstanding team
Jan 2nd, 2012

Dr. Richlin and his staff are AMAZING! They are friendly, attentive and they treat you like family. They are always available to answer questions, give advice and calm your fears. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Richlin and his team to everyone! I cannot say enough about them. They are miracle workers!

by RACHEL J. on Oct 26th, 2011

DR. RICHLIN AND HIS STAFF ARE TRULY REMARKABLE. DR. RICHLIN HAS SUCH A WONDERFUL BEDSIDE MANNER AND IS SUCH A CARING, COMPASSIONATE AND WONDERFUL DR. I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT HIM. LOVE HIM!! AWESOME!!!

Best doctor ever! show details Best doctor ever!
Oct 15th, 2011

Dr. Richlin is incredible nice. He is very knowledgeable and professional.He takes time to listen to you, answer your questions, and explain all details to you. He has a great surgery skill and nice bed manner. It's not a surprise that a lot of couples came to RMA-CT from far away to see him.

Sep 1st, 2011

Dr. Richlin was kind, patient, and always looking for the best solutions. He always had my best interest at heart. The entire staff was very supportive during a difficult time for me and my family. I could not have asked for a better team.

THANKS DR. RICHLIN show details THANKS DR. RICHLIN
Jun 26th, 2011

Dr. Richlin's knowledge and expertise is something I will always admire. the staff and Dr. Richlin showed a sincere desire to help and support us through our process, we are truly grateful. Thank you Dr. Richlin, so much for the gift of this experience -- motherhood.

Very happy patient show details Very happy patient
Jun 4th, 2011

I spent 10 months at RMA going through several IUI cycles and eventually an IVF, which got me pregnant with twins. Dr Richlin and the whole staff were very supportive. Having a personal nurse and patient coordinator (Mary & Rachel) was invaluable... they were always accessible and their proactive checking on me made me feel so comfortable. I have never had that kind of closeness and accessibility at a doctor's office. This office is run exceptionally well. Dr Richlin helped step me through the whole process, and when I saw other doctors they were also kind and informative. Dr Hurwitz made me feel especially comfortable. I loved everyone and it is bittersweet being released to my regular OB.

Highly recommended! show details Highly recommended!
May 17th, 2011

While mother nature made this experience incredibly difficult the first time around, Dr Richlin and his incredible staff could not have been better. I'm truly amazed at how kind, compassionate, and truly helpful everyone was! Never before have I seen a medical staff like this and truly appreciate the extra care they all took. I would recommend this group to anyone in a heartbeat!

Outstanding care show details Outstanding care
May 5th, 2011

I strongly recommend Dr. Richlin to any couple who is struggling to get pregnant. I had an excellent experience at RMACT and with Dr. Richlin. From the moment I met Dr. Richlin, he was honest, caring and to the point. He gave my husband and I options to consider, rather than pushing us in one direction. Going through infertility is an incredibly difficult and humbling experience. The entire staff at RMA made me feel better and more confident. Within 7 months, I was pregnant and I can't thank each staff member, particularly Dr. Richlin, enough.

Mar 10th, 2011

Dr. Richlin and the RMA staff are incredible. They always have smiles on their faces, are always available to answer questions and/or listen to your concerns. I cannot say enough good things about this practice. They made a really tough situation much easier than it could have been. I would go back to them and refer my friends in a heartbeat.

Feb 27th, 2011

Dr. Richlin as well as everyone in his team are all wonderful, professional and caring doctors. He spent a lot of time with me explaining what we needed to do step by step and helped me to never get discourage during the entire process.

Feb 11th, 2011

We went to see Dr Richlin after not being able to concieve naturally. After we left our first appt we knew that I was in good hands. Words cannot describe how amazing and caring he was throughout the process. We did 2 cycles of iui and one of ivf and now were expecting triplets, what a blessing! We never doubted his judgement and advice. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor and the staff at the clinic is just as great. Cathy and Petra were absolutely wonderful and caring. I wish I couldve stayed there for my prenatal care . I got so spoiled and showered with attention. I love love Dr Richlin, highly recommend him to all couples...

