A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Spencer Sherman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Spencer Sherman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Spencer Sherman, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Contact lenses
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Sherman graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Sherman has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Mt Sinai Hospital
- Manhattan Eye Ear Throat Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sherman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 14 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Spencer E. Sherman practice?
Dr. Spencer Sherman practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.