A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Spiro Demetis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Spiro Demetis is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Spiro Demetis, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Demetis graduated from Universidad De Monterrey, San Pedro Garza Garcia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Demetis has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Lutheran Medical Center
- Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Demetis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 7 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Spiro Demetis practice?
Dr. Spiro Demetis practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists, Brooklyn Critical Care Practitioners, Brooklyn Pulmonologists, and Brooklyn Obstetricians & Gynecologists.