Dr Richlin - AMAZING DOCTOR! show details Dr Richlin - AMAZING DOCTOR!
Jan 25th, 2011

We had an amazing experiance at RMA. Dr Richlin was so thorough with us and always explained step by step the necessary steps to get me pregnant! Himself, his associates, and his staff were all very caring and knowledgeable whenever I had questions. My husband and I are THRILLED to be pregnant because of Dr. Richlin and will always be grateful to him! I wish I could have stayed in the care of RMA my whole pregnancy!

Happy show details Happy
Dec 31st, 2010

Just found out the other day that I was pregnant on my first ivf cycle. Thank You Dr Richlin and RMACT

Happy patient show details Happy patient
by LKP on Dec 23rd, 2010

Great Doctor, and fabulous quick result. Pregnant and greatful!!

Dec 9th, 2010

My experience with RMA was wonderful.Everyone from the front desk to the nurses to the doctors were professional and caring.

Amazing Practice with a fantastic staff show details Amazing Practice with a fantastic staff
Oct 10th, 2010

My husband and I were referred to Dr. Richlin almost four years ago when we found out we could not conceive naturally. From our first meeting with Dr. Richlin we knew we were in the best place for us. At a time when you are beyond stressed with feelings of inadequancy, he makes his patients feel so comfortable and hopeful but without false assurance. A comment was made above that he was out for money. This could not be further from the truth. If anything, he makes sure you can afford the treatments needed and works with both his patients and insurance to give his patients every chance possible to conceive. My son is now almost two and we are welcoming our second baby through IVF this February. Dr. Richlin is a much needed doctor in this emotionally demanding field.

WE LOVED RMA! show details WE LOVED RMA!
by Samantha Hembrook on Sep 20th, 2010

My husband and i had a great experience with reproductive medicine associates (RMA). Dr.Richlin was our primary Dr at RMA he was really helpful and made us feel comfortable.We also loved the other Dr's at RMA. My husband and i had tried to conceive for about a yr and a half when we were refered to rma. After a few cycle of IUI, we finally conceived on our first cycle of IVF. I am now currently 17 weeks pregnant with twin boy's and am thrilled! It was hard for me to leave RMA and go back to my regular OB because the staff at rma made us feel so comfortable.I would recommend anyone who is in the area of danbury,cos cobb, or norwalk to choose RMA for your fertility treatments.

Don't look anywhere else show details Don't look anywhere else
Sep 16th, 2010

Dr. Richlin was very professional and yet still always made you feel comfortable and like he sincerely cared for you as a patient. From the beginning it was very clear that our satisfaction and happiness as his patient were his largest priorities. I would never consider going to anyone else for fertility care in the future and will strongly recommend him and his staff to anyone who is looking for a recommendation.

by LR on Aug 30th, 2010

Great Doctor. Great bedside. Became pregnant quick with IVF. Highly recommend

Outstanding show details Outstanding
by Mary K. McGowan on May 16th, 2010

Dr. Richlin treated me for two rounds of IVF. He based his decision to do a second round of IVF on me on my body's performance the first time around. I am forty-five and typically not considered a candidate for IVF using my own eggs at this age, but because I had the desire to use my own eggs rather than a donor egg, and given the fact that I responded unusually well the first time around (for someone my age) he agreed to do another round with me. Not every doctor would have.The IVF was successful and I am now at the end of my first trimester. The real skill in performing a successful IVF is the transfer day when the fertilized eggs are carefully placed back into the womb. This is where I feel most confident in recommending RMA and Dr. Richlin. This is the most crucial part of the procedure and Dr. Richlin has a 100% success rate with me, I became pregnant both times.

May 12th, 2010

The office in general was great. knowing what i had to go through and what i was about to start with the IVF alll the Dr's and the workers staff made this process a very good eperiance i loved it

Fantastic Doctor - Fantastic Practice! show details Fantastic Doctor - Fantastic Practice!
May 5th, 2010

I am 39 and was referred to RMA by two different people. Everyone at the clinic was kind, compassionate and caring.Dr. Richlin was my main physician - he is very optimistic but also very realistic. Dr. Murdock did my retrieval and transfer - she was fantastic as well.We are thrilled that we got pregnant our first IVF cycle. I hope that I don't have to have IVF again but if I did, I would go right back to RMA.It was hard leaving them after being turned over to my OB.

by Pearl on Apr 19th, 2010

Best Bedside Doctor. Real nice. Explained all procedures to me. We got pregnant on our first IVF cycle. Real Happy!!

Mar 26th, 2010

excellent service and knowledge

Every offfice should run like RMA-CT show details Every offfice should run like RMA-CT
by Shari on Mar 5th, 2010

I have had the pleasure of working with Dr Richlin and all of the staff at RMA-CT over the last 2.5 years. I have never seen a more efficient practice. All of the staff members know you by name and greet you when you walk in the door. Dr Richlin has gone above and beyond in treating my infertility and my crazy type A personality! I always have a laundry list of questions/concerns and he has never rushed me or made me feel like I was putting him out. I just "graduated" from RMA with my second pregnancy and, although I couldn't be more excited to be pregnant again, leaving RMA is bittersweet because I will miss all of the people I have had the pleasure of interacting with there. I will miss Dr Richlin and everyone at RMA...until it's time for baby #3!

Fantastic Experience show details Fantastic Experience
Feb 18th, 2010

Dr. Richlin was recommended to my husband and I by our new ob/gyn after we went through a particularly traumatic miscarriage that was mishandled by a different ob/gyn practice. Dr. Richlin was always caring, concerned, and would take the time to explain everything thoroughly, whether in person or scheduling a telephone call. He was always positive and reassuring--something my husband and I both needed after our previous experience. He is also meticulous in his practice and incredibly detail-oriented. We never came away from an appointment without knowing exactly where we stood. Dr. Richlin's honesty and professionalism were refreshing and exactly what is needed when going through something as stressful as fertility treatments. I would absolutely recommend him and his practice to ANYONE seeking reproductive assistance and advice.

Feb 14th, 2010

Very Professional serviceCaring & promptVery satisfied & recommend their service

Dr. Richlin - Best RE in CT! show details Dr. Richlin - Best RE in CT!
by Kelly Lackner on Nov 2nd, 2009

I couldn't have had a better experience than I did with Dr. Richlin and the staff at RMA in Norwalk, CT. Dr. Richlin brings humanity to his medicine - he's incredibly smart and decisive about the direction to take, yet brings humor, kindness, and a wonderful bedside manner to each interaction. He has given me a beautiful daughter, and I'm now expecting #2 with his help - I couldn't be more grateful to him, and consider him a member of my family. I simply don't think that a better RE exists in CT.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
Oct 31st, 2009

Dr. Richlin and his staff were very caring and sensitive to my needs. I highly recommend him and his practice.

overall outcome positve! show details overall outcome positve!
by Amanda P. on Oct 19th, 2009

Even though I experienced ups and downs during my time at RMA and with Dr. Richlin, the overall outcome was very positive. It's a very complicated practice and every woman is different. I had tears of sadness and tears of happiness. My goal was to get pregnant and Dr. Richlin made that happen.

Great Thorough Team show details Great Thorough Team
by Lisa HV on Oct 16th, 2009

Dr. Richlin is straight to the point, no beating around the bush. He is thorough and helped use reach desired results the first time around. He also used language non medical degree person can be comfortable with. His entire team of doctors and staff are all very professional.

by Jennifer Mertz on Oct 8th, 2009

Dr. Richlin and the entire staff at RMA were caring and professional. My experience was incredible. Not only were the doctors and nurses knowledgeable, but they were fun and personable as well. Definitely not a "stuffy" doctor's office! I would highly recommend RMA with the utmost confidence.